1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumors fly of Turner to Packers.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Mar 23, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    As long as we get their first and third round picks, I'm all for any trade, otherwise keep him.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would be happy with a First and a player or even just a first round pick.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    If you guys take AJ Smith's recent comments into context it looks like it will be a 1st rounder at least.
    He went on record the other day saying teams are showing interest and the price still hasnt gone down.

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    of course aj's gonna get what he wants (ask ernie occorsi sp?) i don't see how anyone would think they could steal a deal from the chargers.

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Trading him for a 2nd rounder would be downright robbery for the team that gets him.

7. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    i totally agree, think about it from a talent/potential standpoint. which first round pick out of this years draft (because it would be this years picks we would recieve) brings as high hopes as the burner? knowing what we all do now, he would be the first rb off the board if he were eligible for this years draft. im all for the green bay trade, and the reason theyre seriously looking into it is they got a good idea they are not going to be able to match his talent with the 16th pick.

however, if we hold 16 and 30 that would pretty much guarantee us a high quality safety and wideout now wouldnt it:tup: turner is going to be a star in this league, at least for those who dont think he already is, either this year or next. good luck to him and bring on the 16th!

8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I dont trust anything about what they are saying about Turner right now, not to say it wont happen but after looking at the Chargers Mock on their draft site makes me believe they are clueless about some things!

Round 1 - Lawrence Timmons OLB
    Round 2 - Ryan McBean DT

Umm Timmons is a OLB and is not big or strong enough to move inside, and McBean is a DT with our first two picks? So basically with our first two picks we drafted depth instead of need? Not likely, that site wont last long!

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

Well see thats why I think that site is seeing the draft in more realistic terms actually. What are the chances that all those good WR's and all the good safeties will still be there with the 30th pick?
    I say slim to none.

I dont think Timmons or McBean have shot in hell at becoming Chargers, but its more realistic then ESPN predicting Robert Meachem will still be available with the 30th pick.

10. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205

every year we see players fall into the second round and other climb like a kite for some fuq'n reason. it is realistic to believe there will be a high end reciever at the 30th pick, probably not a safety however, supply and demand is too lopsided.

11. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I would not mind a second this year and a second next year from them. both will be higher then ours, and we could afford to pay both picks or use them in a package

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    We'll keep in mind that if we get their first rounder (16th) who could/will still be on the board; Meachem, Jarrett, Ginn jr, Nelson, Rice, Bowe, Willis, Timmons, and maybe even Okoye all have a legit shot at lasting till 16th.

Hell, we could even use the 16th to move higher and get Landry. It opens up an amazing amount of options for AJ Smith.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Gee, I was all excited about just getting a 4th round comp pick for turner in 2009. YOU mean the chargers could get more for him.:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
  15. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Matilack,

good point, if there was one guy on aj's list that he wanted to move up for he definitely would have the option of doing so. how much would it take to move into the top ten from 16?

best case scenario sure sounds pretty sweet though. imagine filling both safety and wideout issues with two first rounders.

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    If we made that trade, and got the 16th pick for Turner....

It depends on which pick you wanted really. Lets say we want Landry we would have to get higher then ATL (pick 8). It would probably take our 16th and our 30th to any team higher then 8th.

Of course we wouldnt get our 30 pick but we basically traded Turner and our 1st rounder for Landry...which is a hardcore steal for us.

17. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Yeah i figured we'd have to give up our 30th. if this trade goes down and aj feels like taking griffin with the 16th and the best wideout at 30th I'd be ok with that, although im not convinced griffin should go that high. he is the best ss in the draft though.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    if its a first rounder, and with Buffalo now very likely to pick Lynch, grabbing turner for a first would work well for both sides.

19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    What is it with you and Griffen? :lol:
    The guy isnt as good Nelson and isnt worth passing on Robert Meachem or Dwayne Jarrett for.
    A great first round in my opinion would be Meachem with pick 16 and Griffen with pick 30.

Of course this is all assuming we even get a 1st rounder for Turner. We better.

20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Thats what i've been explaining to Pack fans. Its a mutually beneficial deal, in otherwords a FAIR deal. Which isnt what they seem to be in favor of.
    They want to screw us over by getting Turner for a 2nd and drafting a top flight corner with their 16 pick.

21. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    griffens realistic, what do we do about ss if we draft nelson? shift mccree to ss? cro? we would still need a ss. i don't think he will be on the board at 30 but taking ginn jr or meachem with 16th and griffen at 30 would be glorious for sure.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    McCree said he prefers to play SS when we got him last year. we could put him anywhere. And Cro isnt a bad thought either.
    I just think we could easily get Griffen at 30, and we would be stupid to waste our hypothetical 16 pick to get him.

23. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    maybe so but who in the third round would we be looking at if our hypothetical 16th was a wr and all safeties were off the board?

oh and i think crow would make a much better fs than ss, he's so lean and fast it'd be weird using him at ss.

24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Its called depth drafting. I know were not used to having a surplus of talent, but guys get drafted in the later rounds all the time and end up better then the guys that start infront of them.

I think we would draft Sabby Piscitelli with our 3rd, who is scheduled for a visit here soon actually. And then we would proceed to draft for depth.

25. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    oh im familiar with seeing the entire board on draft day, just curious if we had talked to anyone. I'm pretty sure AJ will fill the need he feels is number one ultimately, 36 days to more offseason fireworks imo.

• Like Like x 1
  26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    if we get this first rounder, i still think we have alot of good ammunition to move up

27. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Turner and Whitehurst for the Packers' 1st this year and 1st next year

28. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    That would be sick! But it wont happen. lol
    Whitehurst for a 1st rounder?

29. BoltsFanUK