1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ryan Mathews Update: RB day-to-day for Sunday's home opener

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by Travis Duncan, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Travis Duncan

Travis Duncan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    uspw_6432890.jpg San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers running back Ryan Mathews (24) during training camp at Charger Park. Jake Roth-US PRESSWIRE

Update Sept. 16 11:34 PT According to ESPN and other media outlets, Mathews will not play today against the Titans.

Update: 2:22 PT Mathews was in full pads for Thursday's practice and was cleared for contact, a good sign that he will play Sunday.

By Travis Duncan

Bolt Talk writer

RB Ryan Mathews did not practice Wednesday. He was on the practice field doing individual workouts. He has not been ruled out for Sunday's home opener against Tennessee, however he hasn't been clear either.

Wednesday Coach Norv Turner said Mathews "worked pretty hard" but did not practice. Mathews has not suffered any setbacks after breaking his clavicle in the first preseason game, but he has not been cleared for contact.

At this point the Chargers are not giving an indication if Mathews timetable for a return could be sped up between now and Sunday's home opener. If you had to guess it probably won't and he will return Week 3 vs the Atlanta Falcons. The Chargers didn't run the ball great against Oakland, but Tennessee rightly should be viewed as a winnable game even if Mathews is held out as a precaution.

Seau's jersey to be retired

The Chargers will retire Junior Seau's No. 55 jersey before the game on Sunday. The team still needs to sell a few thousand tickets for avoid a local TV blackout. The deadline is 4:15 Thursday but the team could likely get an extension from the NFL.

All White Sunday

The Chargers will feature the all white unis on Sunday, something that Turner said the players like and he hopes the fans too will be excited for as well. The coach himself said he won't go all white, indicating he would be hard to find on the sideline if he did so.

2. Scott Kirby

Scott Kirby BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I HOPE he doesn't play. I am scared that hes not QUITE there and will just re injure himself I'd feel better him being out ONE MORE WEEK. AS FOR ALL WHITE UNIS I could give a rat's butt. JUST WIN BOLTS, JUST WIN.