1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers Won’t Talk...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 25, 2009.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    ...About San Diego’s Super Bowl Chances

From PFT

• Like Like x 1
  2. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I Absolutely Love This Guy....And I Agree with Him 100%...

Just Let Your Game Do The Talkin Phil...

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Totally agree. Let our game do the talking. No hype, expectations. Let's just play Charger Football the way I know this team can and stay healthy. I think good things are going to happen all the way to February 2010.....

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    FINALLY a player has said it. Good on Rivers. I think his attitude on this is the right one. :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    All I needed to see was PFT.... :lol:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Good Article!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :icon_huh:

PFT gets things wrong sometimes when they try and post rumors or break news (although they're right on the money sometimes too).

What I don't get is the generic anti PFT post about an article that comments about an upcoming Philip Rivers interview. They are not breaking any questionable news or passing off rumor as fact here. Did you bother to read the article at all, or was "From PFT" all you looked at before your post?

• Like Like x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Rivers aint no passing Brees, he's one tough S O B. he just want's to win and y'all are now just learning what the dude is all about. I tried telling ya, at least Trumpy listened and understood.:icon_tease::abq2:

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Does it make a difference?

Yes I read it, but I still have zero respect for PFT. Take it or leave it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Makes no difference at all.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Fans forget what really happened back in the day. Most will never admit they were wrong when we were right about the "Chosen One".

Anyone who followed Philip's career (I did not know crap about the dude) sensed or knew Rivers would be something special.

Remember all the heat the Wolfpackers got? :lol: You were guilty because you lived in the Carolinas and it did not matter you were from San Diego. Fans/posters were too busy labeling you. Oh well. They can all eat crap.

Rivers is doing what we thought he would be doing and that is setting records and inching us closer in getting over the top.

12. allendas

allendas Bolts 2013!!!

Ratings:
    +6
    I think all the nea sayers are starting to warm up on Rivers.Now that they see that ****ler really was the cry baby that no one could see. They truly are (Rivers & ****ler) going in different directions.:flag:

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979

Is that when you proclaimed him all that, or you wanted him benched? :icon_huh: :icon_rofl:

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Oh hell yeah I remember those day's. Anyone even remotly backing River's was a target. It didn't matter how many int's Brees threw it was alway's someone elses fault. Remember the one in Denver to open the second half. Straight into Chump's breadbasket.

Glad that is all behind us.

15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    would that have made him the best QB to be benched?

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah I guess it would. Trumpy anointed him the chosen one, then chose him to ride the pine... :lol: :icon_tease:

17. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

I believe that you didn't know anything about Philip Rivers' college career.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_eek:

TK with a glove to Trumpy's left cheek....

:lol:

19. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    the "chosen one" has arrived... :yes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

1. San Diego Chargers
    Who: QB Philip Rivers; RBs LaDanian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles

Add/subtract: When you have the NFL's top-rated passer and two backs combining for 1,440 rush yards, 81 receptions and 18 TDs, you don't need to add much. The Chargers went big on power, drafting two offensive linemen and two defensive linemen with their first four picks. Of course, getting Shawne Merriman back may be the biggest "add" of all.

Questionable: How much longer can L.T. continue being L.T.? And will Rivers' maturity finally match his talent? Maybe more to the point, if Merriman and that defense start setting up this backfield on short fields, how good can this team be?

The thought: Rivers and the Bolts got a delicious taste of what it feels like when it all comes together. And L.T., one of the great tailbacks in NFL history, has at least one year left, and his understudy would start for more than a few clubs.

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    And when he did that over on Chargers.com a few years ago, he left there and I was the one who caught hell because I was only one of a few who wanted Rivers at QB. I am here to tell you, besides a great war in what color jersey to wear, backing Rivers was not easy. Those PM's were not nice.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I was banned not once but twice over at SOSD over all that crap. All I said on draft day was, "We now have a championship QB" and all hell broke loose.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    As long as we are all pulling for the same team. And after 40 Years all I want is a Lombardi.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It was that easy? Man we had some classic broohahas over there! :abq1:

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Oh I know. I gave Hexed and others pure H E double hockey sticks over it. I did not know River's college stats. Didnt care.

What I saw was a kid throwing the balls into the ground in camp and choking in Preseason. I was scared as hell about him tking over.

This is one case where I am happy to be wrong. Rivers is a better QB than Brees. And I still like the moled one (unless we play them...:icon_twisted:)

25. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I've always been a true believer in Rivers, from the first time I saw him at NC State. Some have accused me of homerism for hyping Rivers, but my love of the Chargers had nothing to do with it. Even before Rivers was a Bolt, I was hyping this guy. He's got all the intangibles. He's got better arm strength than he gets credit for, amazing accuracy and a quick release. He is the best QB ever to put on a Chargers uniform, and he will have at least one ring and a bust in Canton when his career is over. Bank it.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I watch tape on the players and do not watch college games during the season.

I don't think I labeled Rivers the "Chosen One" until I saw him live throwing with Brees - Flutie and Lemon in camp.

Rivers first 4 preseason passes iced it for me. I was SOLD. There was no turning back in what I suspected and that was this dude was going to set records and push Brees out the door.

The rest was all dogpile bullshit from the posters which is the norm on a forum. I took a stand early and it pissed alot of posters off --- like I care. F-them. I am not here for them or to make friends.....

I am here to see the hardware.

The rest are just boils on the butt of this festering rock. :bolt:

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    River's isn't better he's just different. Brees is a gunslinger and can do it, this I would not have believed prior to 2004. PR is just methodical and will slice and dice.

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Rivers IS better. :yes:

Brees is a dick and a LIAR and sues his momma "Mina Brees for Judge" because she used her sons name in her campaign to get elected as a judge or some ****.

I should have slapped his grand dad in Dallas when I had the chance. :lol:

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Grampa Brees would have kicked your azz all over the place! :icon_tease:

30. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    River's is better at what he does and the game he play's. I was only talking on field, whatever Brees did to his mom he has to live with. What a jerk if what you say is true.