1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers: What's with the delay of game???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Sep 24, 2009.

1. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Just before the half... How do you not get your guys up to the line and have a play called at the 10 inch line after an officials review of a play? I mean didn't they have a play called while the zebra was inside the booth reviewing the play?

Does anyone else think that Rivers f 'ed up on that one, I mean come on--- with no timeouts left, it's a no brainer be up at the line and ready.... horsecrap on Rivers part if you asked me. That BS cost us four points... ohhh that would have allowed us to kick a FG atr the end of the game to W-I-N it rather than call a draw play that Ray Lewis sniffed out before we broke the huddle.

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Dose Rivers call the play's????? do you have inside info that we don't??? Please elaborate, Rivers calls his own play's but he is slow at it right????

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I posted this in another thread, but I think it's more @ home here:

About the offense and the delay penalties: I've been saying it now for a couple years, we are getting too cutesy with the offense. Just run the goddamn play. Get it in, get to the line, snap the ****ing ball. Stop with all the multiple shifting and motion and **** until you can learn to NOT GET FLAGGED FOR TAKING YOUR SWEET ****ING TIME! ****!!!

4. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    He's got the little green blob on his helmet so he's getting the call from the sidelines... WTF... does he need to wait for Norv to tell him "now Phillip get our boys up to the line so we don't get another delay of game call?" The key word there is another... How often do we need to get flagged before we fix this problem? I remember the ref calling delay of game on #17... no one else. Taking a penalty on the ten inch line is just plain STUPID. So you don't blame Rivers.. .who you gonna blame or should we just accept it?

Hell I don't care if you want to blame Norv or Rivers or the chick in the upper deck who took her shirt off... if we can't be ready to snap the ball and run a play after an 30 second official's play review--- than something major is F'ed up in Chargertown. That delay cost us five yards and four points.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    She's calling the play's..... give me some of that.

6. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I think having a Center who's never started a game plays into it... Def. need to get that right..

• Like Like x 1
  7. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    No. Norv was late in getting the play call in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    As frustrating as it was Rivers is not our problem.

He's our only hope.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It's been going on for the last three years really. It costs us timeouts, and multiple penalties. I'm not in the huddle though so I have no clue as to why it takes them so long to get to the line of scrimmage. But I do know that there is no excuse for it to happen, especially when you're at home.

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I think the problem is they thought the play clock would restart, but it didn't. Which imo is a BS rule, what happens if they called the review with 1 second left on the play clock? Then you're left 1 second to get a play off.

Although the delay of play penalties are a pain in the ***. Maybe the relay system (Norv to Whitehurst to Rivers) is taking too much time?

Anyways another play that hurt was Naanee dancing before the 1st down marker when if he just ran forward we would of had a fresh 4 downs at the end of the game.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    [​IMG]

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    It seemed to me that the plays were coming in too slow when I was at the Ravens game.

13. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Help us Rivers...you're our only hope

14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Mind you, I don't like Peyton Manning all too much, but that's only cuz of his brother, however, there is no arguing that the man is one hell of a quarterback. I want to see Rivers do more of what Peyton does, audible into something especially in the red zone. He's the on field coach, if he's told to run something that he knows won't work, he should audible into something better. Something like oh, idk, NOT up the middle on 4th and 2. Yes it worked earlier, but not in the red zone, throw it up to one of our receivers, we have height advantage man!

15. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It had to do with the play clock not being reset when the officials called timeout to review if VJ had broken the plane of the endzone.

The end result was that the Chargers had about 10 seconds less time to snap the ball than they thought they did.

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Oh ****! If B4L read anything except what's about him, he'd be all over this. :lol:

Seriously, though - plays were slow getting into PR.

That was an excuse for one of the delay calls. And, according to the rules, the refs were right.

I thought that Chud being brought in would really help with this sort of thing, but so far I haven't seen any advantage. :no:

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_eek: