1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Williams??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltmanbz, Mar 3, 2009.

1. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    for LB or Safety? i dunno how much he has left as a safety but maybe would be a player that rivera could use on certain packages

2. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    If we've learned anything in the last year, it's that the Chargers' defense needs guys who can COVER.

That wouldn't include Roy Williams... especially not at the price he'll command.

NEXT!!! :lol:

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Too true. One of the most overrated players in the NFL ever. He could never cover nothin............

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    But the other grumblings about safeties is that we haven't had an enforcer or a headhunter who can smack someone around since rodney harrison. you want that? Here's your guy

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think we need an intimidator that can knock the snot out of the ball carrier.

If he can cover, so much the better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    He can't cover......

But one thing he is great at ala McCree and Hart is take really bad angles and be left for dead.

No thank you, Roy Williams the supposed safety (not to be confused with the WR) is horrible.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Is it that he can't cover deep (but i guess can cover short range) or that he can't cover period

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Clarification. "He" I am refering to would be the slobber knocking, snot rocketing hitter.

I am not big on Roy Williams, or his horse Trigger.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Trust me, trust me. If we get that fierce pass rush attack we had in 2006, all of a sudden ANY secondary looks good. I mean, come on, Pitt Secondary is very good but what makes them great are those mad dogs up front with Harrison, Woodley and the others. Once you get that, your secondary can tee off on people. In 2006 when we had Foley, Godfrey, Donnie, Phillips and Merriman, we were killing mofos. Got to have the big crazies up front.

Oh, as for Roy, too old and too expensive. I mean if Dallas is not retaining him, that tells you something.

10. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    But unless he can cover, he'll be getting exposed... especially if the pass rush doesn't measure up.

11. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I think he'll ask for too much money and I didn't like what I saw out of him in 2008. Plus he still isn't comepletely rehabbed off of horse collaring dudes and is therefore a liability. NEXT!

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He can't cover so I don't want him at safety and he's too small to be a LB. So, no thanks.