1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers treated like Roethisberger??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 11, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I dont understand why we didnt throw the ball more, i know Oakland was coming but Rivers is a "throwing" QB unlike Big Ben.

He looked dissapointed with the playcalling too, Marty needs to nut up and toss the ball!!!!

2. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I like how they did this., Why throw if you don;t have too. The D had the turds undercontrol all night. McCree is nasty :lol:

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I wanted Rivers to gain confidence, The Raider D was trash.

4. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    One of the MNF announcers agree with Marty that it was "the right thing to do."

All the peeps in the chat room were going bipolar.

Sad when we had the ball-run, run, pass, punt. :tdown:

Dang happy on defense-sack, sack, sack, pwnt.:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I could not say it any better than you Rexy not one word better.:tup: :yes:

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Obviously Big Ben didnt throw it around like rivers in college, but in college he was a beast throwing the ball.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yah, I need therapy thanks to Marty's gameplan.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I would have like to seen Rivers throw a few more passes. But I think the most important thing was for him to WIN HIS FIRST START. The passes he did throw were crisp and right on the money, but as has been stated before, why throw the rock if you don't have to? By the fourth quarter this game had almost digressed to a preseason game with second team offenses and defenses on the field. But I think Marty played this one just right.

9. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I would have liked to have seen him throw more in the second half, but we were dominating the line of scrimmage with the run at that point with a big lead.
    The first half oakland was in a nickle for most of the half so running the ball was the smart thing to do.
    The flow of the game didn't lead to Rivers tossing the ball all around the park. He seemed fine with it after the game. I'm sure his time will come. Probably next week if the Titans review this film and see 90% running. You know they will gameplan the running game, which should leave something open for Rivers in the passing game. And its at home, so maybe that's a better place to have a coming out party anyway.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I'm have been a big PR supporter from day one, just ask Trumpie. Sure I would have liked to see PR throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's with no INT's. It didn't happen and we still won the game in convincing fashion, I'm thankful we didn't have to throw the ball 35 times and be in a shootout.

I can believe all the Marty bashing after we win the game and a shutout to boot. Let's wait and see what happen in the next 7 games or so before we run our coach out of town. Who knows maybe Luft Shotty will take off.

11. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    It seems like some people wanted Marty to be coaching with regards to the "entertainment" factor. I have to agree that most of the second half was less than exciting, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Marty could give a rat's azz if we were entertained. :icon_rofl:

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    People are calling for Marty's head. Meanwhile, the Turds were completely outcoached by Marty and his staff. The first game of the year reveals alot about coaches. This is the game that they have 5 months to prepare for. Last year, it appeared as if we might have been outcoached in our opener by Parcells. This year, Marty, Cam, Wade and Co. just put together a beautiful gameplan from the get go.

Sure the game bogged down in the 3rd quarter. We were backed up in our own end, running on every play and the Turds' D knew it. But as soon as we managed to turn the field position around, we turned Rivers loose and he shined.

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    They didn't need to throw in the 3rd. They played for field position and the chargers won that battle like everything else last night. They don't need to have Rivers force a throw when they're backed up and the D is crushing the souls of the faiders. It was the right thing to do, and when we had an opportunity to take a shot, Rivers nailed it and capped it with a td. It was glorious.

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I don't care at this point and I would have been happy if we won 3-2. That pass to EP (please see sig :) ) was a thing of beauty. As soon as EP caught it I yelled "ballgame". :tup: :bolt:

We'll see more pass plays this week.

15. jermz9195

jermz9195 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, the passes he made were pretty damn good. That one to Parker was sweet. I loved the replay showing Sapp's reaction. I bet Rivers told him, "how you like them apples?? The win will give him a great boost in confidence.

16. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yep, it was badass. Even the little throws look tight and hit the recievers right in stride. But Sapp looked like a big fat male version of Danica Patrick when she was pouting. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I thought he was going to throw a fit.:lol: