1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Road trip to Oakland - September 28

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rbascherini, Jun 15, 2008.

1. rbascherini

rbascherini BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all, I am new to this forum and I have come here for one reason, to create change! I was referred to this site by Boltdiehard and Camilo, as they are friends of mine and two of the biggest Chargers fans I know. What I am asking is to have a large group of San Diego fans come to the Oakland Coliseum on September 28 to support the Chargers with an invite from Raiders fans. Now I understand that most of you are wondering what the hell I am talking about, so I’ll do my best to explain myself.

My name is Robert and I work on the sales team for the Oakland Raiders. Through my job I was introduced to a man who goes by the name Barbarian. He is one of our passionate fans that dresses in costume for every game; rain or shine, win or lose (and we all know the loss column is much larger than the win column).

Barbarian has come up with an idea to create a social networking site where fans from all teams can come together. The goal is to meet fans of your team as well as fans of other teams so that you can travel together and have people to meet up with on the road. Naturally we thought the best place to start the process would be with the Chargers, because of the rivalry and the storied past between the two groups of fans.

When I brought this idea to Boltdiehard and Camilo they thought that Bolttalk.com would be a good place to start. I can assure you that both the Oakland Raiders organization and the majority of our fans are against the negativity and violence. Unfortunately, as we all know, it only takes a few to ruin it for the rest.

Barbarian, Gorilla Rilla, Raider Jerry, Defender of the Nation, General Raider and others want to extend an invitation to all of you to the game on the 28th. They want to tailgate together prior to the game and walk in with those that decide to come. They pledge to stand up for you in the face of the fans that are there only to create problems. They want to promote peace and more importantly lead by example. Again, we all feel that the home game against San Diego would be the best place to start.

Barbarian's networking site is through Myspace. Before you make a snap judgment, I encourage you to take a look or even ask him questions if you are a member of Myspace. You can find it at the following link, http://www.myspace.com/nflsuperfans. We want to be on the forefront of change and we believe that it can be done. It can't be done without the help of Chargers fans that are willing.

If you have any questions you can call me at my office, 800-724-3377 x3254. I will be checking the response to this as frequently as possible and I look forward to seeing what you all think.

Thank you,

Robert Bascherini

2. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    this smell of another raider set up :unsure:
    then again it just might be oakland that iam smelling
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

hows that saying go
    "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer":icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Robert, in concept it's a great idea. The ugliness runs so rampant at the coliseum though, it would seem impossible to make the overall experience even remotely tolerable to a visiting fan, even WITH a little policing. I'm actually considering attending this game with a friend from this forum. He's been there and cheered for the Bolts but did so in restrained enthusiasm. It shouldn't have to be that way. I wish you luck on that monumental project.

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Robert I talked to Camilo last night and he's hoping that this happens. For anybody reading this it's not a set-up or anything like that. If some of the local SD fans came up I might do this. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Good luck but I'm not going.
    I know there are some good Raider fans out there that are passionate football fans and aren't into that gangsta mentality crap but all in all, it doesn't sound like a good time.

I love going on Road trips.
    Denver was great. Awesome city and stadium with surprisingly well mannered fans. I'll deffinetly do it again!!
    Jacksonville... same thing.
    San Francisco... Awesome city and great fans. Though the stadium is lousy, I'd still go again.
    I planning on hitting Miami or Tampa this season.

Oakland... No. At one point I thought it would be fun to go take over their stadium like they used to do to ours but then I thought about it and came to this conclusion...
    I'm not spending my money to go to a **** hole stadium, in a high crime area, loaded with pure scum of the earth. No offense towards you, Barbarian, and any other football fans who follow the Raiders but lets face it... the Coliseum doesn't have it's nationally known violent reputation for no reason.
    Yes, nationally. When you guys hosted the Ravens in the AFC Championship in 2000, fans in Baltimore didn't want to go because it just isn't worth it. It's not just the violence either. It's a matter of spending money for a lousy experience.

BOTTOM LINE... It's obvious that you're hurting for attendance. I LIKE IT THAT WAY!!! You're NOT getting my money!!! :icon_finger:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    You're way off on this one Allen. :tdown:

7. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Thanks for the reviews on the road trips that you DID take. I am a little surprised that the Donkey fans were well mannered :icon_huh: I had to laugh at your bottom line...you show no mercy, none at all :lol:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'll talk to the wife and see if she wants to make this trip. Will also let my Raider fan buddies know about the gathering. They'll probably be at the game anyways, so it shouldn't be too difficult getting them to attend the function.

