1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Salary Cap

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Mar 17, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    we have like 8-10 mil when you consider rookies, right?

3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm guessing this was before Royal's signing. So probably about 8 mil left now (after Bigby and a couple other odds n' ends).

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
  5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    You gotta count 3.5 off for Volek too. Then add C.B.J., Bigby, and McMichael.

6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    No it was published yesterday.. the 16th..

7. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    that report is the cap as of thursday and we have made some transactions since then all be it small ones but im shocked we have that much room still... more free agency moves to come i guess :D ... im loving the excitement of everyday seeing new transactions (maybe i shoulda been a redskins fan :roflmao:)

8. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    well expect Tolbert, Garay, Hester, and possibly Harris to be back. We might also look to extend guys like Donald Butler, Cam Thomas, etc.

9. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    I cant see Tolbert and Hester both coming back unless they both decide to come back really cheap.. most likely hester will be back bc hes one of AJ's "Golden Boys".. I think locking up Donald Butler would be a great move but Cam Thomas i think needs to prove a little more this year b4 getting the security of a new deal

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Before or after the 3 moves we made?

11. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Well Frank Summers visited with the 49ers. This is how I see it, if Summers is signed by SF and Hester and Tolbert are still out there they'll opt for both, and have Hester as the backup FB and STers guy.

If Summers is retained I don't think Tolbert is back. Either way I think we should get a LaMichael James or something in this draft. I know its a reach now that we have other areas to look at but you never know.

But as of right now I guess the tides have changed, Tolbert hasn't been happy with offers and the roles he's getting. He might just be back in SD next year.

12. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    Yeah looks like our offer to tolbert is getting a little sweeter to him everyday... and yeah id be thrilled with picking up a back like lamichael in something like the 3rd round.. personally id prefer chris rainey over lamichael

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't see either coming back with Frank Summers ready to play and the signing of McClain. I agree we need to get Butler locked up.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Does anyone really know how the rookie pool works now that it set???