1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Road Kill Report

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shamrock, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Two days. Twelve hundred miles. San Antonio to W. Texas, up to the Panhandle and back to the Alamo.

1 - Coyote

1 - Skunk

2 - Rabbits

Numerous mice.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_eek: :icon_sad: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :no:

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Remind Thumper to never ride with you......

:lol:

4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I heard when you run over a armadillo it makes a poping sound is that true :icon_shrug: :lol:

5. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't know. I can't hear over the engine and road whine to notice.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Turn your freakin hearin aid up!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes: :icon_tease:

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Is this all tire tread kill or do you actually have to clean the front of your truck off?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Poor wittle animals. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  11. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    San Antonio to Dallas. Dallas to Joplin/Carthage, MO ... and back to San Antonio, TX.

I didn't hit a damn thing .... 'cept a ton of bugs on the windshield.

12. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    San Antonio to Liberal, KS to Los Angeles, to Portland, OR to damn near the Canucklehead border in N. Central WA, to San Antonio ..... 10 days - 5000+ miles. Lots of fricking snow, and lots of "near-misses" in the animal report.

I saw a bear in Washington. I was telling a friend about it, and he said Grizzlies can be chocolate colored, which is what he looked like. I didn't get a good enough look at him, as it was dark, snowing, and I was more concerned about not hitting him. So, I looked around the net, and decided to report it anyway.

US Grizzly article

[​IMG]

US Grizzly range

The "range" of the North Cascades grizzly bear population extends to where I saw that bear.

[​IMG]

That's what he looked like, to the best of my recollection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night driving SE of Lubbock, TX - between Slaton and Post, TX, I saw a BIG cat cross right in front of me. I damn near hit it, missing it by less than a couple feet. At first, the size made me think it was a large coyote, as it was about the size of some of the bigger coyotes I've seen.

Then, I realized it had no tail, and I focused on the face. It was feline (cat), not canine. The truck behind me saw it too, and he said he was sure it was a bobcat, saying they get large in the "Big Country" area between Abilene and Lubbock.

Bobcat didn't make sense to me. It wasn't spotted or striped, but solid colored, similar to Mountain Lions. It's facial features also more closely resembled a Mtn Lion, but the body was more stocky like the bobcat. The lack of tail threw me too.

Link that might mean it was a bobcat.

It was an interesting trip for animal sightings. Saw a **** Ringneck Pheasant, and splattered 3-4 quail (thud, thud, thud - off the air deflector over the cab). The bear, and deer of every variety (whitetail, blacktail, mule).

Oh .... almost got me a coyote too, up in Colorado two nights ago.

13. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    On Highway 78 in Stone Mountain, Georgia last wednesday There was a deer in the median by the Jersey wall that had been hit. It had a pretty big set of antlers on it...

On my way home on Thursday I noticed that the deer was still there...but the antlers were gone!

Some 'ol boy is bragging to his friends about the eight pointer that he shot last week!:lol:

14. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

That happens a lot. I've seen many deer road kill with missing heads.