1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdrocks, Jan 14, 2007.

1. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I thought Rivers played well enough to win. I just noticed one thing about Rivers and would love to seem him improve on this for next season. He needs to learn when to tuck the ball and run. I must have seen at least 4 plays tonight where he had a wide open running lane but he keeps looking for a pass and throws an incompletion. I'm pretty sure all of those plays would have gotten at least 5 yards if he ran with it.

Besides that I thought he proved himself to be a solid playoff performer.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We're lucky to have him.

3. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    And he was the one that was supposed to be the questions mark, yet he was one of the few who came ready to play. IMO - LT, Neil, Rivers, and McNeill were the only ones who showed up today.

4. BoltED619

BoltED619 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Rivers did a good job today. He has exceeded everyone's expectations throughout the season, including, the very short-lived postseason. He played within the confines of the gameplan, and most importantly, gave the Chargers a chance to win/tie the game. Relative to the game, compare his stats w/ the Pats signal-caller, who played better? Many factors contributed to the loss, however, Philip was the lowest man on the totem pole in this aspect. Oh and one more thing, this was his 3rd season, his first as a starter.

5. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Rivers will be a very good QB for yrs...

6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Rivers was the least of our problems today. Hell, if his receivers weren't dropping everything in sight we probably would've gone into the hlaf up 24-10 or 28-10. He made some terrific throws today. I thought he played better than Brady overall.

Parker butt-puckered today. Right when the offense was just starting to move and might've gotten some rhythm he dropped a pass.

Vincent Jackson dropped a third-down reception that would have extended a drive deep in Pats territory.

VJ failed to drag his feet to stay in-bounds on what would've been a sweet TD reception.

There were a couple other missed opportunities in the passing game that I can't remember off-hand, but I know this; PR's receivers let him down in a big way today. The o-line was solid (with the exception of Olivea's idiotic penalty.) LT, Turner, and Neal were awesome. Rivers was poised. Gates was ok. Everyone else was a screw-up waiting to happen.

7. CHARGERSrock

CHARGERSrock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    all i have to say is that i`m glad that we have rivers and i thin k he's going to be a very soid QB for us. If he can do all of this his first real season, wow. :tup:

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    For his 1st playoff game, I thought that the kid played with the poise of a veteran. His last drive was impressive getting us into FG range with no timeouts.

His receivers really failed him today, especially when he made that perfect throw to VJ, only to have him not drag his feet.

9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Word...

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Rivers played well enough minus one or two events and the future looks bright for the chosen one.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Scary to think what he could do with some real recievers.

12. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I 100% agree!!