1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Roster moves

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    According to Chargers on Twitter

"SD released CB B Hughes, added QB O'Sullivan to roster; released G Hansen & QB Crompton from Pract Squad & added T Otterson & TE Kory Sperry"

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Was Crompton that bad that we're not even going to keep him on the PS?

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yes

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    maybe it's a homer thing but I would have liked to bring in Kevin O'connell to the practice squad

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    So we only have 2 QBs in San Diego at the mo????

Hope that doesn't backfire on us! Seems stupid to not have a project for Norv to work with behind Rivers and Volek.

Compton was never going to be that great, why not see what he can do in a year! Seems a waste.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    1) Rivers
    2) Volek
    3) O'Sulivan

7. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    oh year, forgot about Sullivan. oops Sorry :)

Why bring in a journeyman when you can work on a rookie and mold him to your system? Doesn't make sense to me. Someone please explain it to me...and dont say its because he gives us the best chance to win games...the third stringer should never be on the field anyway

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Volek's dinged up.

As crappy as O'Sullivan he's probably a (very slight) step above an unproven rookie who apparently didn't even look good enough in preseason to warrant keeping on the PS.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    So it sounds like no big deal if Hughes cut hasnt even been mentioned in this.

yea volek injured brings on need for another backup that has gametime experience. JT is a good fit. And yea he wont ever be throwing passes to AG in reg season anyway. He prob is cut first chance we need to after Volek is 100%.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I think he might have been a cheaper and better option at #3, O'Sullivan wasn't that good at any spot he started. Just makes me wish we picked up someone better with that late 5th then Crompton or Epps (who will probably be cut soon)

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I wonder how many times it has to be posted that O'Sullivan was probably signed because of Volek's health status before people quit talking about how he's not the best option as a #3 QB because a "rookie project" would be better in that spot.

Or, at the very least, address that factor of Volek's health while discussing whether or not the signing makes sense for him at that position in the depth chart.

I mean, I understand the point being made if you just look at it from the aspect of who the #3 guy is. But when you take into consideration Volek's possible health (or lack thereof) and realize that our #3 could be that much closer to game time it puts a bit of a different spin on the matter and we're no longer just discussing a "project".