1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

RUMOR: Niners, Raiders, CHARGERS to move to Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reg, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Well, if ALL of those teams moved to L.A., it would decrease the league's travel budget considerably... :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I could see the Rams going back.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I no longer have any problems with the Chargers moving to LA. The stadium Roski wants to build is awesome. If the Bolts can't get a new stadium here in SD county (which is a fukin joke, the city of SD is retarded for being so shortsighted about the benefits of keeping the Chargers in town), then fuk this place. They don't deserve a team anymore. Let them go to LA. I'll still travel to the games. I'll still be a fan. And I'll blame the city for all of it.

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    RUMOR: ...

Angelinos DON'T care.... :lol:

I find it interesting that every California team wants a new stadium and all are unlikely to get one... :lol:

IIRC, a few years back, the LA sports population voted in a poll for a new NFL team, not a transplant...

5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    RUMOR: ...

Which I find hilarious, because the 2 biggest teams in the city are frickin transplants, the MINNEAPOLIS LAKERS and the BROOKLYN DODGERS.

:icon_rofl:

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    As long as LA doesn't have a team and as long as the Chargers don't have a new stadium deal in place "Chargers to move to LA" will always be a rumor.

7. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    You guys have to get this done out there for crying out loud.

Trust me, the worst day in San Diego sports history would be the day this team headed up I-5. I don't think the NFL would work as hard to re-establish a team in San Diego as it has in LA.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I do. I'm tired of NFL's "No Fan Loyalty" policy and they must be punished.
    Tagliebue completely supported the Colts moving out of Baltimore at 2:00 am in a blizzard then when asked about Baltimore getting a team, his response was "Baltimore fans will become Redskins fans."
    Then he does all he could to block the Browns move to Baltimore. Well can't Browns fans become Bengals fans? They're both Ohio team.

With that said... NFL wants a team in LA so bad, well they don't deserve that market. They should have let the Raiders move back to Oakland and contributed to keeping the Rams in LA.
    WHY DOES A CITY THAT LOST TWO TEAMS IN ONE YEAR DESERVE A TEAM?!!!

St. Louis... If a new stadium will only secure your team for 13 years, then it ain't worth it!!! Especially when they lost their first team and went for almost a decade without NFL.

New Orleans... All NFL said during the Saints first home game since Katrina is "what an asset the Saints are to the city and how they will bring tourism back." Well do you think by 2010 the city will be rebuilt?
    If they really feel this way then why did they move one Saints home game to London? Because they're full of **it!!!

This moving teams around crap has absolutely got to stop!!
    I don't care who's fault it is. If the Chargers bolt out of San Diego, I will no longer support the NFL. I've tolerated their greediness enough!!!
    I'll see my season tickets as an investment to start making my money back that I gave them.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :trout: :beat: :trout: :beat: :trout:

I feel better now... Nothing abou your post B4L, I just had to smiley slap someone...:lol:

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    how soon does something have to be figured out where the chargers wind up. Seems time is running out. Portlands not that bad of a place.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm a fan of the NFL teams, not the NFL head quarters.
    If Chargers move, I'm completely through supporting NFL in any way, shape, or form (except making my money back that I gave them.)

NFL has trillions of loyal fans. Now they need to show some loyalty towards the fans in return. Stop smashing traditions and try helping teams stay in their cities!!!

NFL was so fuking hell bent on keeping the Browns in Cleveland. Why no dedication to the Chargers, Bills, Saints, Vikings, ect.?!!!

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    True. Nothing is etched in stone until it is (either way.)

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Trust me, NFL won't lift a finger to re-establish a team in San Diego. All you'd hear is "San Diego fans will become LA fans."

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    At least Goodell isn't hellbent to get a NFL team in LA, like Tags.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    If the city is unwilling to work with the team, then what the hell do you expect to happen? The NFL is gonna FORCE the city to build the Chargers a stadium here?

Other than scream about how you'll cease caring for the league, what exactly do you think the league can do to keep the team here?

16. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hell, I live in Los Angeles, and I'd rather see the Chargers stay where they are, and L.A get another team. The more the merrier. But I don't want any of those teams from Northern Cali. Give us the Vikings. Adrian Peterson and Ladainian Tomlinson running in Southern Cali would be sweet.

If the bolts move north, I think it should be absolutely mandatory, as part of the deal, that we send the Clippers back to SD. :tup:

17. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    I really fear this for you guys. I actually benefitted from a team moving from one football area to another one that didn't have NFL football within 200 miles of it. Houston is seen as such a football area, so they got another team. Like someone said above, if the Bolts move to LA, they'll just assume that the majority of Charger fans will follow the team 90 miles North and you'll never see a team again.

I usually side with the fans and taxpayers on these things, but the Q is pretty dumpy by 2008 NFL standards, and there is no excuse for America's Finest City not to have a world class facility on the water. The Spanos' have been pretty patient by owner standards in this day in age. Hell, two Super Bowls and the tax revenue generated from it should pay for 1/2 of it.

18. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Just keep Donald Sterling in LA. where he belong's. :icon_rofl:

19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I agree.....then again, they gave Houston another one :icon_huh:

San Diego has the stupidest City Counsel in the nation. Im surprised they get anything built in that City.

A new Fotomat would get delayed by that counsel.

20. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    True,

But Houston is located flush in the middle of the most fanatical football demographic in this country. Its nothing to have 30,000 at a high school game in Houston.

Plus, Houston is a monstrous city....like a smaller LA. Not so sure SD would get the second chance, just because of the proximity to LA.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Isn't that what they've been doing in LA ever since they lost both teams in one year? Until they realized LA isn't going to lift a finger to make a new stadium happen so they'll have to do it themselves.

You stated that San Diego doesn't deserve a team because our politicians have done too little. Well please explain what LA politicians have do to make their city deserving of a team.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Please keep em'!!!!
    Basketball Sucks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Yeah, LA can keep the Clippers :lol:

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Houston got it because NFL needed an even number of teams to move forward with the future plans and nothing was getting accomplished in LA. Plain and simple.

It had absolutely NOTHING to do with NFL wanting NFL back in Houston. If Rhode Island could have moved the fastest, Rhode Island would have the last NFL expansion today.

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Look, I don't live in San Diego, I can't vote either way. If it's on the Chula ballot, I'm all over it. If the city and residents of San Diego "city" can't get it done, what do you want? If the people can't be bothered to light the city council on fire and get them off their butts on the issue, then they will be to blame for letting this team get away (and they're doing it right now), why should they deserve a team? It won't matter what the people want, if the goddamn mayor and the city council don't want to lift a finger, they won't, especially without pressure from the voters of the city.

Look, I don't want them to leave. I'm just saying I'll totally understand if they do, and it will be the city government's fault, as well as all the people who elected them.

LA government hasn't even entered into the discussion, nor should it for all I care. All I know is that a dude in LA wants to build a sick *** stadium for SOMEONE.

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The first Charger game I ever watch was the LA Chargers. Would this be a transplant or a return? Chula Vista is the best shot, unless Aguirre loses and Bruce Henderson gets locked up.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I'm not questioning the motives of the Spanos family or the lack of effort on the city's part. I know this.

The fact is that the only people who will suffer are the fans!!
    Yes, I know this is a business but the major part of a business is to keep your customers happy. How many teams have moved in the past 20 years?

All I'm saying is that "NFL needs to starting thinking outside the money a little and lift a finger for other cities besides only ones that fatten up the corporate office."

Us, the fans are the NFL's bread and butter. Our loyalty to our teams made them a market larger than life itself. So show some loyalty in return!!!

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    One season would hardly make it a transplant or return vs. almost 50.

29. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    No, MONEY is the NFL's bread and butter. If they think they can make more money having a team in LA over SD, they will.