1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Just want to get some input on what you all think,

Since last year its a little unfair to say, due to the O-line being so shot. But, Rivers IMO just hasn't looked the same. Some say he's on the decline, some say its the O-line forcing him to dink and dunk or choose poor, inaccurate throws, some even say he's bought into Norvs system and is laid back with no "It" anymore, What ever it may be, to me it is a cause for concern. As far as our window, it's already been closed, no matter how you look at it the AFC West continues to get better and tougher. 7-9 just wont cut it any more.

Now I know some of you will just respond with some smart @$$ remark but I'd like to hear what you all think.

I want to believe its because the O-line, 30 for a QB is still too young to regress but I dont know

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    2o INT's last season. INT thrown in his last 5 games.

We all agree that something was wrong with him last season. I was thinking it was an injury but after seeing him this pre-season, I am not so sure. Some of the INT's may have been due to the o-line but the majority that he threw was not due to pass rush pressure.

I am sticking to my 9-7 or 8-8 prediction.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Smart @$$ remark.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Ha Ha!

I am waiting for the people that come in and say we are chicken littles. These are the same arse clowns that believed the media hype and thought this was a 13 or 14 win team the last two seasons.

5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    He IS injured. Mentally.

His physical mistakes stem from mental miscues.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Whoa Whoa Whoa, stop the clock. Is this Rivers or Kaeding that we are talking about? :roflmao:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    They go to the same shrink. Coincidence?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Looking at the pre season it seems to me Rivers has lost the ability to thread the ball into tight situations, last year year I thought it was an injury but now I'm thinking mental.

9. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    When your mental game has tanked, the physical can't be far behind.

Rivers has been betrayed too many times by an O-line that's been inconsistent at best, and incompetent at worst; and while he'd never admit it, I think he's scared. If football were a horizontal game, he'd have won it single-handedly last season.....he spent more time on his fanny than in the pocket. During the preseason I saw a few glimmers of hope, but it's touch-and-go with all the injuries and Rivers' own performance anxiety.

Heh.....I'd like to hook him up with my shrink. The guy is a veteran of both A$$crackistan and Iraq, and plays sports on top of a full-time psychiatry practice. He'd straighten Philip's :poop: out in no time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I fail to comprehend how a 4600 yard passing season is a bad thing? When you are constantly working out of the hole with no real threat of a great running game and a defense with more holes in it than the Titanic, you want to blame the QB?

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    C'mon man - Norv gets blamed for AJ's BS all the time. There's no surprise here.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    For all the hate real or imagined towards Norv and AJ, remember this. All the kings horses and all the kings men, could never put Humpty back together again. I just hope AJ has gotten over his "Cute" stage and back to "Business as usual" state of mind.

13. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    How well would we function if we were raising six kids?:sleep: