1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Rivera coming back in 09?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    Was listening to Darren Smith's interview with Coop today (interview was wednesday). Darren Smith asks Coop 'what do you think of Ron Rivera saying he is definitely coming back to SD in 09?'.

Link = http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/3483.mp3

Coop goes silent and obviously had not heard this. Darren then says the Chargers released this info tuesday.

I've been looking for it since. Anyone see/hear this?. I'm surprised at this news especially when you hear teams are interested in talking to him as soon as he is done with the Postseason.

:icon_shrug:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    I'll worry about 09 when "08" is over, which it isn't.

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    exactly:tup:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    being the optimist i am i'm going to assume that Rivera has his players focused entirely on the steelers and isn't discussing any off season plans with htem anyway

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think Darren, being the dope he is, got confused. The Chargers reported that Rivera was not interested in considering other job offers UNTIL the Bolts season was over. He did not say he was not interested in other jobs PERIOD. I'll bet money that Darren just screwed it up.

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Yea that's what I thought as well, but hopefully he ends up being right.

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    I didn't know he was dumb as F. In fact I have no clue who he is anyway!. Pity he made such a booboo in front of Coop. That looks seriously unprofessional. Unless ofcourse Ron did say it which I doubt very much. :icon_evil: