1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

RTL's monday morning rant

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Look, I know we played like ***, but a win is a win no matter how ugly it is. We turned the ball over twice and we were still able to win. Losing the turnover battle usually spells defeat, but for once we held on for the W. I thought the D stepped it up in the 2nd half for the most part (save the last drive, :mad3: ), which, though not somethign to wrote home about, is an improvement over the BUF and NO games where the only way they could get off the field was when the opposition scored a TD.

Do we still have a long way to go? Hell ****ing yes. Will we make the playoffs playing like this? Not likely. Can it still be fixed? Sure, but we're running outta time (remember last year 5-5, we're 1 game behind that).

3 things that are infuriating to me:

1. The playcalling on O. I'm about 5 seconds away from going completely B4L and beating Norv to death with his own headset. How many times was the playcall late in coming in yesterday? Was their a communications issue with the headsets? Whatever it was, we looked like a bunch of chicken with their heads cut off trying to run a play, esp. down near the goal. ****ing UNACCEPTABLE.

2. Penalties. Jesus H. Christ on a stick, the penalties. And it's not like we're getting flagged for PI after PI again, oh no, we're getting the BONEHEAD calls rookie teams get. Illegal formation. False starts. Offsides. DELAY OF GAME!!!!!!!!!! Again, all this points at a completely STUPID group of unfocused players. Norv? Also, note to the refs: Can you PLEASE STOP ****ING US?!?!? It's really getting raw and I need to apply ointment.

3. Defensive playcalling. I don't care HOW we do it, if we have to send a jailbreak blitz every goddamn play, GET SOME ****ING PRESSURE!!!! ****!!! This is the single most aggravating thing I see going on. Linemen playin grabass and getting 0% pressure, NONE. Linebackers who can't cover a TE to save their life OR TACKLE. Corners who can't get in anyones face.

If we're gonna get owned, go down with all guns blazing!!! Leave nothing.

Next week: @ Pittsburg Steelers (wonderful :unsure:)

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_eek:

Has the world turned upside down? :lol:

I think the issue with getting the plays in is very real and significant.

It has largely been ignored that a time out effectively cost us the game against NO. On our next to last possession we were driving and Rivers had to burn a timeout because they play came in late and they couldn't get the ball snapped.

As a result when the Saints were able to run that ******-****ing intentional safety, giving us the ball back with time for only one play. Another time out gives us another 30 seconds on the clock. I believe 30 seconds is enough for Rivers to make his 4th quarter magic happen. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
  3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    In the old way:

Pittsburgh will be an unstoppable onlsaught to which we have no answer. It won't matter if Pittsburgh brings in a sanitization engineer as their quarterback, he will evade the blitz with ease and pick apart our secondary with laser accuracy. As for their running attack, we will look like so much pavement under their tank tracks of steel.

Pittsburgh 70 Chargers 2
    The steelers will be falling asleep from dominating so much that they forget they are playing a football game and allow a safety.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    A win is a win but I'm not happy! :no:
    We suck but I'm hoping. The "Lombardi or Bust" season is looking more and more like a bust.

At this moment, I'm actually more excited about next season.

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I am almost to the point where I'm rooting for us to miss the playoffs, if it means a change at the head coaching position.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Does anyone besides me wonder just how badly we might get spanked by not only Pitt and Indy, but even Atlanta??? I see those as three games we could easily lose. Thigpen had a field day with a fourth-string running game. What are Big Ben, Peyton, and Ryan (much less Turner) going to do to us???

I hope they at least buy us dinner first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I don't know. Another way to look at it is, every QB we face goes 18-22 with 2+ td's, so Peyton wouldn't do that much better.

Another thing: It is a product of bad coaching that we ALWAYS play down to our level of competition. But very rarely do we get spanked by one of the elite teams. That tells me that our talent level is still right up there. We just need a better head coach who can make sure we play up to our abilities every week.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm kind of thinking that way too. Unless I see a team that really has a shot at the Lombardi in the last 7 games.

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    They looked past de chiefs, yeah, and also, Rivera was holding something back as to not tip his hand against the steelers, yeah, that's the ticket! :tup:

Anybody buy that? :icon_shrug: me neither :no:

10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Me too!!!

[​IMG]

11. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I agree the Chargers need a real head coach that has had a winning record somewhere in the NFL.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Oh hell yeah!!!

:tup::tup::tup:

13. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    You should be tossed from this board just for thinking that way. You should never ever root against your team. Regardless if you don't like the coach. Especially in the middle of the f-in year.

14. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    I actually see TK's point, all of us get frustrated, we say "the f with this team" but next week we're cheering our hearts out again,

BUT if missing the playoffs (instead of winning the division at 9-7 and losing in the first round) meant a new coaching regime, and a return to dominance for this team, well, I dunno :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So, you're gonna root for the Chargers to lose??

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So, are you gonna root for the Chargers to lose??

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I agree.

Fuq'im.

18. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636

I don't think any of us root for the Chargers to lose (maybe except for p00f) it's more of a consolation and to keep our sanity "If they miss the playoffs then maybe Norv will be fired and a real coach will be hired" is the only thought that can comfort me when this team plays like crap

19. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    CUT SPROLES!!!

:icon_tease::icon_tease::icon_tease:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Bullshit!!

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Cute; you still haven't answered the qustion.

22. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636

You're probably the only guy here that wants Norv to stay past this season

I want this team to win, like everyone else, and IF they don't make the playoffs, or IF they win the west at 9-7 and lose in the first round, the only thing that would get me exited about next year (well, other than Merriman coming back) is a new coach.

Of course, bets case scenario is a 6-1 type run and some noise in the playoffs but that seems unlikely at this point

23. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

I'm a little disturbed that

1. You would even have to ask after all these years

2. You would use the word "cute" in a post directed at anyone other than a Bolthead Ms.

:icon_huh:

24. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    SoOOO true and too:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So, you're just making jokes then, right, cuz I'm disturbed that any Charger fzan would even think of wanting the team to lose because you, a "fan", don't like this HC.

Or for any other reason for that matter.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

And we could have had Mike Singletary!!!
    He's got the 49ers playing 10 times beyond their capability!!!
    THANKS AJ!!! :icon_evil:

YOU EGOTISTICAL WASTE OF LIFE!!!!! :icon_evil::icon_evil:

27. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    I want the Chargers to win and I think they will finish the season with Norval.

BUT HE SUCKS D and I don't mean defense but that too.!!!!!!

28. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    You beat me to saying it but I wa going to bring up Singletary and he is not even proven yet but he has the right personality to whip a team into shape.!!!!!!!!!

29. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    well,

#1 was not a joke. I'm as old skool as you my virtual friend.

#2. yeah, that was

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He's doing it tonight against a far more talented team than his.
    He may get the 49ers to the playoffs this season. Imagine what he could do with our team!!! :icon_evil: