1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

RMANCIL CRYSTAL BALL Bolts 2006 Season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RMANCIL, Aug 22, 2006.

1. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    A big key for the Bolts is getting the first two games of the season in the win column. That will give them the momentum for the next two contest. It is very possible for the Bolts to beat the Ravens on the road however they will face a very tough challenge when the return from the east coast when the Steelers come to S.D.

If the Bolts split those two games that would set them up at 3-1 for the next two road games SF, KC now both of those games at this time look to be very winnable games.

The Chargers could be looking at 5-1 or 4-2 after week 6 when they catch two home games in a row. The Rams and the Browns figure to be underdogs in S.D. and are teams the Bolts must beat if they have hopes for the playoffs.

The next two contest will be extremely challenging in the Bengals and the Broncos. Now as a fan I hope that we can at least split but for the sake of this crystal ball I am going to show them both as losses , that puts us at 7-3 or 6-4 with the Raiders and the Bills next up. We own the Raiders and we should beat the Bills on the road although they may be a lot more difficult than a lot of folks believe.

That sets us up for the Broncos and the Chiefs at home in a situation that is critical . The Bolts must hold serve at home and frankly if we lose either of these games are team won't be a real factor in the playoffs even if we were to make them.

I think the Bolts will win both setting us up at 11-3 or 10-4 pretty sweet going to Seattle on the road and finishing with the Cards at home ,with a split we close out 12-4 or 11-5 and we should be in the playoffs with a great chance at having at least one game at home.

I think Rivers will be up for the task and I like our defense a lot. I think the key is LOT and McNeil. He must stay healthy and continue to improve that and we must stay healthy at QB our back ups won't cut it.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Another season with our fingers crossed nobody gets hurt on the O-line and then that is not saying much considering the caliber of our starting O-line talent.

We need to win the games we are suppose to win and dominate the Murph. Our home record last year was hideous.

If we lose any game the way we did against the Eagles or the Dolphins or the Cowboys (Home Opener) - we are screwed. This teams needs to dominate from the gun to the fat biitch singing.

3. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    So whats up no one else has the balls to make any predictions? :no:

Bunch of wankers.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    We beat the Raiders twice, beat KC twice, split Denver.

We go 13-3, losing to Denver, Seattle, and Cincinnati.

We win the AFC Conference.

We smash Carolina in the Super Bowl, with McCree, Jammer, and Cromartie each picking off Volek.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Volek is going to be with Carolina by season's end?

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Crap. I was looking at a Titans clip when I wrote that. :lol:

I meant Delhomme. :icon_mrgreen:

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    What's the Federline, yo?

8. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Dam I was impressed with the trade and all.:lol:

9. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Wait, I gotta consult Montreal's head:

[​IMG]

I see, I see...an ugly aquamarine head.

10. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Me too!

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Jambi loves you too. He's all knowing so he doesn't need to ask why you saved his avatar to your personal photobucket :yes: Now make a wish and say mekalekahimekahineyho

12. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    AFC West:
    We sweep KC and Oaktown
    We split with Denver (Winning @ home)

The Rest:
    We beat Tennessee, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Fran, St. Louis, Cleveland, and Buffalo
    We lose to Cincinnati, Arizona, and Seattle (The latter two because we are resting startes for the playoffs)

Start the season 8-0
    Lose 2 in a row to 8-2
    Win 4 straight to 12-2
    Lose 2 in a row to 12-4

We win the AFC west and get a bye first week.

We beat Denver and Cinci in the playoffs.

We defeat the Chicago Bears in the big game, 20-17.

13. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    :icon_banana: meliketalekhishineyho:icon_banana:

Do I get my wish?

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    You can't wish for Thumper to remove MTL's trophies sorry :icon_tease:

15. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    OhwhyanotaJambiho?:icon_evil:

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Because PeeWee will beat Jambi to a bloody pulp if you do :icon_shrug: Ask the rabbit to give you your rabbit hunter trophy back... he gave Carrie back hers. If he says no you should send him thousands of annoying PMs until he does :icon_rofl:

17. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +852
    11-5 is my prediction for the Bolts this year. But I don't care if they finish 10-6 or even 9-7, as long as they get a playoff berth.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  19. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I dont get your God's plan for the O-Line. Really, I dont get what he is thinking. I sure do hope Gates and LT learnt how to block this off-season.

TOP 5 D.

McCardell will struggle this year. Gates nos will be a bit down as VaJina:lol: takes some of his TDs away.

IMO, LT is got to have a season as good as last year but better consistency.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,882
    Can I make wishes beyond charger football?

22. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Your impotence has been cured. NEXT.

:icon_party:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah but he still has a little dick. :lol:

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    [​IMG]

25. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Some folks just have a natural passion for their work. :icon_eek:

26. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    Sep 11 @Oakland 10:15pm This game is a W I don't care what Booman says...1-0

Sep 17 Tennessee 4:15pm Our defensive Line will make life miserable for Volek or Young, Whoever the decide to play...2-0

Week 3 BYE I hate a BYE this early, would rather be after the halfway point of the season but oh well...2-0

Oct 1 @Baltimore 1:00pm Tough call after the BYE this could be a let down or a scorcher, I will say that Rivers has caught his stride by now and LT will be more than warmed up...3-0

Oct 8 Pittsburgh 8:15pm Our defense steps up and stops the steelers running game, revenge for that sorry loss last year...4-0

Oct 15 @San Francisco 4:15pm Alex Smith sneaks up on us and Sammy Davis exacts his revenge...4-1

Oct 22 @Kansas City 1:00pm LJ better than LT? No way...5-1

Oct 29 St. Louis 4:05pm we should stomp these guys...6-1

Nov 5 Cleveland 4:15pm Rivers has his biggest game of the year...7-1
    Nov 12 @Cincinnati 1:00pm Carson Palmer teaches Cromartie a few tricks...7-2

Nov 19 @Denver 4:15pm Too cold at mile high...7-3

Nov 26 Oakland 4:05pm Do I really need to say anything?...8-3

Dec 3 @Buffalo 1:00pm Magahee has a good game, Tomlinson has a better onebut Kaeding misses a chance to put a close one away...8-4

Dec 10 Denver 4:15pm No bronco sweep this year...9-4

Dec 17 Kansas City 4:05pm LJ has hit the wall...10-4

Dec 24 @Seattle 4:15pm Seahawks give us our only real whipping of the year...10-5

Dec 31 Arizona 4:15pm The cardinals are stacked with talent, but have no answers for Rivers, LT, Gates or Merriman...11-5

27. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    My prediction is that we go 7-1 at home and 5-3 on the road and finish 12-4. That will be good enough to win the division because the Donks have a bit tougher schedule.

I also predict this will be LT's signature season. I'll go out on a limb and say he breaks the single-season record for total yards from scrimmage and breaks his own Chargers records for rushing yards and touchdowns.

Our defense finishes ranked in the top-10, thanks in large measure to an improvement in pass-defense out of the bottom third of the league. Antonio Cromartie makes a push for DROY, but gets beat out by a linebacker from some other team, creating much postseason gnashing of teeth by Charger fans. ;)

28. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    We lose to Buffalo and SF? That's rich. Thanks, haven't had a laugh that good in a while.

As for our record, I say 17-0. We win all our games and the bye.

29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good perspective, I think...who's the home loss gonna be to??:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: