1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers is proving he doesn't need VJ

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Nov 8, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Rivers is showing that he is what made VJ what he is, and gives us more reason to be pissed VJ wasn't traded when we could have gotten a 2nd round pick for him

2. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    True, but also no question we will benefit having him. Frankly, I thought the Texan DB's stunk, they bought every fake our receivers threw at them, we had guys running free all day. Won't be like that every week.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Jackson is elite, but we don't "need" him to win.

Certainly helps tho.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    we will need him at some point in time during a game when his size and ability warrants it.

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I had to laugh when I saw this thread...there's always something negative to find within the positive. Even if it would be nice if we had traded him.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I don't know who is making who but this I do know. If everyone concentrates on their job and does it well, good things happen. Unlike the Special teams of course.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Hex, isn't it pretty clear who needs who?

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    ^This^ ^That^ and so forth and so on...

• Like Like x 1
  9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    How many different ways are people going to try to slice up their anger and serve this issue to us?

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    This fact was proven when the Chargers had the #1 ranked offense with Floyd/Naane out there. The fact that Rivers can do it with Ajirotutu and Crayton is a testament to not only his skills but to AJ's in finding good hidden gems to replace the lost and the cast aside (as Floyd/Naane/Jackson once were the hidden gems). Jackson dealt himself a bad hand and the only prayer he had was for our offense to fall apart. That hasn't happened and he lost alot of his bargaining power

11. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I give AJ props for finding WR Nanee and 'tutu.

If Rivers is THIS good without VJ...imagine how good he'll be WITH VJ!!

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Of course it doesn't hurt playing the worst pass defense in the league. I think VJ would make things easier for everyone. If you have VJ doubled that will make Gates' job easier to get open, or Floyd etc. The more weapons the better.

You look at the Colts, Manning makes any WR look decent, but you don't think having Reggie Wayne and Clark make it easier?

13. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I just hope VJ doesn't pull a merriman and "get hurt" and sit out on IR. Just have that baaad feeling he just showed up so this year counts for free agency. Next year if he splits and we get nothing for him...big mistake.

14. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Thanks for clearing that up. Now on to the Rivers/Brees debate.

15. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    So what, I certainly wouldn't just hand him his number one spot back. Gotta be on the field all year to deserve that at least in his case. If wr were our big issue I may agree with licking his truck nuts, but that's not the case. Let him pull a Merriman, and watch him leave town with the quickness.

16. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    I did post in public before we don't need VJ. In fact he drops key passes under pressure.

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    does he do the same thing on Madden?

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I hope we never know. I hope they dont even allow that POS in the locker room!

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    In my mind River's isn't doing anything I already knew he was capable of, so how can this be a surprise to any Bolt's fan?? The Charger's have had bad-arse offensive units before and we're still waiting for that brass ring. I for one am tired of the wait, keep the offense but please build a defense that will go out and beat the other team so hard their mother's cry. B F D, they can throw the ball on anyone, how about just going out there and beat the shyte out of the other poor bastage and take the fawking game, that's what I want to see. Screw this Mr. nice guy BS, take a damn flag for roughing the passer, just make it count. If that's cheating, I'm all for it!!!!

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    No one cares what you say or think. Go away already

21. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Rivers is the Man. He has stood in the pocket (as Dan Fouts did) bloodied, kneebraced, toe stomped on and what? Got up and throws to any open reciever. Many times he gets his choice of multiple open recievers. Dude does it. If he doesn't get MVP somebody is being paid to vote crying manning (who cares which one) or brett (I just care 'bout 300 starts) favre. Lt on bench.jpg

22. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    The following was one of Michael Silvers (YahooSPORTS.com) "32 Questions"...I thought it was funny..

16. San Diego Chargers: Don’t you get the feeling that Rivers could line up with a receiving corps of John Jefferson, Charlie Joiner and Kellen Winslow(notes) Sr. – in their current physical states – and still throw for 400 yards?