1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Mathews back at practice

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joy Division, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Thank goodness this site doesn't have Smell-O-Vision. :eek:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I give him this; he's not taking it lying down and he's not slacking off. He's working hard at getting back out there and even if his & Gaither's injuries are apples to oranges, you can admire someone who isn't taking the easy way out and is instead working like he plans on playing monday night

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I completely agree. He has to be the most disappointed of anyone about this injury.

I'm hoping he comes back with a huge chip on his shoulder.

I said on - not out of. :tup:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    This is good news, we need our best players healthy if we're gonna win this division, and getting out of the gates with a division win to go to 1-0 would be a great first step to doing that.

7. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I'd still sit him for 3-4 weeks , think what that shoulder does blocking etc.. to lose him for the whole season would kill us!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Titans' MLB McCarthy is out for this Sunday. Does this mean Mathews can play since there won't be any contact? ;)

Just wanna get this out there so that, when we win, the Norv-haters will already have their excuse(s) ready. :tup:

9. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    any updates on where he's at with contact drills?

10. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +136
    I cant tell if this is a semi shot at Gaither or not but if it is...i dont think thats fair to say. Gaither is disappointed with his injury, but with muscle spasms, especially around the spine, you need to be really careful, and lots of times those spasms will tighten up so much that you cant even move. So hes in a position where he really cant do anything until hes healed, and with the team not letting him disclose anything about his injury the questions are gonna be asked in the media. He does have a history of getting very frustruated of the injuries though.

And sitting Mathews for 3 to 4 weeks wouldnt help that at all. He wont be cleared till that bones fully healed, which takes around 4 to 6 weeks, and its 5 weeks today. Once a bone heals there isnt anything to worry about.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Rygina deserves a break and I know I get down hard on him, well earned as it may be.