1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rooting for Chargers to win or lose? Week 14

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by FCBolt, Dec 11, 2011.

?

Who you backing today?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2011.
  1. Chargers, every day

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. Bills, anti-Norv vote

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Hate Norv, Love Bolts, fine with either outcome

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. We're playing today?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I want a tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Interestingly I'm hearing some long time Bolts fans say they want us to lose so that Norv is gone.
    Voting in poll is private, so don't worry about getting flamed!

2. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I never root for my team to lose, period.

That said, a win might be like wallpapering over holes in the drywall at this point.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sorry but Stupid thread is stupid.

Root for a loss? Hell nah!

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    And derail attempt is derail attempt ;)

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I believe that mock is mocking would be better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    I would never root for a loss. But, if we lose, we lose, not much I can do about it and there one or two positives with a loss. So, going for the win, but not devastated by a loss.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I am torn because I want that high draft pick, and there is nothing at all to gain by winning, and fans and ownership will only find more excuses to keep Norv if we do win 8 or 9 games.

But I absolutely hate watching us lose, its embarrassing and frustrating, espescially when Philip Rivers is not even injured like Peyton Manning and we had Super Bowl aspirations.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Never root to lose.

Never

• Like Like x 3
  9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I would maintain that they aren't true fans. I'm sorry, regardless of the reason, a true fan never wants to see their team lose.

• Like Like x 6
  10. boltup2011

boltup2011 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    So if we somehow do make the playoffs, you guys think Norv saves his job?

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Yes. :mad: And we can go through this all again next year.

12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I hear ya, but I'm also hearing guys who I know love the Bolts root for the loss.

Gregory however, is not !!! ;)

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Rooting for your team to lose is the most bullshit LAMEASS thing to do ever in the history of anything. period.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I would be fine with Norv staying. it's AJ that has to go.

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Where is the "dislike" button?

We showed the last 2 weeks this team is capable of playing 4 full quarters, and yet it took 13 weeks to get to that point. Norv is not improving players fast enough through the course of the season, the same mistakes are being made way too many times and for way too long, and there is absolutely no way you can excuse losing 6 strait games with a veteran team unless your quarterback is injured.

I don't care if the players like playing for Norv, they don't play well enough for him. Like I said earlier, its the 3rd time in 4 years we've come into December with a losing record....and I'm ******* tired of it. Its time to get a coach who will show this team new ways too win rather than just sitting on they're *** until December saying "its a long season" and then finally kicking it into gear.

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I would never root for the Chargers to lose, EVER.

I would however ask the question, what do we gain by winning? We're coming to that point where if we do win out and go 9-7 its going to create doubt in Spanos' mind, and he may decide to waste another year on Norv. The alternative is to fire him now, start the coach search immediately, bring in a proven commodity, take the top 10 pick with a smile on your face, and come into next season healthy and refreshed with a new hard nosed don't **** with me type coach next year.

17. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Sorry I don't like to root for a lost. Isn't that self contradictory?

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    When push came to shove, even in a poll where you could vote anonymously, only 1 voter stepped up to that plate.
    That said, I've seen it happen in other seasons in the final week just to gain a spot or 2 in the draft.

I'm with you on who to root for. At the same time, I don't begrudge those who are looking for long term gain.

19. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Only a ******* roots for his favorite team to lose. I don't care what the circumstances are.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    I honestly get why people do it, but it just goes against every fiber of my being to root for a loss.

I'll only go as far as to say something like "well, I won't be quite as mad if they lose" or something like that.

21. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I just feel as if the Chargers go 9-7 they won't fire Norv.. or better yet they make the playoffs!

22. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    [​IMG]

What’s your take on the upcoming season?

Stephanie Turner: I’m of the mentality that you never know what’s going to happen and that’s why I get sick of all the coverage and talk and analyzing and “this team’s gonna do this and this team’s gonna do that” because if you look back from the beginning to the end, it never happens the way they (the media) predicted it would. I just heard people talking about Tebow or Orton and who’s going to be starting. One analyst criticized Tebow and said he would never be a starting quarterback and Mike Wilbon said on “Pardon the Interruption” that it’s not someone’s job from ESPN to love Tebow…that his or her job is to “critique”.

Fine, but you know what else isn’t his job? To determine who’s going to start for the Denver Broncos. The people hired to make decisions are the coaches. They can evaluate talent better than people from ESPN can. That’s why they’re coaching. I let them do their jobs. Scouts spend so much time scouting these players. I trust their evaluation.

The thing missing out of all of the speculation is when it comes down to it, it’s human beings interacting. That’s really the key to success and winning. It’s good interaction on every level…and all the people involved from the GM to front office coaching staff and the players. You can have the most talented people on your team but if people aren’t working together then you’re not going to be the dream team.

23. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Root for the Bolts to lose???.....Oh hell no!