1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Roger Goodell: NFL would expand to 34

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltWalt, Aug 29, 2012.

1. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Yeah, lets further dilute the talent pool so we can have two more Bills or Jags type franchises!!!

Wooo Hooo!!! :abq1:

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    No teams want to move (except maybe the Jag's and Khan is stuck for a few more years). Seams logical to add 2 teams a la the jets/giants to LA. The LA Knights and the LA Dragons can share a medieval styled downtown stadium with the knights in white/blue/silver and the dragons in black/red/white. Knights move into the NFC West replacing the ST. Louis Rams who move to the NFC South. Dragons move into the AFC West replacing the KC Chiefs who move into the AFC South. And yes I know its hard to break up rivalries, but better to get the teams into the right timezones.

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Screw L.A. It'd not like the NFL has suffered by not having any teams there.

5. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    I doubt the NFL would put two expansion franchises into Los Angeles. LA has twice already proven that it can not support two teams at once. I would bet that if the league expands to 34 teams one of new franchises will be in London. Of course by only putting one team in LA it will still remain as a viable threat to all other small market franchises to move there which the owners can use to squeeze cities for new stadiums and better deals in existing stadiums .

6. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Stupid Idea Roger!:mad:

7. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Goodell said both teams would play in LA to defer the costs of the stadium to 2 teams instead of one.

8. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    He said nothing of the sort, go back and reread the article that idea is attributed to speculation:
    The speculation likely comes from LA where the cost of a new stadium would be more easily borne bv two tenants than by one. I'm certain that the interests in LA believe they are deserving of two franchises, when in my opinion they are deserving of none.

9. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    I take that back LA deserves the Rams back in town. Georgia Frontiere moved the Rams to St Louis so she could be something more than a rich old bag who married well and inherited a bundle like so many other rich old women in LA. I don't believe Carroll Rosenbloom ever intended for the Rams to be removed from Los Angeles.

10. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Wasnt pointing at that article specifically. Here is an article based on the memo sent to all 32 teams describing how they will move back into the LA market:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-sends-memo-teams-regarding-184204441--nfl.html

Says in the article:

“Consistent with our long-standing view, we have made it clear that any stadium seeking investment support from the 32 member clubs should preserve a viable option of being able to host two teams at appropriate times and on appropriate terms,” Goodell wrote.

Sure looks like 2 teams in 1 venue to me. Maybe you should read it before jumping on someones back just for having fun with the situation.

Do I think LA deserves a team? No one "Deserves" a team. Show me a solid business plan and put a **** ton of energy and fun into it, then we'll talk. I don't want my Chargers there. LA fans are terrible. Too much to do in that town, so they come late, leave early, don't follow edict (i.e. quiet on offense, loud on defense), and generally try to "thug" everything up. So I would rather new teams fill the hole instead of transplanting an existing team.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Stupid is as stupid does

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I thought the Rams and Raiders left LA because they could not get a new stadium built

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I don't think it's so much an idea as it is a response to the growing demand (not by fans) to have a team in LA coupled with the resistance of nobody wanting to move/wanting their team to move.

If you start with the premise that their somehow must be a team in LA and you can't get a team to move that's the only logical solution. (Again, discounting the more sensible solution of just not putting a team in LA, since the premise was there must be one there)

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    IMO.........

The NFL wants a team in LA so that LA can get into hosting Super Bowls.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I still think the Raiders are the best candidate for moving to LA - if Jags or STL don't want to move, I could definitely see an expansion being placed there and the other in London. Since for whatever reason the Commish seems to think a London team would be a great idea :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    Thanks for posting that link, this was new to me, also sorry about being mistaken about the sorce of your information, I was going by the information I had presented.

17. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    No problem man, its all good. Were of the same mind. Chargers need to stay here, and LA fans suck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I think it's madness to go to 34 teams. If the league intends to expand, then they need to go to 36. 6 6-team divisions will get you the best scheduling matrix, allow for 1 team to make the POs from each division (and 3 WCs), allowing the NFL to maintain a similar playoff format (which has been extremely successful), and likely giving the NFL an opportunity to get into not only the LA market with 2 teams, but the San Antonio market (Huge) with 1, and maybe getting the league its first Canadian team or a team in Vegas.

Going to a prime number of teams in each conference is just going to result in uneven divisions and scheduling nightmares.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I will never root for any team that calls LA home, and I am glad the Clippers moved up there.

20. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Just wait until Shad Kahn gets his full season of "earnings" from owning the Jags. He will move to LA.

[​IMG]

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I only care about one team, the rest can go to hell!

• Like Like x 1
  22. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    As long as they don't go to LA;)

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I wouldn't like it if they went to LA but they are the first and only team I grew up with so I couldn't just stop being a Bolt fan.

• Agree Agree x 1