1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodney Harrison calls Titans the dirtiest team in the league

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...calls-titans-the-dirtiest-team-in-the-league/

Rodney Harrison knows all about being named the NFL's dirtiest player. And he doesn't agree that Hines Ward deserves to "win" the honor.

Speaking on the Dan Patrick Show, he called Ward "an offensive Rodney Harrison." (That may not help Ward's case to most listeners.) "He plays the game the way it needs to be played," Harrison said.

Harrison listened to the list of names on the list and said one stuck out.

"Kevin Mawae is dirty. He's a dirty dude."

Harrison went on to say the Titans, as a team, are the dirtiest in the league. Harrison still isn't happy about with the Titans because of a play on New Year's Eve in 2006 when receiver Bobby Wade took out Harrison's knees, injuring him for New England's playoff run. Harrison says the Titans sideline was laughing, and even coach Jeff Fisher had a smile on his face.

Harrison said he didn't consider himself a dirty player because he never intended to hurt anyone and he never went at a player's knees. Of course, he did like to go at a player's mouth.

Asked if that was allowed, Harrison said: "The rules say I'm not . . . but I mean I have to do what I have to do to separate him and the football. That's all part of football."

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    The Titans are the dirtiest team in the NFL... :icon_evil:

3. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    And it starts at the top... Jeff Fisher...:icon_evil:

4. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
  5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If you call purposely using cheap shots to take out players dirty. The titans are one of the worst.

Chargers have to make it known that if the titans resort to setting up our players for injury we will take out their star players. And maybe a coach or two. Just have to set up a play with fisher on the sidelines and have a couple of our guys plow into him on a sweep or such.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The good old Charlie Weiss treatment.

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd love to see the Bolt's have a mean streak, I mean it ain't tiddly winks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Interesting that this came from Rodney Harrison .. Some would consider him a dirty player. Especially those peeps in St Louis.

9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Those peeps in St Louis owe Rodney a thank you card for their Lombardi.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Runyan :tup:

And start the Siler/Dobbins duo over Cooper/Burnett. Then you'll see some slobber-knockin'. :icon_twisted:

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I love a few shot's here and there, I don't know why folk's get so twisted over it. Ain't nothing like a great street brawl, not to mention a national *** kicking.

The Bolt's will roll in this game, not a feeling, not destiny, just some good old fashion football. San Diego has the opportunity to put the NFL on notice, the new bully is in town. Impose their will on the Titan's and they will fold like a card house.

No brag, just fact.

12. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Man the user comments after the article on the link are hilarious!

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I think the Bolts need to make it a statement that they aren't missing Christmas Eve & Christmas at home for nothing and come out and totally dominate for a Christmas present to themselves. :yes:

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I don't mind some rough play but putting a proverbial hit on a player like Fisher apparently did is over the line IMO

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You can say that about user comments on just about any article on the internet.

For some reason the comments section of articles (as well as youtube videos) do not attract the brightest people on the internet.

If you ever get frustrated with the way someone's responding to you on a message board such as this one just read through the comments section of a few articles and/or youtube videos and you'll feel better.

16. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    That is when it's especially important to take some shot's. If I were Dean, I'd get AJ and Norv and have a team meeting. Don't start no trash but end it. Watch your teammates back and protect one another. I don't care what you do if they start and no one will be penalized in house.

You may not like that, so, whatever floats your boat is fine with me. I would never send my guy's out to be sacrificial lamb's for the sake of being nice guy's.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I can agree with this.

18. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Always amazing how Rodney Harrison leaves out the fact that he tried to decapitate Travis Henry two plays before the physically intimidating 5'9" 180lb Bobby Wade ended his season, LOL!

The Titans MO is simple folks. Don't start anything with them, and you don't have anything to worry about. Fisher's background playing and working for John Robinson, Mike Ditka, Buddy Ryan, and Chuck Knox will basically tell you what kind of team he's going to have. Physical, tough, rough, ground oriented teams.

