1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers on EWTN tonight/replays AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AthensPhilipRiversFan, Sep 13, 2007.

1. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331
    Well, last week I watched this show because I hadda blonde moment and thought he was on last Thursday night.

Tonight, I watched and he was on as the guest of "Life On The Rock" and it was taped at Athens High football field and basketball gym. They had jerseys and football helmets and stuff as props. Things looked great.

Showed some great photos of the Rivers family as Philip was growing up and also some of Tiffany, the girls and Philip.

By the way...oh my goodness...Halle HAS grown up...she's defintely not 2 years old anymore. Halle, Caroline and Grace are adorable!!! Philip & Tiffany make beautiful babies! LOL! Also, the news was made public that there is another Little Rivers on the way and due in February.

I want to remind everyone who has access to the EWTN (Eternal Word Televison Network) that it will re-air at the following times:
    Thursday 12:00 a.m. CST
    Friday 12:00 p.m. CST
    Sunday 10:00 p.m. CST
    I know it is carried on Directv on channel 422.

For anyone "turned off" by talk of God or religion...this show isn't just about that or just about the Catholic faith. I am not Catholic. I am a Christian. (Not a good one mind you. I don't think I could even say I'm fit to tie a good Christian's shoelaces)

But, this show talks in very frank and honest details about three things Philip considers to be a huge part of his life and how and why he is the person that he is. Those three things mentioned are: Faith, Family and Football.

Yall all know whatta fan of Philip's that I am. I think the "kid" is the best thing since sliced bread and hot butter. I pretty much always have. I know he's always been a good person with strong ideals and faith. But I have to tell yall, I am defintely watching this again tonight at 12:00 a.m. and I will also order the DVD from the network.

Philip's openness and willingness to share his faith, his beliefs, his moral standards...it was really pretty dadgum amazing. And yes, I'm a bit biased cause he's always pretty much amazed me. I've said many times before, I can only HOPE to be as mature as Philip Rivers is one day and I'm 17 years older than he is!!!!

Philip interview was as real as it gets. I hope and I pray, and I say "pray" sincerely....that I get a chance one day to tell that young man what listening to that interview tonight meant to me. I could learn alot from "that kid" all the way from raising my now nearly grown girls to putting my priorities in my marriage and my life in the right place.

He's been golden from the start and he'll stay that way because his heart and his head are in the right place.

I really hope yall will watch it if you can. If nothing else, you'll get a better insight into your star quarterback for the Chargers...but if you're like me...you may find yourself walking away with a whole lot more to think about.

Teresa

2. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Hi Teresa,

how nice of you to share your feelings about Philip. THanks for
    your words .

3. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Thanks for the info Teresa ! I'm trying to figure out what channel ETWN is on Dishnetwork. :icon_huh:

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Great news about the new baby on the way!! :yes: :tup:

5. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    hiya!

Philip's a good guy. Aint a lot of em around anymore. Nice to hear good stuff every now and then.

6. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

I'm ordering the DVD and if u go to the EWTN.com site it has an easy order form there. It's episode 288 and it says Philip Rivers.

I'd really recommend it PRN1. This is something to keep.

7. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    :icon_banana: yep yep!

Philip said something about being 3 for 3 with the girls...so it'd be nice to have a little boy to put a football in his hands and stuff. It was really sweet and funny! He said something like "ohhh he'd be trouble!" He was talking about him and Tiffany and their hopes to have a bunch of kids. LOL! They are well on their way. I say GO FOR IT!! They have the love to give, the finances are not a problem, and they obviously enjoy little ones. I wish em all well and um...many more!! :icon_tease:

8. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
  9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Very good interview. Nice to see PR has found what works for him.

10. Centella Cajon

Centella Cajon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Someone should tell Rivers they have figured out what causes that,

11. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

lol he knows...he just dont care:tup: