1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Williams Says He's Been Persecuted, Compares Himself to Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Deb, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Gonna start by saying I have been a cowboys fan my whole life. But I read this tonite and all I could think was...just trade his dumb *** already.

Roy Williams Says He's Been Persecuted, Compares Himself to Jesus Christ

Posted Jun 2nd 2008 8:30PM by Ryan Wilson
    Filed under: Cowboys, NFC East, NFL Fans

[​IMG]

Roy Williams and his suspect pass-coverage skills have been well documented here and just about everywhere else. We've heard from fans, the media, teammates, and unnamed personnel guys. And today, we finally get to hear from Roy, who spoke to The Oklahoman after throwing out the first pitch at an Oklahoma City Redhawks game.
    "Ever since I've rededicated my life to Christ I've caught way more persecution now," he said. "But it's a beautiful thing because I know it's a breakthrough coming for me. I welcome it. What makes me any better than Christ? He was persecuted and I've been persecuted. My teammates know where my heart is. They know where my mind is at."​
    I applaud Williams for keeping the faith in the face of adversity, but hasn't he brought some of this on himself? At least if we believe one of his anonymous supporters, who told Jean-Jacques Taylor that "... he's not as bad in coverage as everyone thinks ... [but] he also needs to do more film study, because he's not an instinctive player.."

Unless Jesus has started rewarding people for underachieving (something I'm certainly well qualified for, I think), then Williams isn't being completely honest about why he's more persecuted now than earlier in his career.

Unlike Hashmarks' Matt Mosley, I've never wondered what makes Williams any better than Christ, but I do agree with Matt's career advice for Roy:
    If he wants the "persecution" to stop, he simply needs to show up and make plays this season. He loves to paint himself as the victim in all of this, but in reality, he's been given every chance to succeed in Dallas. As I explained recently, people at Valley Ranch have grown tired of defending him.​
    No worries, though; a breakthrough's coming.

2. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Who'd a thunk... I thought Jesus was more suited to be a WR or kick returner, not a safety.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Yeah, and I don't see any nail holes in Williams' hands. :lol:

4. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    we could make him a horse collar of thorns to wear.:icon_shrug:

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

...Okay, here is where most of your troubles probably lie :lol: Don't worry, it's not a life sentence, there's still time to repent:icon_shrug:

Seriously though, he's just another headhunting thug who thrived in Oklahoma but comes up slowfooted and slow-witted in the NFL. Aka, the Bosworth syndrome.

6. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Those are caled "stigmata". :tup:

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Has anyone here ever watched Roy Williams play?
    The guy couldn't cover a manhole! He's likely to get burned on a route by Jamal Williams!:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I always pictured Jesus to be the team therapist or trainer, he could heal the team's woes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    If Roy Williams doesn't use deodorant, then he has that in common with Jesus....

• Like Like x 1
  10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Poor guy, just leave him alone. He should have dinner with Deon and get things sorted out. He broke TO's leg, so there's always hope for him.

11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Nah, he wouldn't dig the physical contact.

I picture JC as a placekicker, wearing a single bar facemask and kicking barefooted.

12. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    here's some guys that know how you feel Roy
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Wrong again if JC is anything in football he's the owner and managing partner of my franchise any day, Al Davis' wishes he were this good!

Stan :rivers17:

14. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I'm pretty sure I saw JC in the Chargers Draft War Room. I could swear I saw him and AJ exchanging high fives after the Eli Manning trade. :D

15. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Roy is an idiot. Why make excuses and even try to play the "Persecution" card. :tdown:

Man up and do your job or ride pine.

16. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    If you google the word perecution, you will get a wide range of topics. Religious martyrs who were put on the racks during the Roman Empire.

You get Jews in concentration camps, who were put to death for being different than what was declared to be the norm.

Women burned at the stake....in front of their families, because they were thought to be witches.

People being fed to Lions for a sport. I found women being tortured in the Middle East.

Nowhere in the first three pages did I see anything about Dallas Defenders rebelling against the media.

You have to be careful throwing words around...that portray you as a victim...when there are so many victims that have suffered things Roy can't fathom.

I tried to watch the movie The Passion. The scene where Jesus was flogged, with the crown of thorns. If making a zillion dollars a year, playing a game you love and having to put up with the media about things you cause yourself equals being nailed on a cross....then maybe I am too hard on Roy.

What I don't want to hear is this stuff. What I DO want to hear is...he is trying to find himself. I want to hear he's going to work hard and do his best and fit into any role that will help the Cowboys win Superbowls. And he outta get down on his knees and thank God he's not a true victim of persecution.

Life isn't fair.....it's part of being an adult. You take whatever hand you're dealt, and you live your life the best you can.

I would take ten Pacmans who say I have really screwed up and I know this my last chance and being a cowboy means something to me... Than One Roy Williams. Cuz right now to me Roy is the bigger liabiity. Cuz not only can he not cover...he can't lead.

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Roy Williams isn't Jesus Christ. A.J. Is!!! At least most of us here think he is.....

18. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    No, no, no.

AJ is gawd.

The Nix is JC. (or was.. :unsure:)

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Oh, that's right. He's Moses too according to the Trumpet Man! :bolt:

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If Roy would pattern himself more after the Flying Spaghetti Monster, he'd have enough noodly appendages to cover several receivers. :lol:

21. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    imagine the FSM and Dread Cthulu in the backfield together:icon_eek::lol: