1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodney defends LT

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Showmeyourbolt, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Link

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    So basically it's all AJ/Dean's fault. Got it.

Why does this totally not surprise me coming from a guy those 2 cut?

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Dear Rodney
    STFU.

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Rodney should talk to Marty about that, cause thats alll himmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  5. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Dear Rodney:
    Where do you get your HGH from? I need to turn back the hands of time and try and belong in the NFL.

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    They just asked Rodney on the NFL channel who is the best player ever to not play in the Superbowl... he said LT...

7. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Why should Rodney STFU he is entitled to his opinion especially since he played for the Chargers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Thats what I was thinking, maybe Rodney can show LT the needle of payback if he's released.

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    this might be what its all about. LT for whatever reason doesn't want to get surgery. And is running the risk of not being healthy enough to play in the future.

This was taken from a news clip.

Therefore, making the right decision about this groin injury was very important to me, so I have spent the last couple of days on the east coast meeting with doctors. After getting numerous opinions from well respected doctors, I will not be getting surgery. I plan on using the off season to rehab and strengthen what's left of my adductors so that I am ready to play football next season.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Hmmm...hearing Rodney talk about LT like this sounds kind of familiar.

Didn't Rodney have a similar goin injury? And, didn't he decide to do his own thing instead of having surgery? :icon_huh:

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We need the younger version of a Rodney Harrison in our defensive back field.

As for his comments he sure sounds bitter even after getting a ring. :icon_shrug:

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yep.

Every player is going to side with LT. Hell... my heart wants to be on his side in this one, but I know better.

Seeing Junior get shuffled out taught me a valuable lesson.

13. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Sides? Why do there have to be sides? Why does AJ make these things come down to this crap rather than keep them in house?

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    IMO, LT actually drew the line first. He told us there would be sides in this process.

Saying he has "no control" over the situation is BS and he knows it. At some point, he'll have a choice to make. Therefore... he'll have some say in the decision as to whether he stays or goes.

Also, as has been mentioned elsewhere... LT is the one who first brought up the issue during the season. His little pity party (as Kwak called it) where he talked about his career outlook took place during a press conference when the team appeared to be dead and buried for the season.

Now... that may have been the start of taking this out of the house. His statement on his website certainly didn't help either.

15. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Rodney really does not have a lot of credibility as far as I'm concerned.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    All AJ is doing is the job he gets paid for, he's not suppose to be best friends with the player's. Tough decisions have to be made concerning personnel and he can't be thinking with his heart.

Deano has come out and already said he will keep LT informed of anything that is going on. Deno can and most likely is close to the player's and that's a good thing. He also pays several folks to make football decisions and he either takes their advise or veto's it.

I have yet to see a ture Bolt fan say they dislike LT, I have seen some who disagree with LT"s actions the last two seasons (including me) but none that truly hate on LT.

Lt is feeding the sensationalism fire that is burning out of control right now. I go back to the 07 season where I said LT needs to STFU and play. I remember getting well lit up for that and now here it is, bigger than life. It's not like we haven't seen this before. If I recall correctly one Dan Fout's, threaten to sit out a season or possibly retire if he didn't get what he wanted.

Sorry for the rant.

17. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    LT needs to cut the crap.

Rodney, as much as I love him, needs to mind his own business.

The Chargers need to keep their business under wraps and control their players/employees a bit better.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Rodney can say what he feels. He doesn't owe the Chargers a phucking thing. We haven't had a safety fit to hold his jock since he was sent packing.

Bitter or not, he'd still be the best safety on this team.

AJ & Co. better start lightening up a wee bit. Sure, business is business, but that doesn't mean that you have to be an ******* ALL of the time. Business includes compromise as well as taking a stance.

What's going on with LT is a sad side of the NFL. Should LT take a lower profile? Maybe - but I believe he's earned his right to speak his mind. More so than AJ, IMO. A little respect from both sides could go a long way.

Phuck it. Nobody seems to have much control over this team or what is said any more. Maybe a change of scenery WOULD help.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Exactly.

LT disclosing the nature of his injuries during the playoffs didn't help his cause much and the Chargers were pissed. I still don't understand why LT did that. :unsure:

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You know why. He did it because he needed to be seen as a "warrior"... battling through injury... playing injured... etc.

I think his agent (Condon) probably leaked it first to get this scenario. Dude knows how to rile AJ up. Look what his other high profile client (Marty) did to get the public against AJ.

21. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Well said and coming from a fan of the most tight-lipped, under wraps organization in all of pro sports. Very little seeps out in New England and it truly is better that way.

22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Condon and his team did their job, they protected their client. Simple as that.

23. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    He did. Norv personally told Tomlinson the trade rumors were ridiculous on the 14th of Jan(LT mentioned it in a Jim Trotter article), then he posts the stuff on his web site on the 21st, but forgetting to mention what his HC told him.

24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Yep.

Just STFU. Been a continuing issue with the chargers. This goes back to Merriman running his mouth during our 1st round playoff bye dissing NE by picking against them on a TV interview prior to the game.

We all know how that one snowballed into a complete disaster loss at home to NE, with a media nightmare following the logo stomp and the LT comments. The chargers image, and especially LT's, has been downhill since that day.

25. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    HARRISON CALLS CHARGERS’ HANDLING OF L.T. “DISAPPOINTING”
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 24, 2009, 10:52 p.m.

Former Chargers safety Rodney Harrison, who spent nearly a decade with the team before leaving via free agency, has addressed the current situation involving the franchise and veteran running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

“It’s very disappointing, and it’s very disheartening for me to see LaDainian even have to go through questions about if he’s going to be a Charger,” Harrison told NFL Network. “I think the organization should have come out and addressed the issue. If there are any rumors coming around, it’s up to your head coach, it’s up to your general manager, vice president and owner to address the issue.”

But they did address the issue. They hemmed and they hawed and they said that they’ll make a decision in due course and that Tomlinson will be the first to know when they do.

And thus their conduct has only fueled the rumors.

“LaDainian is obviously a Hall of Famer,” Harrison said. “Why should he have to question if he’s going to be on the team or not? Or if he’s going to be traded? Do you honestly think you are going to be a better team without LaDainian Tomlinson? It’s just crazy to even think. It’s disappointing.”

But here’s the problem. With a $6.725 million base salary and a body that is beginning to break down and a birth certificate that indicates a looming 30th birthday, the Chargers need to ask whether the time has come to move on.

The challenge for teams in this area of free agency and the salary cap (at least for one more year) is to decide to part ways before it’s too late.

And it’s not the first time the Chargers have done it.

“I’m the same guy that was cut after being there for nine years,” Harrison said. “I’m the same guy that saw Junior Seau get cut. I’m the same guy seeing LaDainian Tomlinson go through the same thing. So does it surprise me? No. Am I disappointed? Very, because he shouldn’t have to go through it.”

We understand Harrison’s perspective, but it doesn’t reflect the reality of the modern NFL. Players don’t get paid based on what they’ve done in past years. Even the “What have you done for me lately?” cliche is passe.

The real test is what are you doing for me right now, and what can I expect you to do tomorrow?

Running backs are more vulnerable to this dynamic than players at any other position. Teams can find third-round rookies who’ll make far less money and who’ll move the chains with sufficient blocking.

Dollar for dollar, any team would take Steve Slaton or Matt Forte over LaDainian Tomlinson for 2009.

For players like L.T. and Rodney Harrison, it’s naturally disappointing. For the teams, it’s simply good business.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

26. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +273
    The Last two years (under Norv) LT has gone from "quiet as a mouse" to "the mouse that roared". Seems that LT does in fact need to STFU and play football something he doesn't seem to be able to do in the month of January.

I read the article morning... LT should read the article and put his money where his mouth is... restructure the contract and take a pay cut. Anything else is just Bull$hit coming out of LTs mouth. If the dude wants to stay than redo the contract. If he plays it right he will the be imortal icon to SD just like Tony Gwynn is.

If he continues the course and follows his "agents advice" he probably will get the door out of town. LT just redo your deal and STFU! If you can stay healthy than collect a bonus- but I'm tired of losing playoff games with your understudy in there and you pouting on the pine bench.

Otherwise- you listen to Condon and you'll turn into a disgruntled Rodney Harrison who feels the urge to keep yapping his HGH powered mouth to ESPN and SI.com.

• Like Like x 1
  27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    One last "F>U>C>K YOU" to Rodney on this topic.

(OK to close thread now) :yes:

28. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Just more sour grapes.

29. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Rotney ought to worry about Rotney and leave LT out.

30. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Hmmm...dissing African american speak!