1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sad kitty news :(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sydalish, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    So... I'm stuck at work but just got off the phone with the hub. One of our kitties started acting funny and breathing heavy and shallow this morning. So bright and early we took her to the vet. After a day full of testing we are down to three possible diagnosis'

• Heart Failure
    • Organ Failure
    • Cancer

No matter what, it is likely that we will be putting down our little Amber baby before the day is thru. :( :( :( what a sucky Friday.... I just hope she hasn't been in pain for too long and not showing signs... she's only 9 and the hub has had her since she was 6 weeks old. We're heartbroken. I dunno if this belongs here but, I have no were else to go... stuck at this stupid desk while my sweet little companion is dying.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sorry to hear that Syd. Try and stay upbeat if you can.

3. grandmaster v

grandmaster v BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    losing a pet is the absolute worst.
    just remember that while she made a difference in your life, you have also impacted hers in a positive way.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Sorry to hear that Syd. :icon_sad:

We had to put my wife's 17 year old cat down last year.

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

I am sorry to hear that Syd, the loss of a loved pet is as much as losing a family member. Please accept my condolences.

6. eastcoastboltgal

eastcoastboltgal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +695
    I am so sorry for you. The exact same thing happened to my kitty in July. She was only 7. It was horrible. I sat there with the oxygen mask over her until I could make my decision, even though I really didn't have a choice. It was sad and I still miss her .. she was the sweetest kitty ever!

My kids were away with their father when it happened and were devastated when they came home. It was horrible. They cried for days and days. Even the boys. I am just about ready to get another one but they are afraid to get attached again.

7. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I'm so sorry, Syd.:no: This is definitely not good news.

Having been owned by a number of fur-kids over the years, I know how gut-wrenching these decisions can be. Some of the worst times in my life were the times I've had to hold a beloved kitty in my arms as the vet released him or her from their suffering. Our pets are not LIKE members of the family, they ARE members of the family, and it hurts every bit as much to lose them.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your much-loved feline friend. May you both meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge, where pets and the humans who loved them are reunited forever.:icon_cry:

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Thank you so much for the kind words guys - it helped lift the hub's spirits when i told him about it.

Amber is home now and we have to watch her for the next two days to see if she responds to the treatment they gave her and medication - apparently the vet believes she has a condition called idiopathic chylo thorax which caused pleural effusion [lymph fluid to fill the sack around the lungs preventing them from expanding and keeping her from breathing properly] - we won't know until tomorrow if the cause is cancer or heart disease or if it's still an unknown.

It's not very likely that she will recover, but there is a chance and we should know in the next 48 hours - so for now it's wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Sorry to hear that Syd

10. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    So sorry to hear about your little Amber. I truly hope she can pull through. They really are our best friends and losing them can be devastating.

I started this thread last year after we lost our best friend to cancer.

http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12049&highlight=memorials

Our thoughts are with you and Amber, you're not alone.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I am so sorry for your loss :icon_sad:

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    sorry to hear that Sydalish:icon_sad: MrsLash and I lost our two cats of 18 years last year.

14. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Sorry to hear about your cat Syd.