1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers Vs Manning Vs Big Ben 2004 Draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Nov 11, 2009.

?

Rivers, Big Ben or Eli Manning?

1. Rivers

25 vote(s)
    96.2%
  2. Big Ben

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Eli Manning?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    What? Its not all about NORV. Im just saying that is probably why eli didn't want to come here...bc of AJ smith... His dad hates AJ smith.... and Eli is a pansy!!

I still think that I'd rather take rivers as 1 over the other two no matter what!!

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  3. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    If the giants had had rivers all this time, especially with 2 more seasons starting experience than he has now they probably would have won 2 or three NFC championships!!! Rivers is the clear choice here!

4. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    No offense to you, but this is pure speculation.

BTW--The current poll results indicate that we have too many homers voting. Rivers, a consensus pick over Roethlisberger? Are you kidding?

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Granted it's also speculation, but do you honestly believe Roethlisberger would have two rings right now as a Charger? Do you honestly believe Rivers wouldn't have a ring or two as a Steeler?

Talk about being a homer....by suggesting that Ben is a better QB despite his mediocre performances with the implication being that he has two rings to Philip's none you are suggesting the Chargers team over the same time period is on par with the Steelers teams and the only thing separating the two are the QBs.

6. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I didn't suggest that Roethlisberger is a better qb. In my opinion, the poll results clearly lack objectivity, reflecting a hometown bias in Rivers' favor. Put this survey on a national site and I assure you that you would not get a similar result.

Roethlisberger may have mediocre stats but he is money when he needs to be. He's hurt the Chargers alot more than the Manning brothers.

BTW--I'm not a Steeler homer--I've been a Charger fan since 1978. I can't say it's been fun. Anyone who says it has been is a masochist.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    not manning

i will never EVER vote for anyone who played for Ole Miss.

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    You didn't outright say it, but when you say " Rivers, a consensus pick over Roethlisberger? Are you kidding?" It's implied by the tone of the questions whether that was your intent or not.

The poll results are just numbers. There's no objectivity about numbers in a polle. Try reading posts for the objectivity. That's where you'll find some people's reasoning.

Of course the result would be different, but how many of those voting on a national level would vote for Roethlisberger, or even Eli over Rivers because of their rings and Rivers' lack of one? And tha's a poor reason to make your selection IMO.

Is he really money when he needs to be?

He was last year, but not so much in 2005 when the Steelers won despite Ben and his Super Bowl record for lowest QB rating by any QB for a winning team.

I wasn't calling you a Steelers homer, I was putting a different spin on the subject to suggest that you're a Chargers homer if you take Ben over Rivers due to Ben's ring count.

I don't necessarily believe that, but I was attempting to make a point through rhetoric.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    [​IMG]

10. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    I'd take Little Ben, because he seems to have a horseshoe up his ***.

He falls off a motorcycle without a helmet on and walks away virtually unharmed.

He can assault strange women at golf tournaments without retribution.

He has Super Bowl rings even though he's just not that good.....

A horseshoe I tell you.....or maybe four....still attached to the horse.....right up his backside.:yes:

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    That's an interesting way to look at it. :lol:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

The top part is right but this has nothing to do with what the QB may or may not have to deal with.

Nobody wants to be wasted talent and that's were AJ is driving Rivers career to right now. No point denying it.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    So, since you already know the future of the San Diego Chargers and that it's going to be a failure why are you still here rooting for them?

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    As long as they're the "San Diego Chargers," they'll be my team. No need for that question.

But if all we'll have to show for the Rivers, LT, Jackson, etc. era is a handful of playoff wins... I'll be pi$$ed. Seems like I'm one of the few in here.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I'll be pissed as well.

I'm just not pretending like that's already the case, which makes one of us.

16. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Two.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    "one of us" was referring to between me and B4L.

I'm sure B4L is in the minority if we poll the entire forum.

18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Whoah man... its been heading that way... Its not like anyone wants it to continue.... that's why we're both pissed!

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    But if you listen to B4L you'd swear his career was already wasted and everything was already in the record books.

I wasn't accusing him of wanting that, I was accusing him of already determining it to be the case when none of us can tell the future.

It may seem like it's headed that way to some of us but that doesn't necessarily mean it actually is.

That's why they play the games and that's why we still cheer them. If it's already set in stone that they'll fail no matter what there's no point in cheering for a different outcome since it's inevitable.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It is headed that way but it can be changed. It's not too late... YET!!

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    This season is not set in stone yet, either.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    And I hope for this... one or the other (in this order).
    1. Super Bowl victory
    2. Norv and AJ fired

Playoff wins don't mean a thing, unless they lead to a Super Bowl win.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I'm obviously on the same page with 1.

While I don't want to look at it as a black or white situation, I'm for the most part on the same page with you on the first part of 2.

Regarding AJ Smith, I'm taking the same approach with him that I've had with Kevin Towers the past year and a half.

I'm not going to actively call for him to be fired, but I wouldn't complain as much as I would have two years ago if he is fired. (This, of course, being under the presumption they don't win the Super Bowl.)

24. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    Bingo!! :tup:

Best freaking deal like, ever!!

25. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl:

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851

If the first happens, no way in hell the second one happens.

27. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    It would be pretty awsome if 1 and 2 happened this year though!

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If 1 happened 2 would get us laughed at by any sports fan and media outlet and by anyone who even has a mild interest in sports and make us the dumbest organization in the history of sports. I mean, you'd have to be a dumb organization if you find a way to get laughed at for firing Norv Turner.

It'd be like a company turning a 200% profit on the fiscal year and responding by firing their CEO.

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Hell. Even B4L, the pundit of all I-Hate-Norv campaigns, says he'd get off the Fire Norv train if 1 happened.

30. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I don't know. I think everyone would applaud and think it was a miracle that we could do it with norv. It would be more of a miracle than parting the red sea. Let us prey though... Let us prey!