1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Rivers is best QB in football today"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Dec 1, 2010.

1. BKisAScamArtist

BKisAScamArtist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Dilfer is an idiot regardless of what he says. Why he is an analyst is beyond me. I hate Rivers, but he's good... .damn good. Is he the best?? No freaking way in hell. Tom and Peyton are still better and it's not even debatable IMO. I would almost put someone else up above Rivers also in Big Ben (someone I hate even more than Rivers).

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Saying Ben is better than Rivers is a joke. Ben has two rings but only one of those rings did he play a significant role in earning. And, even so, he still had a powerful run game and a powerful defense helping him.

You don't think Rivers would win two Super Bowls with the teams Ben had?

Yeah, that's pure speculation and no way to prove it but the fact remains you can't say one person is better than another because of what their teams accomplished.

Big Ben played like absolute garbage in Super Bowl XL, worst QB rating ever for a SB winning QB.

3. BKisAScamArtist

Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to go back and look, I never used rings as the basis of my argument. Never did I even mention them. I would never use that as a basis b/c it's really stupid. Almost as stupid as using wins as a basis. In fact, while you're back there rereading, I never even said Ben was better and even if I had said he was, it's not like it's a wide margin. Again, like it says in my thread, I'm LOGICAL.

Tom and Peyton are way ahead of Rivers though, hands down.

4. BKisAScamArtist

Ratings:
    +0
    EDIT (can you edit posts here???):

I meant, "Again, like it says in my sig....." My bad.

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If you want to go back and look I never said you said anything. I merely expressed my opinion on the idea of Ben being better than Rivers.

6. BKisAScamArtist

Ratings:
    +0
    Quoting people helps others understand who you are talking to..... just saying.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    But what if I'm not talking to any one specific person? Should I make up a false quote so you don't assume that I thought you said anything?

You said you "might" put Ben ahead of Rivers and that spurred me into the rant.

You didn't say anything about rings but, all things considered, that's the only thing I can think of that would make someone think Ben is better than Rivers (and many have said that).

But, you didn't say that, nor did I say you did, but I still felt the need to rant about it because you broached the subject.

So...I ask again, who am I supposed to quote?

Edit: A quick search of my posts (not that I'm suggesting you should have done this, just saying) would show you that I use the quote feature almost too much.

8. BKisAScamArtist

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, it's just a strange coincidence that you weren't referring to me considering I was the only person to bring up Ben (even including Dilfer) prior to you and your post was directly after mine but I'm supposed to think you weren't responding to me. Seems like A LOT to ask of someone but whatever. No big deal.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    i didnt deny that your post was what spurred me to comment on Ben vs Rivers, but that doesn't mean I automatically assumed you held the opposing opinion of what I'm arguing against.

10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    Funny how you don't mention Big Ben and the Steelers SB win of 2008. Was it the defense that won the game?

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Did I not say Ben has two rings?

Did I not admit he played a significant role in one of them?

A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I don't think I'd say "way" ahead but yeah, I'll give the nod to both those guys over Rivers. But Rapelessburger? No way. Next thing you're telling me is Campbell is MVP......

13. BKisAScamArtist

Ratings:
    +0
    ??? Jason Campbell has always sucked. He's a glorified back-up. It's like the retarded Raider fans tried to tell me he was good as I had to say was the cliche "you get what you pay for and he was pretty much given to us". We need a QB before we can talk about being a legit squad. We do not have one. I expect him to throw up another 60 QB rating this Sunday.

But about Ben, I never said he was better but it most certainly is debatable.

14. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    I read that part. Its just the way you put it away so quickly. So you can rant about he's first one. Talk about both super bowl wins in detail rather than barely mention one SB as a negative to he's skills. Thanks, it does go along way.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I focussed on the first one because it's a prime example of why you can't just blindly count rings and say one QB is better than the other.

Ben is a great QB, and three years ago I wouldnt have said that. But he still has the benefit of a complete team to work with.

16. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Any of you ever listen to Howard Cossell? He was more funny than right. but I regress. Phillip Rivers gets the job done and sometime when I here praise of other QBs' like montana I think, oh yeah he just dinked and doinked a 5 yard pass to a guy that goes 20 and his stat looks great. Phillip puts the ball down field and has done it consistantly. He's also a monster in the pocket with bodies falling all around him ala Dan Fouts.That's Charger football.

17. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Rivers best QB

Oh and bens' a big girl. See that tap he got and he dropped like a rag. Whatta wuss. And a bad actor. If it wasn't for having hines ward ben would be cannon fodder.:rolleyes: