1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Roaf to Stay Retired.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Sep 15, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    From PFW:

Roaf to stay retired

Chiefs OLT Willie Roaf isn’t returning to football, ending what could be a Hall of Fame career. Said Roaf, according to The Associated Press: "I often took my body for granted and played without thinking about tomorrow. I played hard and played only as if I was in the NFL for a couple of seasons. And 14 years later, I stand beside you and realize I will no longer play football." He also added, "I now accept the fact that I will not play football again, I am sorry I did not address this earlier, but my main focus has been coming to grips with that fact."

2. anger management

anger management Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    He's probably tired of Herman Edwards blowing up his Blackberry. Had to finally make it official, followed by an indiscrete restraining order.

:bolt:

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Watching Edwards' press conferences is pure torture. :yawn: :blink:

4. anger management

Ratings:
    +6
    Completely agree. He's always touted as a "great motivator"... I don't see it. His schtick gets annoying after about 4 seconds.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    great motivator doesn't mean great speaker

Roaf comign back would ave been the only saving grace for the chiefs. they didn't and htrey are soooooo toast especially with green now out for a while

6. anger management

Ratings:
    +6
    He's touted as this great motivator because of his "You play to win the games" speech. His team turned it around shortly after that, but the last two years rumblings out of New Jersey were that they were getting annoyed with his "way". I can totally understand that.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    Again that's the way that alot of motivators are; really good or they drive their players crazy. But again giving great speeches isn't hte same as being able to handle questions from the precess in a good way.

8. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I really respected Roaf as a player. He had a good run in the NFL, this also doesn't help KC any either-hopefully.

9. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I am glad to hear he is hanging them up. I dislike the Chiefs even more than the Raiders, so seeing them take a step backwards makes me happy.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Why do you hate the Chiefs more ?

Did you go through the Coryell era ?

11. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    kc GEEZERS

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    I don't understand that at all. Chiefs fans are pretty knowledgable and classy. And the organization does not stand for all that is evil in this world, like the Turds.:tdown:

13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,880
    i concur

I really hate the raiders
    I hate the donkies
    I don't have a major problem with KC

• Like Like x 1
  14. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    You guys need to go to some games at Arrowhead with me. Your opinion might change.

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    I've been to Arrowhead and came away extremely impressed. The fans support the hell out of their team. And when we beat their azzes, I had Queef fans shaking my hand, patting me on the back and saying, "the better team won today." Not alot to be angry about.

16. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

Musta been a rare game...what 2004? Or earlier? I've had the same experiences at times. I've also had threats made while walking through the parking lot, etc. Every group of fans has its gems. kc is no different. That and the weather sucks ***.

17. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    I sat through a bad rain storm, but that's not the fans' fault. I was there in '94, when we came back to beat them 14-13. I'm sure they are far more annoying when we lose.

There are azzhole KC fans. But a much smaller % of KC fans are azzholes compared to the Turds and the no good lousy cheating Donks.

18. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I'd say its a tie.

19. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    My KC dislike goes back many years... maybe 15. It seemed every time we finally got a head of steam during those dark seasons, KC came up and clobbered us in the mouth. I remember vividly being on the flight line at an air show in Riverside County, listening to 690 as the Chargers played the Chiefs in KC (Humphries/Means era). We were on like a 3 game winning streak and had already dispatched the Raiders and the Broncos. As I recall we were even giving 3 or so points. They bludgeoned us... badly. Losing in KC is always a brutal experience, but they humiliated us that day. I had taken the Charger bait, as I have done many times over the years, and thought we were playoff bound. I remember literally seething as I heard Hacksaw tell of the chants of "Overrated" and "Same old Chargers!". I know it sounds kinda silly, but I never forgave them for that, and I'm not sure I ever will.

20. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Ironically, the time when I really hated the Chiefs more than anyone was when Marty was their coach.

But to me the Chiefs are a distant third on the hate-o-meter. The Raiders will always have the #1 spot reserved, but right now they suck so bad that the Donks have pried their way into the lead. I can't stand Denver...

21. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Same with me:

Raturds :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :tdown:
    Donks :icon_evil: :tdown:
    KC :tdown: