1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers Made Me Proud!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Jan 20, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Except for the 2 picks (one not his fault) Rivers really proved to me and the world AGAIN that he is the MAN that will lead us to the promised land. I've been a known long time PR backer for a while now and these playoffs have proved to everyone PR is a big time GAMER. Props to Rivers and the efforts of this team. I am still proud of them! And he's only 25. The future is bright guys! :icon_toast:

[​IMG]

PHILLIP RIVERS IS THE MAN!

2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Rivers earned his wings during these playoffs. Gutsy gritty leader.

He really doesn't need to take a back seat to anyone.

3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

Good luck next week Buck.

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Thanks...Maroney is the key. He has been playing well. The Pack couldn't get a running game going today, and that and their inability to stop Eli killed them.

While I'm here, I think for the enemy :D, you guys have the classiest Chargers board on the net. I thoroughly enjoy this board...it is head and shoulders better than Chargers.com.

The Chargers will have their day. Hugely talented team. Next year will be a burner. Good luck. We'll see you guys in SD next season....maybe I'll make it down that way, and pick up on a little tailgating.

5. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

B4L hatred on Norv = Derwin hatred on LT. :tdown:

6. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

I can't see the Gnats hanging with you all. I think the winner of our game was the SB champs.

I like the growing rivalry with you guys and when we beat you next year in the playoffs it will be a changing of the guard.

Boston is truly one of the finest towns in the country and you deserve your team.

7. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

That's cause you are way too concerned about penis size. :yes:

8. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    What a team player. I can't believe how much he improved at the end of the season. Maybe Norv really is a QB grooming guru.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Thanks Buck. Didn't mean to throw all those barbs at you. You guys made the plays to win and move on. Congrats to you.

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    PR made me soo proud today. i was just like, man this guy is AWESOME. he really shut his critics up today. but you know what, all theyll talk about from here on is his two picks. who cares? what about brady? he didnt do anything really, take out maroney and what do you really have? more picks.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I've ALWAYS been a Rivers fan!!! :bolt: :bolt:

12. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    ....not really. Just a Norv hater.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    YOU'RE WEIRD!!

14. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Not so much. That's the only thing I know you for.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    And I know you for being weird!!! :icon_tease:

16. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I am beyond proud of Philip, but see i never doubted rivers charater or how he plays. Rivers showed something LT didnt guts, you do relize LT went i guess once on the field went off and never went back in. Which im glad he didn't but hello did you notice how he never took off his helmet thats a baby!( he sulked under that helmet) Rivers supported his team till the end. LT didn't once say good job or pat somebody on the back. That shows you how much LT is about himself. He only brings this team down. Rivers will take us to the promise land i have no doubt. We now have one of the most scarriest offenses in the league. We have Chambers, Vincent, Gates, and Davis. You do relize we were only 9 points away from winning the game and we were injuried that shows you something. Defense can only get better, Jamal is hurt you can tell something with him isnt there he needs to get back on tack. When Gates , Rivers and Jamal are all healthy we can tear apart any team infront of us . Don't doubt this team for one minute. You know AJ is going to make this team even better when the draft comes rolling around he has the magic touch. This board actually has helped me handle this lose. So thank-you all. I will be a faithful bolt talk poster i promise you all that. I can't wait till next season starts! I LOVE MY TEAM ( SAN DEIGO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!) Remeber the name! :yes:

17. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    LT may not be all we wanted him to be, but he is a major part of our team success. He is a community leader and from what I can tell, a stand up guy; LT is someone deserving of respect. I’m not sure how LT got out of favor with some of our fans. He shows his emotions in a different ways than many of us do/would. I don’t see how, or why, we would question his resolve without hearing the whole story. I still feel this team has and should continue to build around LT as the focal point of our offense.

With that said, I have enjoyed reading your comments this month WESTRIKESUNDAY, and look forward to reading and responding in the future.

18. WeStrikeSunday

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks , im glad people are enjoying my comments. I agree and disagree with you . And i also respect your opionion. Now my thing is LT was all world last year and now he can barely get 100 yards a game. Now i have respect for LT but he can not be sitting on the bench sulking when you have a team going through this to. He never blames himself for a loss its always the team didn't play well enough. LT seems like a great guy but on the field he isn't being himself ya know. LT goes down when he gets touched i mean you saw TURNER THE BURNER he was getting held by two or three guys and he still got the first down. And then the fask mask held and he still ran. I know you saw that. LT was being unsupported of the team he needs to step up thats all . If he changes his attitude then i will stop having doubts in him and come back to supporting him. HOLY CRAP did you see CHambers catching the ball he knows how to keep feet in he is a stud as well Vincent. LT i will pray that you will be your normal self next season.:tup:

19. Boo

Boo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I was very impressed by Rivers today. I did not think that he would be able to make it through the entire game, given his physical condition. He did- and he did so with a show of intestinal fortitude.

I think he took a big step forward this post-season. Same goes for Eli.

20. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i never doubted rivers moreso than being pissed off cuz of his inconsistency. ive said hes a good qb, but sometimes hes like a water faucet (skillwise), hes inconsistent (on and off like the faucet) but i think he figured it out, ive seen him do something for the first time ever i think, he ran with the ball out of the pocket and rather than throw on the move he stopped, got settled and threw and completed the pass. it was awesome! that little thing just gave me a HUGE confidence in having this guy at the helm of our offense.

21. WeStrikeSunday

Ratings:
    +6
    I totally agree he wasn't consistant, but he seemed to figure it out, i just love how he doesnt let anything phase him. Like an inerception doesn't make him be scared to throw the ball. And sacks don't mess him up, when Brees never knew how to connect with the players and always seemed to short lol. He seemed to let eveything mess him up. So i am beyond thankful for Rivers.