1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Mathews is back in business

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Sep 29, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (ankle) practiced in full Wednesday, Sept. 29. Mathews missed the team's Week 3 game due to his ankle injury.

Chargers | Ryan Mathews returns to practice - NFL Hot off the Wire

I really hope he has a break out game vs the cardinals. It would boost his confidence and help define his role as a Charger. Can't wait til he's on the field sunday

2. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Once he gets that first TD, or first 100-Yard game, his confidence should skyrocket. After that, I see him going on a tear... hopefully it starts vs Arizona this weekend!

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I just want the kid to hold on to the ball for an entire game.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +406
    YES!! Just saw this on NFL.com and was thinkin NOW this is something worth conversing about.

As much as I want to see him on the field, I cant help feeling nervious as much as excited about him playing this game. I dont think we need him to win, but I want him to be involved in every win we get. This also means by him playing this game I will have that uneasy feeling about his ankle for weeks to come.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,627
    I don't think we need him to win, but he only makes us better. He's quicker and more explosive than Tolbert, he offers a big play threat that Tolbert doesn't, and he can reach the edge.

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Although it is true we don't need him to win, it definitely increases our chances of winning when he's the running back. I really wanna see what this guy can do.

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,558
    If he's truly 100%, turn him loose. The Cards have a very mediocre run defense.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,627
    For the love of god just don't give up a return to Stephens-Howling. The guy is just as dangerous as Washington, and he returned one on the Raiders last week.

9. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I'm interested to see how ST responds to the criticism.. Hopefully they shut him out and do good but we'll have to wait and see.

10. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455

AGREED!!! Would love nothing more than to see him just figure out how to hold the rock.

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Let's crack the upper upper echelon of the league's defenses this week with a shutout. Scrub QB but an incredible receiver. Shut that down and we got ourselves a shutout.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,068
    Incredible group of receivers, all of whom are injured including the superstar.

Opportunity for domination

13. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    agreed he can reach the edge quicker and if he breaks a few and tolbert is in there blocking it opens up more plays via screen passes to tolbert for like 30 yard gains i like those