1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

**rumor**Did LT sign with the Texans right now??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Feb 27, 2010.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    A good friend just called and told me that his brother heard it just now!! Anyone else hear this?? Does this have any validity!?

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Wow I thought Texans weren't interested? I just put the question out on Twitter... seems to be fastest way to get confirmation on rumormill these days...

I don't see anything on the internets tho... that'd be a fast signing if true!

3. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Is his name Hacksaw... :lol:

4. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    LaDainian Tomlinson And/Or Brian Westbrook: Just Say No, Houston

[​IMG] by Tim on Feb 25, 2010 2:30 PM
    I was all set to draft a scathing post detailing all the reasons why your Houston Texans should pass on LaDainian Tomlinson and Brian Westbrook. Really, I was. I'd started writing it and everything. But then, I stumbled across this article by Sean Pendergast (of 1560 fame) in the Houston Press, and I realized that Sean said it much better than I would have.
    The point is simple: Betting on RBs over the age of 30 is a bad idea. You've read and heard that a million times. What you probably haven't read, however, is a thorough analysis of "running backs who have been either first- or second-team All-Pro in the salary-cap era (basically since the 1994 season) -- 31 in all" that examines their peak years and the staggering dropoff that inevitably occurs. Read the article and then tell me you're still interested in signing Tomlinson or Westbrook. Quite simply:

http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/2/25/1326491/ladainian-tomlinson-and-or-brian

5. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    LaDainian Tomlinson: Texans have no interest in Tomlinson

LaDainian Tomlinson - RB - SD - Feb. 25 - 2:13 pm et The Houston Chronicle's John McClain emphatically reiterated that the Texans have no interest in free agent LaDainian Tomlinson.
    "I keep telling writers Texans have no interest in L.T.," tweeted McClain. "Some don't believe me cause they keep hearing it [elsewhere]." We believe him. McClain is one of the best beat writers in the business, and he's stated consistently that the Texans have no interest in a runner on the backside of his career. Feb. 25 - 2:13 pm et
    Source: John McClain on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...gnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=561&line=168156&spln=1

6. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Texans GM Rick Smith 'entertaining the idea' of adding LaDainian Tomlinson

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Houston Texans have been mentioned as a potential destination for former Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson, a Texas native.
    But even though the Texans philosophically favor adding younger players, GM Rick Smith didn't dismiss adding Tomlinson to a team that struggled to run the ball in 2009.
    "We're entertaining the idea," Smith acknowledged at the scouting combine Friday. "He's certainly had a wonderful career and still has some productive play in his future."
    Tomlinson has said he wants to join a Super Bowl-caliber team with an established quarterback. Houston is coming off its first winning season, has an explosive offense and maturing defense, and QB Matt Schaub led the NFL in passing yards while starting the Pro Bowl for the AFC.
    "There are times and instances a veteran player could have value," Smith said of L.T.'s potential as a piece that could put Houston over the top. "(But) I'm not saying that's the case here."
    Smith refused to hang the Texans' near playoff miss on the season-ending knee injury to TE Owen Daniels.
    "I don't deal in hypotheticals very often," Smith said. "We didn't realize our goals.
    "Having a winning season for the first time was progress. ... You can see our football team getting better." -- Nate Davis

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ning-the-idea-of-adding-ladainian-tomlinson/1

7. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Hope so since they are my second favorite team!