1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rookie McNeill earning praise

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061027-9999-1s27chnotes.html

By Kevin Acee
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    October 27, 2006

Some veteran teammates say they have never seen a rookie pick up the difficult position of left tackle as quickly and as well as Marcus McNeill.

Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen, who on a few plays had his way with McNeill on Sunday in Kansas City, was highly complimentary as well. He said McNeill was going to be a “great player.”

McNeill says only that he feels as if he is getting better. But he is certainly pleased to know he has not given anyone reason to continue the worrying before the season when it became known a first-year player would be guarding Philip Rivers' blind side.

“That's definitely what everybody is thinking about,” McNeill said. “I feel like I'm under a microscope.”

McNeill, who is 6 feet 7 and 335 pounds, is acquitting himself with better-than-expected footwork and body control that defies his gargantuan size. Playing with pins and a plate in both of his hands, which means he can't get a grip on defenders or even a feel for their bodies, he has to rely on his technique.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    He's done well-I for one am pleased!!:tup:

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    This guy has come out of no where.

And I for one am glad that AJ has found another Diamond in the rough.

4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    The 747 sure makes me proud.....

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I didn't think he would be this good this soon , he's got my praise :icon_bow:

• Like Like x 1