1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Mathews is back in business

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Sep 29, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (ankle) practiced in full Wednesday, Sept. 29. Mathews missed the team's Week 3 game due to his ankle injury.

Chargers | Ryan Mathews returns to practice - NFL Hot off the Wire

I really hope he has a break out game vs the cardinals. It would boost his confidence and help define his role as a Charger. Can't wait til he's on the field sunday

2. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Once he gets that first TD, or first 100-Yard game, his confidence should skyrocket. After that, I see him going on a tear... hopefully it starts vs Arizona this weekend!

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I just want the kid to hold on to the ball for an entire game.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    YES!! Just saw this on NFL.com and was thinkin NOW this is something worth conversing about.

As much as I want to see him on the field, I cant help feeling nervious as much as excited about him playing this game. I dont think we need him to win, but I want him to be involved in every win we get. This also means by him playing this game I will have that uneasy feeling about his ankle for weeks to come.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I don't think we need him to win, but he only makes us better. He's quicker and more explosive than Tolbert, he offers a big play threat that Tolbert doesn't, and he can reach the edge.

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Although it is true we don't need him to win, it definitely increases our chances of winning when he's the running back. I really wanna see what this guy can do.

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If he's truly 100%, turn him loose. The Cards have a very mediocre run defense.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    For the love of god just don't give up a return to Stephens-Howling. The guy is just as dangerous as Washington, and he returned one on the Raiders last week.

9. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I'm interested to see how ST responds to the criticism.. Hopefully they shut him out and do good but we'll have to wait and see.

10. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

AGREED!!! Would love nothing more than to see him just figure out how to hold the rock.

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Let's crack the upper upper echelon of the league's defenses this week with a shutout. Scrub QB but an incredible receiver. Shut that down and we got ourselves a shutout.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Incredible group of receivers, all of whom are injured including the superstar.

Opportunity for domination

13. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    agreed he can reach the edge quicker and if he breaks a few and tolbert is in there blocking it opens up more plays via screen passes to tolbert for like 30 yard gains i like those