1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers TD pass in 2005 Preseason vs. Green Bay

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Aug 2, 2006.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

Ironically, the recipient of that TD pass, Willie Quinnie, is now slated to be the #4 WR with the Packers.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Rivers to Parker on the deep post - 6 !!!

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Are you kidding me Willie Quinnie #4???????

More like:

#1 Donald Driver
    #2 Greg Jennings
    #3 Rod Gardner
    #4 Robert Ferguson
    #5 Mark Boerigter
    #6 Cory Rodgers

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Beautiful pass! Willie Quinne's agent called me to have him on the podcast last year, but he got cut right before the interview so he didn;t feel like talking to me.

5. mef31

mef31 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Is that a true story?? If so thatd be sweet if you could get some players to come on. Last night was a good show.:tup:

6. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    How about Kamri from the Bolt Cheerleaders squad. I really enjoyed seeing her on the "making the squad" show. :tup:

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That would be cool if more callers had webcams to turn on. It appeared that room could host like 10 webcams or so ???

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Yeah it's true. But it's tough getting interviews of current players. I've called the Chargers front office in the past to find out how to get access, but they never called back. Perhaps, we just need to find out who represents each player, and go through them. :icon_shrug:

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, call their agents. Those leeches are always looking to get publicity for their clients that doesn't involve a police blotter. :icon_mrgreen:

10. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I dont get what the big deal with that pass is :icon_shrug: I have seen better passes from Rivers :yes:

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Id be very shocked if Jennings beat out Ferguson. Id expect him to be their #2 WR unless he gets hurt. Hec, Gardner Probably beats him out.

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The significance was it was a 30+ yard TD pass over the middle, to a WR, in stride, on a frozen rope. :icon_wink:

Those are the types of passes we've been missing for a while.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Ferguson is crap :icon_shrug: Jennings will be the go-to guy in GB. I still have concerns about their secondary and their depth on offense. They are using new schemes all across the board and should be good enough defensively that if there's a -15 celsius game going on in december that's OU 28.5, you can feel good about the under.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    In all likeliness it'll be Driver and Ferguson just based on experience

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers | Schottenheimer praises Rivers
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:09:29 -0700

The Associated Press reports San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer praised QB Philip Rivers Wednesday, Aug. 2. Schottenheimer said, "He might be a little bit ahead. He understands this offense completely and he understands how the pieces fit together. He has had a very good camp." Rivers believes he is on pace and added, "I got a lot out of the last two years - it's probably something you can't measure. But I know that if I continue to get reps and practice and those preseason games are only going to help me get better."

16. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    :icon_shrug:
    Why let the Whitehurst era begin??? you giving up on Rivers already?:icon_shrug: :no:

17. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Whitehurst will never beat out Rivers

18. Buttmunch

Ratings:
    +108
    It was a joke after DB was traded and people felt like there was no controversy left. Why not start another one up?

No one takes me seriously so don't you start to do so now! :lol:

19. Buttmunch

Ratings:
    +108
    Oh yeah, well no one figured Michael Jackson would ever end up being a white man either.....so there! :icon_mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    ""I trust that he's going to be a special wideout, he's going to have a great career in the National Football League. Right now, he's showing it," veteran Donald Driver said.

The Packers' search to fill a glaring need and complement Driver at the receiver position could start and stop with Jennings the next five weeks.

While training camp is only three days old, Jennings has been up to the challenge in a crowded competition.

Head coach Mike McCarthy said Saturday that Jennings has as good of a shot as veterans Robert Ferguson, Rod Gardner and Marc Boerigter to emerge as the No. 2 receiver.

"

21. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Throwing Boerigters name in there tells me he has no shot and will be the#3 or#4 when all is said and done.

22. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Fine I'll let it go but I want reps if I'm right and I'll give you reps if you're right :icon_mrgreen:

23. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

You got it bro, but it cant be by injury, he has to beat them out. :icon_mrgreen:

24. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    haha Boerigter Ferguson and Gardner are all injury prone WRs :icon_rofl: