1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers not sharp in practice, stretches neck and shoulder

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    We all know something is not right with him so no surprise here.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    We should have traded two first rounders for Carson Palmer when we had the chance...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I know... Right?! I was thinking the same thing, and then got Geoff George to be the backup!

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Can't believe those Rapid Reports....... they're the ones that spread those lies about Dielman having a seizure. :rolleyes:

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,732
    It could be part of the problem in having a competitor like Philip Rivers as a QB, if the body parts aren't falling off he isn't coming out. Or another scenario could be that the front office knows he is injured, and isn't telling as long as he can still walk on and off the field. Again, this is total conjecture and just an opinion. For all we know, some or many parts of any story we have heard could be true, the only person that really seems to know what is wrong is Rivers. And Rivers isn't talking...

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is between the ears, I think he was pressing before hand and after that last disaster that cost the team the game, I don't think he's fully recovered from it

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    1 minute ago - by Dan McLellan - Rivers says he isn't injured
    QB Philip Rivers insists that he's physically fine despite leading the league in interceptions (11) and total turnovers (14). “There is nothing wrong other than some throws,” he said. “I haven’t played perfect, not even close to it.” Rivers then repeated with a deliberate southern drawl, “Nothing’s wrong.” Chargers RapidReports

11. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    This is not a good sign. First time I heard him doing bad in practice and I don't believe the he doesn't have he's WR's excuse. Last year was perfect rebuttal to that. There's something clearly wrong with Rivers this year be it mental/physical I don't know. Hopefully this team will help him out with it causes it clearly looks like he doesn't know how to help himself out.

12. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Oh come on give me a break. This is such bull crap.

13. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    everyone knows whats wrong with rivers. too much ******!

[​IMG]

Rocko! No foolin' around before gameday! Itll make ya weak in the knees you son of a bltch!

• Like Like x 2
  14. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Maybe his shoulder and neck are sour because he's gay and he is spending alot of time with balls other than the football. I bet that can make you sore. Poor PR. I bet he is really worried if he comes out it will ruin his life because of how he might be perceived by the religious community and fans. I would stand by him if he came out.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    [​IMG]

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    [​IMG]

17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Wow! There's like ONE degree of separation between any topic and a NORV4LIFE gay
    reference. Okay, we get it! You don't have to keep thrusting your point home.
    And most here don't think there's anything wrong with that...that's fine if that's who you are.

18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    No need to be dirty here.

19. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Oh my goodness I thought you were just full of Norv hate. This is.....too stupid for words. Ignore you go.

20. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I'm not hating on anyone with this. Just speculating as to why he might have suddenly become terrible. I'm not saying gay makes you suck at all, im just saying because of homnophobia someone who is considering coming out of the closet might start playing worse..

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    N4L... Be smart and shut the heck up.

22. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    i'm serious man. Its speculation but it has played out before. Kordell Stuart the former steelers qb experienced something similar. He did well for a bit but then started being a turnover machine and not playing like everyone knew he could. It turns out some former team mates have gone on the record and said it was because he was struggling with his sexuality and whether or not to come out.

Plaxico Burress did an interview with a Pittsburgh radio station recently, and the topic of Kordell Stewart came up. And if you're in Pittsburgh, and you're talking about Kordell Stewart, it's not going to be long before someone brings up the possibility that Kordell was into dudes. Here's what Plax had to say on the radio

Here's what Plax had to say on the radio, via PFT:
    “It had to be tough on him personally. I didn’t call him gay or anything like that. . . . I think that’s one of the reasons why he really couldn’t become the player that he wanted to be. . . . It has to play on you mentally a little bit.”​
    Plexx wrote about it in his book, . Again, via PFT:
    “People were talking about [Kordell] being gay,” Burress writes in Chapter 5. “The players heard that, but we never talked about it. I don’t know if Kordell is gay or not. It was none of our business. If ever we would have talked about it, it would have made everybody uncomfortable. If some player was gay, I don’t think he could come out while he was still playing. It would be real hard. It would mess a team up mentally and it wouldn’t be good for that person.”​

[...]​

“He had to watch the people that he hung around with. Just hanging out with your friends, or your boys and your cousins, all those things come to the surface. I think he just insulated himself after a while.”​

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    How come people hate on me for suggesting he's gay but Drunk gets away with it. That is clearly a picture of two men screwing around. BTW sc rewing men or women shouldn't have any negative effects in and of itself.

[​IMG]

26. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    people hate on you because your a dumb MFer. i dont know how people stand on the issues but you should have definetly been aborted.

27. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Enjoy the vacation, kid.

28. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

29. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,732
    Has the douche been flushed out?