1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rosevelt Colvin TELLS the Chargers to GROW UP

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1031472

[​IMG]
    FOXBORO - Rosevelt Colvin had a pointed message for the San Diego Chargers yesterday: Grow up.

Tired of questions about the Chargers’ grudges and vows for revenge for last season’s playoff loss and the Patriots [team stats]’ taunt-filled celebration, the Pats linebacker thinks it’s time for the Chargers to get over it.

“I don’t know what they’re paying back for. It’s last year. If they’re still sulking about it, they’re still crying about it, that’s tough. We’ve moved on,” said Colvin, who was accused by the Chargers of running into their locker room and yelling, “Lights out!” to mock Shawne Merriman following the playoff win. “We’ve tried to direct our focus on being a good football team in 2007. If they want to be upset about it, be upset about it. I think the thing we’re upset about, if you look at last year, is we didn’t win it (all). We beat them, and went to Indianapolis and got beat.”

Colvin says the Pats’ focus is on winning and trying to see if they’re a better team than they were when they beat the Chargers, 24-21, in that AFC divisional game.

“Regardless of what they want to talk about, what they want to say they’re upset about - hey, I’m a grown man. I’m 30 years old. You can keep playing childish games,” Colvin said. “Talk about this, talk about that, talk about how they stooped to this level, how they stooped to that level. I’m going home to my wife and my kids. This is a job. I enjoy playing the game. Calm down.” :lol: :icon_finger:

Colvin said they’re playing a game. They’re not fighting a war.

“There are a lot more serious issues than someone had a video camera, or someone did a celebration dance and you felt disrespected,” Colvin said. “We have men losing their lives overseas. We have guys playing this game, the tight end in Buffalo (Kevin Everett, who may be paralyzed). Again, let’s just calm down. Let’s stop making a big deal about who danced, who got mocked, who felt disrespected, who’s got class, who doesn’t have class. We got the win. That’s what we’re looking to get this week. . . . So calm down. It’s just a football game.”

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    "We've moved on."
    BS, they had nothing to move on from.

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    My message back to Rosevelt Colvin:

Phuc Hue Biitch :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :football:

4. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464

• Like Like x 1
  5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Pack of dirty whiny classless cheaters.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    All Rosie boy was trying to do was take attention off this scandal by directing focus to the war in Iraq.
    The guy is scared, and he just wants to deflect the Chargers wrath.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Rosey wants to bring up the war? Good. 'cause whether he knows it or not, he's gonna be in for one hell of a battle Sunday night. He's right about one thing, the Charger players should just keep their yappers shut and let their play speak for itself.

All I know is that Nate better make the fuc'n kick when it comes time. Little boy better sack up in New England, 'cause this fuc'er is going down the wire. And I don't wanna be makin' any excuses for him about how difficult it would be for "anyone to make that kick".

Go home to your wife & kids, Rosey. Rest up. You're gonna need it.:icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Electrogasm

Electrogasm BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Nate isn't going to need to make a game-winning kick so no worries there. The Chargers should have this game well in hand. Look at their history:

* Since 2001, the Chargers and Patriots have met four times, including last season’s playoff game. Here’s a look back.
    * In 2001, Tom Brady, making just his third career start, rallied the Pats from a 26-16 fourth quarter deficit to win the game 29-26 in overtime at the old Foxboro Stadium.
    * In 2002, the Chargers returned the favor as LaDainian Tomlinson recorded the first 200-yard game of his career with 217 yards and two touchdowns as the Bolts shocked the defending Super Bowl Champion Patriots, 21-14, at Qualcomm Stadium.
    * In 2004 the Chargers did it again, knocking off the two-time defending Super Bowl Champions at Gillette Stadium by a score of 41-17 to end the Patriots’ NFL-record 21-game home winning streak. Tomlinson rushed for 134 yards and two touchdowns in the win.
    * In 2006, the Chargers and Patriots meet in an AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Qualcomm Stadium. The Bolts season comes to a heartbreaking end as the Pats overcome a 21-13 fourth-quarter deficit and rally for a 24-21 victory.

It's plain to see that the only way the Pats have won is when the Chargers shot themselves in the foot.

BTW...I get what Colvin is saying and I agree with him. Let that fiasco die - the pre-game, the game and post-game antics. If it's a level of maturity that they're seeking this year, then conduct yourself in that manner.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Man I HATE IT when people use examples above to explain **** away. Using the war and someone who was badly injured to advance their point. SCREW COLVIN. :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

Me too so I posted this over at their temp Pats boards:

http://www.soxplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2558

Rosey has a point and it is too bad it rests on his shoulders.

I suspect he feels much PAIN on the horizon and is trying to quell the storm.

