1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sad News for the Fouts' Family

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    UTKevinAcee: Condolences to Dan Fouts and his wife, whose son has lost a battle with cancer. Dan is a good man who has suffered along with Nick. (15 minutes ago from TweetDeck, retweeted by you and 43 others)

I wasn't aware his son was unwell. Very very sad :( RIP Nick. Thinking of the Fouts' family and their friends. No parent should have to bury their child...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    WOW, cancer is a MFer, and it doesnt care who it takes!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I hope that Dan gets the privacy everyone deserves at such a difficult time. I wonder if he'll find peace in his work or need to take time away from announcing to collect himself/his family. Truly sad.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Tragic news indeed. My condolences to the Fouts family.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Tough to bury a child. My condolences to the Fouts family.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I didn't even know he had a son and what terrible news. I wish them well and may god bless them all.

7. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    No parent should ever have to bury their child.:( Condolences to the Fouts family

8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    My deepest condolences to Dan Fouts & the rest of his family.

9. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Can't imagine the heartache the family must be feeling - thoughts and prayers and hugging my kids tonight

• Like Like x 1
  10. HBM

HBM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Peace be with the Fouts

11. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    My condolences as well, I didn't know he had children but as a father myself it has to be devistating.

12. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    My deepest sympathies and prayers go out to the Fouts family. There is NO pain worse than that of burying your own child......eventually you work through it, you get past it, but you never, ever get over it. There is always somebody missing from the dining table, someone who doesn't get birthday or holiday presents......it's awful. God keep this family in the palm of His hand. :(

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Dominic Daniel Fouts' Obiturary from the UT | Info on donations listed at the bottom for anyone who might be interested.

[​IMG]

Dominic Daniel Fouts passed away on Sunday, August 12, 2012, in Portland, Oregon, at the age of 34.

He was born in San Diego, California on July 16, 1978 where he lived until he moved to Sisters in 1991 and in later years lived in Seattle and Portland. He is survived by his loving family: father Daniel F. Fouts, mother Julianne M. Fouts, wife Sally Fouts, stepmom Jeri Fouts, sister Suzanne Krueger, brother-in-law Jesse Krueger, brother Ryan Burbank, sister Shannon Fouts and niece Lily Krueger.

He graduated from Sisters High School in 1996 and from the University of San Diego with a degree in Communications in 2001, and attained the degree in Masters of Arts in Teaching from Seattle Pacific University in 2009. Whether you called him Dominic, Dom, Nick, the Dominator, Nitro or Dominicolus it didn't matter to him. What you could call him for sure would be extraordinary.

A true student-athlete, Nick excelled in both the classroom and the athletic arena. He achieved the rare triple honor of being named the Student of the Year in both math and science at Sisters High School, while also earning honors as Athlete of the Year. An outstanding leader, he quarterbacked the Outlaw football team, was point guard on the basketball team and was a member of the 1996 3A state champion 4x400 meter relay team.

After receiving his masters, Nick settled in as a science teacher in the Greater Seattle school system. He was a devoted and innovative teacher throughout the school year and camp counselor in the summertime. Teaching and mentoring children was always the highest priority for him. Outside the classroom, his passion was for the outdoors and for adventure. It was not uncommon to see Nick and his pals scaling one of the Sisters Mountains and snowboarding down, only to go back for more. His love of the surf rivaled that of his winter sports as he braved the chilly waters of the Oregon Coast and savored the warm swells of Southern California and Mexico.

He was also an avid traveler, and loved exploring new places and cultures. His travels took him to France, Spain, London, the Dominican Republic, Canada, and most recently, a return trip to Italy in May and June. He was wise, fearless, intelligent, courageous, sentimental and thoughtful, and he possessed an exceptional sense of humor. He was a man of loyalty, heart and depth. And it is all these traits and more that served him so well during his three year battle with cancer. We are blessed by his life and knowing that in his later years his fight allowed all of us to come together in a way that it is not always possible for family and friends. Adversity has a way of altering perspective, sometimes in ways that surprise us, just like Dominic.

Dominic is survived by his loving family, many dedicated friends and a phenomenal team of doctors and health professionals. Our entire family expresses our deepest thanks to the wonderful circle of people who cared so much about Dominic, and who continue to give us comfort, support and love during these difficult days we are truly blessed. A Celebration of Dominic's life will take place on Saturday, August 18th, at 5:00 p.m. at the Sisters High School Auditorium in Sisters, Oregon, followed by a reception at Aspen Lakes Lodge at Aspen Lakes Golf Course.

Donations may be made in his honor to any of the following charities:

Sisters Schools Foundation
    P.O. Box 2155
    Sisters, OR 97759
    Please add the memo line "In memory of Dominic Fouts"

Providence Portland Medical Foundation
    4805 NE Glisan
    Portland, OR 97229
    (please indicate on the memo line "Integrative Medicine Fund - in memory of Dominic Fouts")

OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
    payable to the OHSU Foundation
    Mail Stop 45, PO Box 400
    Portland, OR 97208-9852
    Please add the memo line "In memory of Dominic Fouts"

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Prayers to the Fouts family.

15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074

WOW what a jest for life! Thanks for posting that

16. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It's tough reading threads like this.:cry:

17. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Really sad hear that. I give my condolences to the Fouts family.