1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Saints sign DE Smith to 6 year, $70 Mil. Extension

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jun 11, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Damn if this guy got that much, how much will it cost for us to extend Merriman?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808c7923&template=without-video&confirm=true

2. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Makes you wonder... :unsure:

3. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    :tdown::icon_eek::icon_evil::censored::icon_wtf:

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    One hundred billion dollars

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Merriman's going to cost an absolute fortune and what does that mean if we sign him for signing Rivers, McNeil, Jackson, Cromartie, Igor, etc?

6. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

I doubt that we can keep them all, but the reason for not signing free agents is so that we can resign the majority of our home grown guys. In regards to resigning Merriman, I would think that the three bolded players would be higher up on the resigning priority list.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Salary structures are going to be VERY important as we try to sign our star players. Frankly, I'm not at all certain that we'll be able to keep Shawne. It may very well come down to him making a decision akin to Dielman's - do I want to be a Charger or follow the money?

The salaries are getting outrageous. Soon no one but the rich & famous or corporate sponsors will be able to go to see a game. :tdown:

8. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I know this guy is pretty good, but how does a defensive player on one of the league's worst defenses merit this much money?