1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Mathews is the real deal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jul 3, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/...ad/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Loved this quote...

“My main thing is to get into camp as soon as possible,” Mathews said (Chargers rookies report July 25). “I’ve talked to my agent; I need to be there. Too many guys hold out for all the wrong reasons and I’m not going to be one of them. I’m looking ahead, to winning that last game of the year, the Super Bowl.”

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    He's one of my favorites already.

3. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Agree...This kind of attitude will make me a big fan of his as I was with LT....Lot's of guys have the god given physical tools....It's the drive, ambition and heart that separate the men from the boys.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Good to see AJ really did select a player of high class and character, I like what I'm seeing from him already.

5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I just read that on Twitter from the UT- I'm already liking this :D

6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Let's see if he gets into Training Camp, on time.:yes:

7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Lol, I was just thinking the same thing. We will see if he is there. Glad to see he does have some character but I have heard this to many times before from various players for various teams and then they still end up holding out. I hope he doesn't cause he needs all the reps he can get.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I told you guys. :) But let's see how he does in some real games first before we all anoint him to LT status. I have no doubt he will though. He will be offensive rookie of the year if he stays healthy and the line does it's job.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    “I don’t feel pressure replacing LT. Big shoes. It’s hard to fill those shoes. I’m going to play my game. I knew I should be playing with those guys after I got here. I didn’t struggle. It was good. A running back has to be confident; you can’t second-guess. “

This. Hell yes.

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Didn't Reggie Bush say something along the same lines and hold out anyways?

I agree with LT-Express that we should hold off on our excitement until his actions meet his words.

Still, it's nice to hear though.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Love this kid. Glad he is a Charger. Lets just hope he lives up to the lofty expectation many of us are putting on him

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'm tired of all the talk, I just want to see win's and a Lombardi. Then they can talk all they want, just play until you bring home the trophy. He does seem like a good kid though.

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'm with you Hex, trust me. I always tell my wife, sons and close friends is that ALL I want to complete my life is to see the Chargers finally hold up the Lombardi trophy for the city of San Diego and for us loyal fans (not bandwagoners) I told my wife before I leave this earth I just want to be able to say (like Joe Namath), "We did it, we did it...."

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341

QFT.

I also cannot wait for this day. I will be at the season opener in KC maybe this year will also flower a SB berth. I have always been 100% confident that if this team got to the bowl it would all but be a lock. Injuries even consiered.

I have to say this year I do have reserve about what I will be getting amped up about too soon. This season is gonna be a LOOOONG season b/c it still wont even begin until week 1 or 2 of the Post season. I am not saying after 3 years of this is the year just that. But I feel confident in my reserve that I and all of us, will be rewarded in time *or sooner preferably* TEN fold. *not to say we win 10 superbowls, but rather that is how big it is going to be for all of us diehards when we finaly clear that hump of being ringless.

Realisticly this team will compete this year and be a top 4 finalist once again. I will say again KC OAK are getting back on their feet. We wont be walking away with the divison this year by a long shot imo. 4-2 sounds bad considering, but I think we could see some final pt decision matches once again from KC and OAK.

Cant wait for Sept 13th!!! Oyea my first ever NFL game and I lucked into goin to a SD game!! :popcorn:

15. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh. Ryan Mattews is gonna be the new LT as far as class goes since LT has become a lowlife in the last year. As far as playing goes.... it will be hard for him to live up but with that attitude and work ethic maybe he has a chance.