But, like any tough team, if they think somebody is taking liberties on their QB or a skill position guy, there is going to be heck to pay.

Rodney is the last person that should ***** about something like this. He forgets that he cheap-shotted Trent Green and totally altered that guy's career.

19. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Do you mean like when Vince Young ran into Shawn Merriman? :icon_rofl: Did you forget thats what happened?

To continue w/ your selective memory.........Rodney was blocked into Trent Green. :yes: Trents career was altered from hitting his head on the ground too many times.

20. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Don't defend Rodney LV...his rep is league-wide and was for a long period. This is like Bobby Brown calling Robert Downey Jr. a crackhead....hypocrisy to the 100th percentile.

And Trent missed out on a Super Bowl season in STL because of that play, which in 2009's NFL would be a suspendible offense.

And you must have meant the "think" part of my earlier post.

Sorry, I don't condone dirty play, but I like the fact that there is no doubt that our guys have our QB's back if things go down.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

x1,000,000

:tup:

22. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    So, Its not "dirty" when the Titans take out Merriman's knee because Vince ran into Shawne? They were just watching his back? :icon_huh: That's :icon_rofl:

Were talking about 1 play of Rodney's, not his reputation. So you agree that Rodney was blocked into Trent? Yes, because of the Tom Brady rule, Rodney may have been penalized or even suspended.

23. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Can we just have some proper officiating for ONCE?

The officials are hardly calling jack squat. And I dont mean every rinky-dink call they can make.

I would like the PLAYERS to be the most important people on the field.

Not the officials making or not-making calls.

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't care if the Titan's are a dirty team, heck I kind of like it. We beat y'all twice without having to revert to cheating with illegal hit's. If it comes down to cheapshot's I'll take the Bolt's on that one also, we beat y'all fair a square and I'm sure we can beat Y'all at cheating also.

I'd rather see a good old fashion lay it on the line football game. I believe you are out classed and out maned, hands down and no question in mind. Does that mean you can't win? by no means am I saying that, I just don't see that happening.

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Thats the key to this game. The officals have to get on the titans ash early to let them know they can't cheap shot chargers players. Otherwise I say its time to take out titans coaches as well as titans players if the officals won't keep the game civil.

26. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Buck! Did you find that bus, yet? :icon_tease:

27. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Jesus,

Kris Dielman and Shaun Phillips paid into the league that week as well. You sound like someone arguing if the Democrats or the Republicans are better, while they are both robbing us blind. I was there, everybody was cheapshotting everyone. It was like one of those old WWF Royal Rumble cage matches.

Fair enough on how you look at the teams. A lot of people feel that way. You all have a fine football team. But make no mistake, this isn't the plodding, offensively anemic Tennessee team you played twice in 2007. This team is light years better offensively. There was no CJ28, no Kenny Britt, and VY09 might as well be another human being. And somehow, twice, that one-dimensional team gave you all that the Bolts wanted. Now, the flip side is that this Titans team's defense is not near as good w/o Haynesworth, and is now undermanned without Bulluck.

But, this San Diego team isn't near as good on the ground or on defense as the 2007 bunch was either, due to injuries, age, and FA losses. Philip and VJ are playing at a Pro Bowl level now, and Gates is Gates. That's your bread and butter now.

Not to pick a scab, but you guys shouldn't have won the first game in 2007, because even Chris Chambers admits he caught a one hopper on 4th and 10, but that is water under the bridge. People forget that little tidbit conveniently about that game.

Who got screwed that day?

28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    **** the Titans.

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You gotta love the NFL.

titanfan24 is probably the most respected and fair opposing team's fan we have frequenting here, but the second our teams are set to face eachother we're at eachother's throats. :lol:

30. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Haha,

Leo, you know I don't really get that excited one way or another. Football is a great game and a great distraction from the real world.

But that first game in 2007 certainly was memorable, if nothing else. There was a lot of emotion and ugly feelings all the way around after that day.

• Like Like x 1