1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rookie RBs seek exposure, not job in Bolts' backfield

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Full Article

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is a testament to our scouting staff and LT to a certain degree. Every running back is a stud or was a stud at his alma mater.

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    *Reggie Merriweather played major college football and topped 100 rushing yards against national power Miami as a sophomore.

*Eldra Buckley played at the NCAA Division I-AA level and set a school record for single-season rushing yards.

*Germaine Race set the Division II career-rushing-yardage record and scored more points than any player in the history of college football.

Each player had a shining moment in their career where their accomplishments are noticible (not unlike Micheal Turner from unheralded N. Illinois setting his records). They are not super studs but they get a nod as studs from my *** nonetheless.

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    For a girl, you know more about the college football players than I do. I do not watch alot of college football. I might watch one or two games a year so these players are a mystery to me other than what I have read.

I just trust this scouting staff without much reservation.

The resumes of the running backs from what was posted has highlights which made me go "hmmm...that is cool" even though I have never seen them play.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

It would seem to me that we are looking for the eventual replacement for MT next season. Of course I could be wrong.:bolt2:

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Andrew Pinnock FB has to show something this year as well or that dude may be history.

Turner will need to be replaced and it would be nice to hide one or two RB's on the practice squad for next year and save our draft picks for line help.

We have a couple of jitter bug RB dudes in Tyronne Gross and the other dudes name who I forget. None are mauling runners such as Turner from what I remember. They are all smaller than Turner from memory but they had skills.

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Aren't a couple dudes in the NFL Europa ???:bolt2:

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am not sure who the heck we have in NFL Europe who is worthy ?