1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rookie Mini-Camp Saturday!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, May 13, 2016.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Anyone going to the mini camp on the 14th of May? Just curious.

San Diego Chargers fans will get their first look at first-round draft selection Joey Bosa and the team’s 2016 rookie class on the field at the Chargers’ Rookie Mini Camp on Saturday morning, May 14 at Chargers Park. Select veterans also will be attending the camp.

Gates open to the public at 9:15 am and admission is free. Players hit the field at app. 10:15 am and practice concludes at 11:45 am. Parking is available on Murphy Canyon Road and in the parking lots located south of Chargers Park.

Rookie Mini Camp also will provide fans with another opportunity to sign the Citizen’s Initiative in support of a modern multi-use stadium and convention facility in the East Village downtown.

The Chargers Team Store will have a mobile location selling all the latest merchandise and apparel, and representatives from the team’s Ticket Office will be on hand with information about all Chargers ticket options, including season tickets. Bleacher seating will be available, however fans are welcome to bring folding chairs to sit on the pavement surrounding the practice fields. Fans can bring their own food, water and soft drinks, however cigarettes and alcoholic beverages are not allowed at Chargers Park at any time. For those wishing to purchase food or beverage, there will be hot and cold food, snacks, bottled water and soft drinks available for purchase. Fans are welcome to bring personal cameras, however video cameras and telephoto lenses longer than six inches (detachable or non-detachable) are not allowed. Other items not permitted at Chargers Park include: pets (other than service dogs), weapons, chains, stun guns, mace & pepper sprays, water guns, fireworks, frisbees, sports balls, beach balls or other inflatable objects, laser pointers, flammable objects, musical instruments or noise-making devices.

Thanks,

Pointy :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I am not going, I can not take my inflatable girlfriend. :mad:

3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Guess that means I won't be bringing the cowbell... :(

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    @utghelkin. Former CFLer Dexter McCoil worked at safety today. Can play linebacker. Mike McCoy: "We'll move him around, but he's been impressive."

This kid is interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    McCoil & McCoy. Any connection?

mccoy with bottle.jpg

6. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Mini camp was great! Bosa all over the place, very quick. McCoil may be a real gem here. And Watt was great, reminds me of a young Jacob Hester, except that he can catch! Probably the best rookie class ever!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Bonzi Jones

Bonzi Jones BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +84
    All that sounded great except for the Jacob Hester part... If we have a fullback, I want one that is capable of blocking.... IJS

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Thanks for the report Pointy. Read/heard some great things about McCoil. If he can come in and play safety and so keep Addae off the field I will be thrilled.

9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Speaking of mini-camp madness, I just saw on one of the networks that BAL held their rookie mini-camp and they went full pads. Just an opinion, but I think that the NFL does not approve of such actions, something having to do with the collective bargaining agreement and such...

10. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I just received an email from the Chargers and I was invited to attend the upcoming mini-camp on June 14th along with other season ticket holders.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Same here. June 14th is a Tuesday. It's not like us ticket holders have, you know, JOBS we have to be at. :rolleyes:

12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^ This is true.