This is about exacting payback. Revenge will happen in the playoffs. If he wants to cower behind the American flag and kids starving in Africa ad nauseum, so be it.

The Chargers are coming to town.

Fear my Bolts.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Man...I WISH I was in NE for this game. I would make it a point to scream down belidick and harass the **** out of Colvin.

12. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    You do know that you're going to get butt raped for talking negatively about Little Boy Nate on this board. Everyone knows he can do no wrong.

13. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331
    YEAHHHHHH RIGHT....

HE JUST KNOWS HIM AND HIS CHEATING SORRY NO GOOD FOR NUTTIN COACH AND TEAMMATES ARE IN FOR A GOOD OLE *** WHUPPING!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S SKERRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARE HE USE THE WAR AND AN INJURED PLAYER TO STATE HIS CASE?! THE "patriots" NAME IS A DISGRACE FOR THEM TO USE...THEY SHOULD BE THE NEW ENGLAND NUTCASES!!!!!

BITE MY BIG OLE BAMA *** COLVIN. YOU AND BRADY THE WONDER BOY AND YOUR GENUIUS :icon_rofl: HEAD COACH BELICHEAT!!!!!!!!!

U SORRY EXCUSES FOR MEN THINK UR PLAYING THE CHARGERS THIS SUNDAY? :icon_huh:

DUDE!!! THE CHEATRIOTS ARE PLAYING ALL THE OTHER 31 TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!! :icon_evil: NOT ONLY ARE YALL OUT-NUMBERED, YOUR DEFINTELY OUT-SMARTED AND MOST OF ALL.....YOUR BUSTEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Funny, he forgot to mention "who cheated" in that list.... :icon_shrug: :lol:

FOUTS

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The tattoo on my asss says: "Exit Only"...

Bring it on you buncha' Natebates. :lol:

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    little whining baby that mocks a team after a loss like Rosie O'Colvin did does not deserve to tell someone to grow up

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what I was about to say!!!

"There are a lot more serious issues than someone had a video camera, or someone did a celebration dance and you felt disrespected,” Colvin said. “We have men losing their lives overseas. We have guys playing this game, the tight end in Buffalo (Kevin Everett, who may be paralyzed)."

Sure, so let's just not play this game, consider it a draw and spend Sunday night thinking about war and Everett. Yet he keeps preaching about "moving forward!!!!!!"
    Talk about "POINTLESS!!!!"

18. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    From today's SDUT:
    Chargers are 12-1-2 against the spread when underdogs.

Suck on that, Patriot biatches!:flag:

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Can you say "FEAR?"
    If he's (and the Patriots) have "moved on," then why is he even bringing this up?!!!!

Then he says “There are a lot more serious issues than someone had a video camera, or someone did a celebration dance and you felt disrespected,” Colvin said. “We have men losing their lives overseas. We have guys playing this game, the tight end in Buffalo (Kevin Everett, who may be paralyzed)."
    Can you say "SMOKE SCREEN?"

He can't find and excuse for the taunting or the cameras so he changes the subject!!

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    That's great, use our military to deflect the questions about what a classless POS you are are. Classy move, Colvin, you ***-hat.

Going into the opponents lockerroom and taunting them after a win sums this guy and organization to me. Classless to the core.

• Like Like x 1
  21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928

All that was missing from that was "I'm a soldjah *****! I'm in a war!" a'la KWII

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

VERY WELL SAID!!!!! :tup:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    This guy is a real POS TOOL!:icon_evil:

25. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I think this fucque-face has a brilliant future...........in POLITICS. He's got the bullshit, the bait-and-switch, and the deflection parts down pat already.:tdown:

Shove it, Colvin, and get ready to have your *** ripped off and handed back to ya.:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  26. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    What a cop out... does anybody even know who this guy is? Maybe he should just shut up and brace himself for a LoNeal hit

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Billacheat should have waited until This Sunday to roll his video equipment out, they're going to need it. I don't car what Rosey has to say, he's a low life going into the Bolt's locker room and saying " lights out ". I hope LoNeal and Manu right his bell and good.:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Chargers are going to be much more agressive than the Pats on Defense and have just as many weapons on offense. I fully expect them to wear down toward the end of the 3rd quarter with the kind of pressure the Chargers will bring.

29. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    They won the game, and instead of being "grown ups" and congratulating our team on a great season and a tough game, they jump around like clowns on our logo, taunting us like they just won the BCS National Championship, on our field, on national television, and we're the babies. Right.

What a douchebag.

30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Our players should tone it down a bit, calling wrecks a mental midget in the press was a good idea.

I lost respect for Ditka when he said the defensive lineman of the redskins (whose name escapes me now) had the IQ of a grapefruit.:bolt: