1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers is now the top-rated passer of alltime!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Weekly Top 20 Passers

1 Philip Rivers 96.89
    2 Steve Young 96.81
    3 Tony Romo 95.50
    4 Peyton Manning 95.24
    5 Kurt Warner 93.71
    6 Tom Brady 93.48
    7 Joe Montana 92.26
    8 Ben Roethlisberger 91.96
    9 Drew Brees 91.87
    10 Matt Schaub 90.81
    11 Chad Pennington 90.15
    12 Daunte Culpepper 87.78
    13 Jeff Garcia 87.54
    14 Carson Palmer 87.46
    15 Dan Marino 86.38
    16 Brett Favre 86.34
    17 Trent Green 86.03
    18 Donovan McNabb 85.93
    19 David Garrard 85.87
    20 Rich Gannon 84.71

2. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    When Tony Romo is #3 all time this system is not right. Sounds good though. If it builds confidence and such then so be it! Romo wouldn't even start on my HS team.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There is a high school football video game now?

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    No, no, Conc. He's talking about the high school that he's currently attending...

Pointy

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    When Garrard is 19th all time there's something wrong, but I'll take it

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    And Dante Culpepper. He plays for the Sacramento Mountain Lions for Pete's sake.

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Why whats wrong with it? If Romo threw 4tds and Manning threw none. You probably would say Manning had the better day huh? Child Please...

8. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Funny how Philip keeps getting better and yet peyton 'knock me down and I start crying' manning still gets all the attention from the talking heads.

9. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    That's because your high school team uses your system. If they weren't using it he'd leading them right into the gutter.

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I have to disagree. I mean sure Peyton is in all the dumb *** commercials, but Rivers' is getting mad love from all the analysts and broadcasters I listen to, and I am not in SD. All the talking heads I listen to are talking about how Rivers looks like the best QB in the NFL.

I do, however, agree with COOL GUY; Romo licks balls.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LOL stats

the only stats I give a **** about are Ws and Ls.

12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    AND as in seasons past the damn confrence record. Right now we are well behind on out DIV oppontents W-L record. 0-2 Pretty sure we can beat OAK and KC in the revengers and DEN goes down twice like usual. *hoculi permiting*

Oyea Another way to say PR is the greatest already. Dont think ill use it yet, still jus happy with the best season he has posted to date being his most selling accolade at the moment.

Flawed list, but what u expect its lookin like its only career accuracy/qb passer ranking. Considering the players on the list that have moved on and cant drop/raise their average, PR is pimpin the NFL Defenders bigtime.

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    If Rivers had full control of that stat the Chargers would never lose a game.

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    he's pretty good on that one too

15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    exactly. Stats are nice, but you can wipe your rearend with the paper its printed on if there is not a ring to go along with it!

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I would go along with being the best QB, because untill that ring happens, all we have is another QB going somewhere without a ring. What good is that?

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Rivers can only help so much in getting the ring, he doesn't play defense nor special teams, so belittleing his stats because he doesn't have a ring is kinda unfair. I guess Marino and Foust are crap while Dilfer, Brad Johnson and E. Manning are HOFrs since they have one

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    Trent Dilfer has a ring. Brad Johnson has a ring.

Neither is better than Dan Marino or Dan Fouts and their ringless fingers on their worst days.

Rivers is a great QB but he can't do it all himself. Nobody can.

This year is proof positive of that. Rivers is playing out of his mind and the Chargers are 4-5.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I've always been a Rivers guy from day 1 (see my sig) and KNOW he's the best QB in the game right now but the ONE stat that I want him to be in is:

Sheli : Lombardi's - 1

Toothlessburger Lombardi's 2

Rivers Lombardi's - 0

:mad:

I do however feel that Rivers IS the guy that will deliver that coveted Lombardi to us someday soon. As long as Special Teams get's their shiat together......(facepalm)

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I don't think there's a Chargers fan registered to these forums that disagrees with this post.

However, I'm forced to ask why we don't say the same thing about Malcolm Floyd when discussing what he's done as a WR? Or Gates when discussing the records he's broken?

How come nobody ever says "I don't care how many TDs Gates has caught. I only want to see Gates - 1 Lombardi!"?

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    But when you play on a TEAM, it’s a TEAM effort. Yes Rivers play is absolutely great, and he is deserving of everything he wins. The play of Gates helps Rivers and both compliment each other because both of them depend on each other.

But when you drive the 98 yards, and then throw an interception, that hurts. When the team drives 99 yards and fumbles it away, that hurts. When you put up over 400 yards in offense and only have 17 points that hurts. When you take 8 minutes off the clock on a nice 85 yard drive that’s nice, but when they turn right around and give up kickoff return for a touchdown, that hurts. It’s great to have a Quarterback who can move the team; it would help if the team put some points on the board.

22. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

QB ratings have climbed since Walsh's west coast offense hit and the dink and dunk and check down obsessions took over. It's more about high completion % and avoiding turnovers than anything else now, personally I think the calculation needs some tweaking. Re: Rivers though, imagine if he had anything resembling a quality OL in front of him, he's put up these numbers playing behind average OL's and trying to survive.

23. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hey, I want ALL of those guys to get a Lombardi too man. Guys like Floyd, Gates, etc. who I really admire and really deserve it.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I understand this is a team sport and that wins are the bottom line.

In fact, that's exactly what I've been getting at.

Dan Marino is a hall of famer. Trent Dilfer is not. But the latter is the one with the Super Bowl ring. Why? Because this is a TEAM game just like you said.

We can still acknowledge an individual player as a great player without losing sight of the bottom line.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I'm sure you do, but that was cynical satire expressing my distaste for the incessant desire to link QBs to Super Bowl rings when discussing individual accolades.

Nobody ever says they don't care about individual records for other positions because they care more about their rings.

That's not that I think they should, however.

I agree winning the Lombardi is the bottom line, but as I said in my previous post replying to H8R, we can acknowledge individual accomplishments without losing sight of the bottom line.

26. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    and the quicker we get one of those things, the quicker we can get that monkey off OUR backs.

Its all good, I fully understand what you are saying.

• Like Like x 1
  27. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Well will be intersting to see what the rankings are with a week out of action to even the scale a bit.