1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

RTL rejoices, Padres fans on suicide watch

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by HollywoodLeo, Jul 31, 2009.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    If this happens then every Padre fan on this board should Boycot the games. They aren't even trying to put a watchable product on the field

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    You didn't get that impression when they lowered the payroll to 40 mil because Becky and John can't get along?

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    That trade wont happen. Towers isnt that stupid.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Trust me, I'm not celebrating watching the Pads go down in flames, because I have alot of friends who care about them, though I've lost all reasoning as to why. There was a time when I cheered for the Padres too, but that ship has sailed for me, I refuse to support a team who spits in my face.

It would have been sweet tho to get Bell and Ganzales, who are just about the only thing the Pads got left.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    There was a time when I tried to quit liking the Padres (early 90s firesale) but it didn't work.

I'm addicted to them as much as I am the Chargers.

I'd much sooner quit watching baseball all together before I start calling myself a fan of any other team, especially a division rival.

IMO sports fandome is about die-hard loyalty to one team, no matter what. The second you start switching alliances you defeat the entire purpose IMHO.

The Chargers spit in your face when they fired Bobby Ross and traded away their 1st round draft pick every year to the lowest bidder, how come you remained loyal to them but turned coat on the Padres for equally stupid decisions? (Or is the "spit in my face" reference not related to personnel moves?)

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I try hating the Padres, everyday. But I can't! :banghead:

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    It's like a drug. We should go to an AA meeting.

9. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Alcoholics Always? :icon_toast:

10. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I support the padres because I am born and raised in SD I love baseball and love my team. Granted it's a bad team that is getting worst but in reality after the payroll dump it's not like this team wasn't intended to be a last place finisher. In reality anything but a championship is a failure so it is what it is.

Give it a year or two and we will actually build not buy a good playoff caliber team; oh and by the way **** LA through and through buy all the yankees and bosox you can it will never make your team a real legitimate threat to win a championship; no way in hell those LALA homos have enough pitching to get past the phillies or the cardinals; so your dodgers' season will be as meaningless as my padres'.

11. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I agree with you on the "home grown" part of your post. :tup:

But, it's gonna take more than a couple of yrs. to turn the Padres around. :yes:

And I agree with the F LA part!

• Like Like x 1
  12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

My favorite teams will always be the Pads and anyone that plays the Dodgers!

:flag:

• Like Like x 2
  13. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Padres are my team, but I'm pretty used to what's going on with them. I guess it helps me a lot that I have just barely more interest in baseball as I do soccer.

As a point of reference, I have zero interest in soccer. If I could have negative interest, I would.