1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers Ready to Win Super Bowl Bling

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    By SDBoltReport.com Staff

The Giants' Eli Manning has one. Ditto the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger. The Chargers' Philip Rivers? He's still waiting to be fitted for his Super Bowl bling-bling.

Of the four quarterbacks taken in the first round of the 2004 draft, Philip Rivers and the Bills' J.P. Losman are the only ones minus the ring. While Losman, who lost his job to Trent Edwards last year, seems a ways off from collecting one, Rivers doesn't feel likewise.

With all but two starters returning from a Chargers team that advanced to the AFC Championship Game, Rivers is confident his day will come. And it might even be this upcoming season, especially if he's able to rebound from off season knee surgery.

"Both those guys, as you said, have been there and won one," Rivers said of Manning and Roethlisberger. "I don't think it necessarily adds any pressure. You're measured, ultimately, when your career is over."

The Chargers are hopeful that day comes many, many years from now. They are confident the team is in the midst of a great window of opportunity, with Rivers figuring to improve with age and Pro Bowl running back LaDainian Tomlinson in the prime of his stellar career.

Rivers will always be linked with Manning. The two were part of a blockbuster trade on draft day after the Chargers drafted Manning --- against his wishes - with the No. 1 overall pick, then peddled him to the Giants.

"I think it's competitive fun; I don't know any other way to describe it," Rivers said about peeking at the other quarterbacks' accomplishments. "As individuals and competitors, you always watch the guys you stack up with and came out in the draft with."

Many have compared that 2004 draft with the one from 1983. In that draft, three Hall of Fame quarterbacks were produced in John Elway, Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.

While Elway went on to win two Super Bowls, Rivers correctly pointed out that Elway's first didn't come until his 15th season.

"I'm by no means comparing us to them; of Elway and that bunch," Rivers said. "You're obviously measured over the course of a career."

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Let's hope we don't have to wait until PR's 15th season!! :icon_eek:

3. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl: That's a funny Thread Title come on Rivers winning a Super Bowl....Rivers is the Sparkles biggest weakness If ya had a better QB The Sparkles would of been won a Super Bowl..It just blows my mind of the Faith you people have in this guy :no:

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    You know what's even funnier? Your fans man-love for Cutlet- you know the guy that has never won ANYTHING. :lol:

Thanks for showing up here at Bolttalk as it will be fun kicking your *** around all offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Please use this section for your smack talking. It will be much apprecaited

6. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok How many things that Rivers won...Your answer is nothing now lets pull the stats
    Jay Cutler:
    TDS
    INT
    YDS
    RTG

Philip Rivers:
    TDS
    INT
    YDS
    RTG
    If the broncos would of have L.T this pass season it would of been Super Bowl time and Orange Town...just face it Rivers stinks..Rivers has the best Running back in the game and he still can't win anything:tdown:

7. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not talking trash i'm just showing my Opinion about Rivers..I know the bolts are a good team they just don't have a good QB :icon_shrug:

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

gawd your smack is weak. How long before you get the training wheels off??

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Except four more playoff appearances
    Two more playoff wins
    and over all... a s**t load more regular season wins than Cutler!!!
    25-7 is pretty damn good!!! :yes: :bolt:

10. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

Well it's obvious who and what I'm dealing with here. The only stat that matters is WINS ******. Rivers is 25-7 in the regular season and he OWNS the Broncos. Add to that 2-2 in the postseason. How do Cutlet's stats match up? And I'll add to your superior football knowledge: what did LT do in the Colts and Pats playoff games last year?

Then again we could have thrown a bunch of money at Travis Henry right? :icon_rofl:

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Using your thoughts on this my opinion is that you are smack talking in the inappropriate section.

Again take it to the right section please.

It is right here: http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Statsl, schmats. Scoreboard. You guys have been losing, and will continue to lose. Again I'll quote Antonio in the Tempest,

"Whereof what’s past is prologue, what to come
    In yours and my discharge."

Right now you guys are a tempest in a teapot. We are looking FORWARD to this season. Looking forward to our guys staring into the back of Cutler's helmet with his nose in the dirt. Keep listening to "The Boss" sing "Glory Days". Cry in your beer and put another quarter in the Juke.

13. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    [​IMG]

4-0 against Denver :icon_rofl:

14. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you slow:icon_shrug: Its not Rivers that is 4-0 its the Team around him..Lets be real if L.T wasn't on your team will Rivers really be 4-0.He stinks and thats about it.I'm not going to say anything else about him because a MOD wants me to be quiet about my Opinion what kind of Forum is this anyway:icon_shrug:

15. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

Speaking of slow it's a Chargers forum fuctard. :lol:

Oh gawd please stick around and keep telling me how much Rivers sucks while Cutlet continues to grab his crotch in anger as our defense destroys his sorry ***. :icon_rofl:

16. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    MODS: Please don't close this thread or ban orangelame here; you gotta let us eat once in awhile otherwise we turn on each other. :lol: :yes:

:abq2::abq1:

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Sorry, just saw your post. That troll got a one day timeout. I'm pretty sure he'll be back.

18. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    It's all good and it's always fun to play kick the donkey. :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  19. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Looks like I've been missing some fun here!

• Like Like x 1
  20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    that's what you get for going to your job and school :icon_tease::icon_tease:

and Rivers leading the Chargers is 4-0 against the Broncos

21. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    At the end of this year the Chargers will be 6-0 against the Broncos.

I well say the same to KC and the Turds. That means we will have 6 wins between the AFC west foes.

The AFC West Crown will be ours again for 2008-09.

I just love the Chargers.

!!!!! GO CHARGERS GO!!!!!

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    SOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN' GLAD I'M A SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!!!

:bolt: :flag: :tup: :yes: :abq2: :abq1:

THIS SEASON'S GOING TO FREAKIN' ROCK!!!!

23. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    :yes::yes::yes:

25. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I seriously cannot wait until the season starts over again. Rivers will get his ring and this year will be the year.

I think the altitude got to this guy. Uuuuuhh :confused:....BOLTtalk.com

26. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

27. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    First of all, NOBODY asked your opinion and TWO, nobody CARES about your opinion. Please leave. You don't add one single thing to this forum. Go back to the Donkey forum! Oh, I guess nobody cares over there anymore is that why you're here? Damn cutblocking mother flockers....And Cutlet ain't winning nothing. Next John Elway my a$$!

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Rivers is outperforming Elway in his first two years. We did well in the championship considering the loss of Gates as an effective receiver and the absence of LT. Jamal Williams was gimped. So far he has punked you guys in YOUR house twice, and done it convincingly. You pull this stuff out of your sphincter. Go do your enema's elsewhere. It doesn't even match donkey poop as fertilizer.