1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rolling Along

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Dec 9, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Jun 29, 2009
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

By Hank Bauer

I just loved the win Sunday night. The game had a slow pace to it at times and I know a lot of people said that it was boring and whatnot, but I absolutely loved this team's approach in the win over Oakland. The Raiders came to compete. They have some prideful athletes and some very good athletes. It was a complete special teams win. Mike Scifres, Nate Kaeding and for the most part all of the coverage units put together the most complete special teams game in a long time.

You know you're a good team when guys come off the bench and make good plays. That's the thing about really good teams. Week to week, you never know who is going to make the big plays in a game. That's really one of the fun things about being a player and a coach. You have this collection of really good players, not all of them get to play, but some Sundays it's one of your stars, others it's a backup. To watch what Clinton Hart did with a forced fumble and interception return and then see DeQuincy Scott with a pair of sacks and Matt Wilhelm makes some big plays. That's fun.

Defensively the Chargers controlled the line of scrimmage and pressured the quarterback. They avoided the big plays the other way, which was the biggest thing. Offensively, it was a complete team effort. All in all it was great. I can't say enough Cam Cameron, Wade Phillips and their assistants. They're doing such a great job game planning week to week. It's fun to watch these guys work.</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2463" target="_blank"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>