1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers looking good for Sunday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by maestro876, Dec 12, 2007.

1. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    From the Chargerblog at the UT:

Provided that he can't injure his knee any more, I think it is imperative that he play.

2. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    He can't afford to sit out after he established some real momentum last week. If he doesn't carry that forward into the playoffs we'll sure as **** be one and done again.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would rather sit his *** down and just about all the key starters at this point.

Why?

If our back ups can not get us into the playoffs after the hell this team put us through this year in failed expectations, they do not deserve it.

We have a two game cushion in a **** division this year.

Maybe the embarassment of an 8-8 season and backing into the playoffs will humble some of these over paid athletes.

Let them earn it the hard way.

It will make them better men and team and if not - oh well - full steam ahead ........

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Rivers needs to prove he belongs and I see last weeks game as a giant step forward. We need cohesion on this team something we haven't had in years, our players has to believe and trust in each other to win the Lombardi.

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

I definitely think that Rivers earned a lot of respect from his teammates Sunday. One more step towards being the leader of the team.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    :tup:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly!!!!
    What I saw is that Rivers realized he had to dig deep in the fourth quarter. Not just for the team but also for himself AND HE DID IT!!!!
    I don't know how he avoided that sack and threw the ball to LT. Even though LT wasn't able to stay in bounds, Rivers dodging that sack was massive.
    Then right after that, to complete that pass to Chambers when he was down to his last gasp of air was phenominal!!!

Another great thing I saw was that when LT realized he'll have to finish the game without Neil, he really stepped up his performance!!!

We may be hurting but the heart and adrenaline of this team is pumping fast!!! :bolt:

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Rivers has elephant balls. He'll play sunday. :yes: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    LOL. Last Sunday was a grudge match!!!
    We took EVERYTHING they had but we knocked them out in the end!! :bolt:

10. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Rivers def. showed grit and heart in the last game, I don't think we should be resting anyone unless it is absolutely needed for them to heal.

I think that the opportunity for Rivers and Chambers to get more in sync will be crucial against the Lions and I'm sure we will be getting deep this game. I hope he goes in puts up a couple hundred yards and a few TD's in the first half, then we release the dogs and let LT and Turner trample all over them in the second.

If he gets hit often and the pressure is all over him I'd just as soon have Volek take the beating but I think our line will carry on the great play they had for the last 14% of the titans game...

:bolt:

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Especially if the Jags beat Pittsburgh. That helps us move up to the #3 seed.

12. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Alls Rivers has to do is step up and play like he did in the last minutes of the game; same with the O-line, and we should be fine and stick in there.

Rivers just needs to know who is wearing his teams jersey; that's who he needs to throw to, not the other team...

13. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Why don't we just sit down the two below average Safeties, Hart and McCree first and see how that works out? :)

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I like that plan. :bolt:

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I sent you an e-mail you bovine headed git!:icon_tease:

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :hilarious: 'roo touchin' the Trumpy nerve...

No, Trump... not that nerve you sicko. :icon_tease:

17. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Well stated :thumbup:

Hopefully the Lions play true to road form on Sunday. Can't overlook them though.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Rivers nutted it up in the last game. I know a lot of people dont see it that way, but that was a huge win. A come from behind like that builds confidence and unity!

19. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Like AJ said at the beginning of the season; It's all about how the last three games of the regular season go.

Come on O-Lineman! Let's kick some ***!

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'd rather just be safe and have him ready to roll come denver

21. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    You're kind of full of it there man. Why would you want to put the backups in there to carry us into the playoffs?

The division is weak but it wouldn't surprise me if Denver won out and got our spot. We might be playing the lions, broncos and raiders our next three games but that does not mean we'll beat all of them.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Pssst... The defense is making noise including the safeties. We are number 2 since half time of the Jags game and you want to do what? :icon_huh:

Stop listening to the bovine brained one. He is dragging you down by the past grey proverbials. :icon_rofl: :yes:

Remember his mantra, if they don't work out move them to guard. :lol:

I am glad we never moved the Leander Jordans of the world to guard but here comes T-Rex Olivea with the patented leisure-like kiss of death endorsement. :lol:

23. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    a big game tonight... could be a Championship Sunday at the Murph...:yes:

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

The back-ups have to be smart enough to know they only need to win ONE out of those THREE games.

Dude - ONE out of THREE and against teams who should not get a ratsass to pucker (well maybe the Lions).

Put it to them as a challenge. Let them earn their money and gain valuable reps in the process.

When Rivers went down, every fan who gives a fuc should have been asss puckered knowing we were one more hit away from seeing Charlie Whitehurst and how much time has he had to play?

25. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I would rather get the backups the reps AFTER we get that one win.

When Rivers went down my first thought was, "Fairy tale ending, the QB shunned in Tennessee comes home to vindicate himself.":yes:

Then Volek heaves it deep and I just knew that it was gonna be a TD, but the dude didn't have the arm to get it there (and this after certain posters here claimed he had a cannon:unsure:)
    then he throws the pick and they show Norv on the sidelines telling him to sit his *** down.

By the way, VJ smoked the Dbacks on that play:yes: