1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan sends Marty a Game Ball

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    THAT'S AWESOME!!!

That's a nice punch in the face to AJ!!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    what a punk

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Maybe when the Colts thrash the Jets this weekend, they'll send Manjini a gameball.

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Between this, Shonn Green doing the LT ball flip in the endzone and then the team dancing and making up insulting lyrics to the Electric Slide on their way back to NY... I almost hate this Jets team as much as the Pats and Donks...

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Bet Ryan's pregame speech begins with "There's a gleam men..."

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I think it's kind of funny. :lol:

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Me too. :yes:

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Pay attention people:

When you beat someone you get to gloat and talk as much **** as you want. Something a few of our players (SHAUN PHILLIPS) don't understand.

Don't like it? WIN.

I thought it was funny too.

Rex Ryan, NFL Troll.

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Rex Ryan is the Ocho Cinco of coach's.:yes:

11. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    What goes around comes around.

To declare yourself as the favorite to instill confidence is visionary and is a shrewd tactic that is able to bring a team together, and I actually respect Ryan's guts for doing this up to this point. It is simply psyching your team up for a potential victory.

However, to send Marty a gameball, mock LT and the opponents you beat has never, ever been a smart move in the NFL, and I think Rex has been crossing the line--the teams who start undermining opponents, both past and present, usually get a nice helping of humble pie shoved into their mouths, and I think the Colts are ready to shove so much into Ryan's mouth that he may actually *GASP* be full!

Ryan has a good thing going, but there is a line between confident and cocky, and teams on the left side of the line are a hell of a lot more successful than those on the right.

Colts 28, Jets 10

12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :yes:

If he was our coach we'd all be :icon_rofl: and telling everyone how awesome our coach was.

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I don't get it. And what I do get about it is not funny.

Its a reach at best, sounds like Rex just needs attention.

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Without a doubt. I will say this.....people say that he is a trash talker and I don't see that. I don't "think" he has ever said anything negative about an opponent or player. He has always just talked over the top about his own team and his expectations of his own team. Those that don't like him is probably more because his team is proving him right so far which means your/our team lost.
    Now the fans of the Jets are just as bad as ours only in reverse. We lovede our team and now everyone must go. The Jet fans couldn't stand the Jets when the went through their losing streak and now they talk crap like they are the next best thing since sliced bread.

15. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,806
    I don't mind his confidence and being outspoken about his team. I actually think it's fun and it will bite him in the butt from time to time but if it doesn't bother him or his team then no biggie.

That said, giving a gameball to Marty wasn't about his team, it was about sticking it to the Chargers. Using LT's nike video as motivation for his team was one thing, but for that team to then mock him and continue to disrespect him days after the game was played is what bothers me.

I know LT now isn't the star RB we used to know, but the man still had a stellar HoF worthy career. Most RB's don't last 5 years in this league, LT has nearly a decade under his belt at a top of his position and countless NFL records to his name. Not to mention all the good he does here and elsewhere with his charity work or the good example he sets as a role model. He doesn't deserve to be disrespected that way by a bunch of punks who will be lucky to have a career with half of his success.

16. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Between Marty and Brian, theres alot of inside knowledge about the chargers players going to the jets.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marty helped the Jets at some point...as a slap to the guy who ousted him (AJ).

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If the Charger's want respect around the NFL, they'll have to earn it. It may be classless of the Jet's to get down on LT, but he kind of brought it down on himself.

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm guessing theres a feud or two going on in the nfl coaching heirchy.

19. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96

I agree, and the Chargers deserve to not even receive a word of attention until draft day due to their shameful loss.

However, no team or player deserves disrespect, especially someone like LT who has spent his entire career being classy.

20. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree...does not make a lot of sense based on that article. Lame attempt to be funny? Not sure?:icon_shrug:

I had not heard that LT was being ridiculed by the jets...except I did see that endzone bullshh*t. That is low class...I guess I'm not surprised with a Ryan as coach!:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  21. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    A classy team in the NFL is very difficult to find these days...and I do not put the Chargers up there in that category based upon how some of our players act. However, it is the classy teams that usually end up winning it all.

Pittsburgh does have Wines Hard, but besides him, they have never tolerated crap from players like Porter and that stupid safety who called out the Pats before getting lit up. I am not surprised that they declined this year when WH opened his big, fat mouth.

The Giants, when they won their bowl, were classy the entire way, and they took their position as an underdog in stride, focusing on the game while allowing the media to slurp all over Brady and his notion that being held to 20 points was a "ridiculous" one.

I thought the Jets had the winning formula until I hear more about them undermining other teams. As I have said before, boosting yourself is a key to victory, but slinging garbage over the fence allows your opponent to light it on fire and sling it back.

22. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I have to agree that I would not consider the Chargers a "classy team". We have some very Classy players...but we have too many i.e Cro that bring us down to the norm of the NFL.

23. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
  24. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Who said anything about the Chargers wanting respect? I just think it was a tacky thing to do and while I can appreciate Rex Ryan for being the brash SOB that he is, there is a line between being confident/proud and being an *******. I've always been a Marty fan, but he wasn't some innocent victim here in SD he was every bit as responsible as AJ for the dysfunctional relationship.

But LT didn't bring it on himself, that video wasn't made as an F U to anyone, it was silly and fun. It was a joke. Of all the players on our team worth mocking publicly, LT is not one.

• Like Like x 1
  25. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    I really hope Merriman comes back and does something to show that the team does not need Phillips. Merriman reminds me of Ray Lewis in terms of personality--he does some questionable things and sometimes appears to care too much about outside ventures, but on the field and in the locker room, he is a guy who knows what is takes to win a football game.

Luckily, we have Cason to make Cro expendable, and I have faith that Jackson can turn it around...he is a smart kid. Phillips is quickly losing favor in my book--he reminds me of another Osi U in terms of personality and skillset; cares too much about himself and not enough about the team, and has the ability to rush the passer, but is dreadful against the run and has the football sense of a goalpost.

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
  27. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

The video was made like two years ago as well. Not even something that was made a week before the game.

28. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I'd like to know who the dips*it was that released that LT dance video during the playoffs???

If it's 2 years old, then why not release it earlier??? Bad timing on whoever did it.

29. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    As LT would say, "NAW. I don't like that call" It was released at the end of the season because the Chargers were doing well and it would generate some good vibrations in this and other camps.

30. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    This is all XX's fault.