1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers wrist problem? (total guess/question)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Sep 12, 2006.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Any word about this in the local media today or last night? I saw the trainer rubbing something on his wrist a couple of times in the sideline shots last night. Once it looked like they were spraying it with something. We have a cold spray that we use on the sidelines at HS games for injures that aren't too serious but could use ice if there was time.

I think the game dictated he didn't throw much, but IF his wrist is hurting that also is another factor. If he played every snap of that game it also couldn't be too bad. With a rookie as his backup, I'm probably overly interested. :)

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I saw him talking to Olivea and you could tell he told him that he was fine. He probably caught a helmet and bruised it. It's Igor's injury that has me concerned.

3. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    That would match up with what I saw.

Whats the latest on Igor?

4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    There really isn't much. Chargers.com said that he hurt his knee on the first series and his status for next week in unknown.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    my boy just tweaked his knee a bit and because it was such as *** whooping no need to possibly injure him more
    TN will get hte Ukranian Power unleashed

6. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Swiped this from another board:

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    not good, Cesair is cool and all, but not half the player Igor is.

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    They may also activate Derreck Robinson for the Tennessee game to go in Igor's place if he can't play or provide DL depth.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    From Jay Posner of the UT:

Olshansky said he believed he would be fine, and Schottenheimer said the team's medical staff agreed the injury did not appear serious. “I felt a little pinch,” Olshansky said. “I don't have an expert opinion, but I feel OK. I didn't feel anything bad. I'm moving around, walking.”

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    might be too early to think the sky is falling on this one
    give it til thursday or so

11. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Yeah a lot of times knees seem worse at the initial time than they turn out to be...give it a few days and see where he stands. The schedule has been a break for us so far this year.