My father in law is not renewing his season tix, as he has now relocated to Chico.

I actually like this whole idea. :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I was very surprised. The fans over there were NOTHING like the ones that come to our games.
    There was only one fan that got a bit nasty but the rest were asking if I was from San Diego and if I was enjoying my stay in Denver. Were even encouraging that I visit again.
    Sure I got an occasional "Boo" and "Chargers Suck" but you kind of want that.

As for the bottom quote... The Raiders are now suffering and decaying in the **it they created.

10. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Cool and let me know Nick. :bolt:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No I'm not. Though I can understand that you and Camilo would like to be able to attend that game without all the hostility and can respect that but I'm right on target.

It's no secret that the Raiders have been hurting for attendance even when they are winning. Now that they suck, their local attendance is down and they can't get visiting team fans in attendance.

They need my support but they ain't getting it!!!
    They created the filth they are rolling around in!!!
    I say "let them rot and decay in their own feces!!!" :yes: :yes: :yes:

12. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

I know and the black helicopters with the big, bad Raiders fans will be landing soon. :lol:

Jezuz this isn't a ploy for attendance dude. :no:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If I lived in the area, I'd be right there with you and Camilo. Because it would be a chance to see my team without making the trip down south. Besides, it would be cool partying you guys again.

Was this you're idea?

14. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Boltdiehard, Camilo, Robert, Barbarian, Gorilla Rilla, Raider Jerry, Defender of the Nation, and General Raider…Bravo!

Count me in. Gridreaper, you’re in whether you want to or not!

Robert (Raiders sales guy) I’ll call when I have more time.

Cheers!

15. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    :icon_shrug: 3 yrs ago, when we went to the 9ers roadie, you advised against taking in a Turd game... have ya changed your mind???

16. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This sounds like it might work and be a good time- we'll see. If there's enough people I think it would be pretty fun. Am I going to go over there just with Camilo? No I'm good but if it's a big party I think it would be a good time.

17. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    This sounds pretty interesting to attend, I would consider it... Keep me posted with the info... Maybe we can get some sort of carpool going. Count me in for +2, possible +3

18. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Dont be such a Puss :icon_toast::icon_banana: We're going!

19. Kinghooker

Kinghooker BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    No way. Last year roadie in Oaktown was enough for me. San Fran nightlife was the best part of the trip. We already have quite a few Bolt fans heading to Denver for the game 9/14. Come on up. We'll spoil their season opener!

• Like Like x 1
  20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Your fear is so transparent. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Ahhhh. At one time going to a Chargers/Raiders game here was bad. Real bad.

I remember having at least 10 Retards on each side of my jeep following me around and calling me every name in the book. I just kept my mouth shut and delt with if because I didn't want them kicking my jeep.

Hell, I even participated in a brawl. There were like 12 Retards an four Chargers fans. Lucky me, it was right where my jeep was parked. Three guys charged me, two of them threw a punch and missed. I just started throwing punches randomly and aimlessly. They took off.

Neither incodent stopped me from going again (when we sucked.)
    I've delt with the **it before and at 6'4, 220#... I can stand my own ground.

You're not smart enough to figure this out, so I will explain...
    I hope Raiders reach the point like the Cardinals back in the days at "Sun Devil" but only, it would be worse. At least they got visiting team fans. I hope Raiders reach the point of giving tickets away.

That's another reason I would never buy a Raiders flag or jersey and burn it in the parking lot at Qualcomm. You have to buy it before you burn it, so you supported the Raiders.

They need our support and you're supporting them!!!
    The Raiders and their fans thank you very much!!! :yes:

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Puss nothing.
    Lets go to Tampa... better team, awesome city, great stadium, prime timer and all the things that Oakland and the Raiders ain't.
    Miami... The area alone is worth the trip!!!

23. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I'm hoping to make that one in February 1st, 2009.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    To tell you the truth... I'd rather be here drinking up, going insane in Gaslamp, and not sleeping till the end of the parade.

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Your feelings are noted. So why don't back out of the thread and stop spamming it.

Some of us might consider it.

If you want to talk ****, then go jump in the smack section and have yourself a little party.

• Like Like x 1
  26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Spamming nothing. Look through the rest of the thread and you will see that I am answering posts directed towards me. So point your finger in other directions.

I don't believe that I am/was stopping anyone who might consider it?

27. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: