1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Same old rivers new pep

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Jun 8, 2007.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    All aboard

Like all of the offseason program, this weekend’s mini camp is voluntary for the players. Still the Chargers saw perfect attendance Friday.

“We want to be here because we have to get better,” said linebacker Stephen Cooper. “It’s encouraging to see everyone working hard and making an effort to be here.”

Davis was the only injury Turner addressed Friday and the head coach expects everyone to practice throughout the weekend.

Everyone is there, and they all are getting on the same page!

6 4 days
    2 3 hours
    1 6 minutes
    0 2 seconds
    3 1 3 milliseconds

till we get to see them in action.

2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Really good to hear it. I like a peppy spirited Rivers, but the spaz sub 50% completion Rivers from the end of last season I can do without.

Just dropped my boy off at gramma's for the night, and after arguing first football then immigration with her raider fan friend, I really needed a good dose of that Ol' Time Bolt Religion. Thank God (no not gawd) for this board.

:abq1: :icon_toast: :abq1:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I sure hope PR don't have the sophomore jinks and suck *** like Brees did in 03 which caused us too draft Eli.:bolt2:

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    he shouldn't do

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's time to rock the Pats, Colts, Bears, Broncos, etc. football plans. I expect to see quite a bit of new looks from this offense with Norv masterminding. Opposing DC's are going to be having a lot of sleepless nights this year! :abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:

6. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    i'll drink to that:icon_toast:

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

The Bolts are primed to be a dominating force in the NFL this coming season. I have only two concerns going in, our defensive backfield needs to improve over last year and the receiving corp must carry their own weight for the offense.:bolt2:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would add I want Shane Olivea replaced with Oben or another dude who can play right tackle. I am tired of seeing Olivea get worked like a school yard biitch.

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I took a lot of **** on the UT forums for supporting Rivers as "The Chosen One". Now that fans have had a year to see the goods, those of you who tried to ride it up my wazoo can kiss me sack.

Oh and there were several others who took the heat as well. :yes:

Bottom line: Rivers is the ****. :helm1:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Aw, you Brits will use any excuse for a drink!! :icon_tease:

I'd like to be there to raise a glass with ya right about now!

11. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    i've got a bottle in my hand..does that count:icon_tease:

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

I was there during the Rivers wars from day one, I was called every name they could think of. I do believe I was the flag barer for Rivers from the moment we traded for him. Most people wanted Gallery or a receiver, my stance was "if" we took A QB I hoped it would be Rivers and not Eli. I took heat just for that statement, but things have worked out well. :bolt2:

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Olivea has been working an off season conditioning program similar to Merriman's. He could be much improved, but if not, I'm with you on Oben.

The players appear to really, really happy with Norval. They're the ones that count the most. I don't think the rest of the league has any real idea what's about to hit them. I hope those New Englanders remain as arrogant as they are. I have visions of them choking on their chowders, with creamy white stuff dripping from their noses and down their chins.

:lol:

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I remember you, Teresa and Riversrat caught hell. The funny part about your heat was the fact you lived in Carolina but had moved from California but none of that matter for ****. You were the enemy or some stupid **** because of where you lived. That was my earliest days on the internet Bolt forums at the UT boards.

About a month before the Rivers draft, I registered and went for Rivers. I had "had it" with Brees and his bird **** looking mole on his face. Denver dared Brees to beat them with his arm and Brees always embarassed us. Fuc him and his mole.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It does not matter how much Olivea trains because you can not make his arms grow any longer or make his fat asss move any faster.

None of those things can be taught or conditioned or coached up to a next level. The dude is a short pile of **** who is going to get Rivers creamed.

I hope and trust the O-coordinator leaves a shitload of strongside protection with Manu or some other fat slob to help Olivea because one on one that dude sucks goat balls.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Soon you and I will drink a beer and bust one out from the stash and get right. :abq2: :icon_party: :rockout: :icon_high:

Show up to our hedonistic ceremonies as this will probably be my last year as a season ticket holder :yes:

I am using this as a threat for the Chargers to win it all or I go back to seeing maybe one or two games live per year.

It has been 30 years since I have done it but I figured if I threaten the Chargers, they will respond.

I am calling on my spirit gods and all my dead ancestors to pull one out of their skeleton asses for this football season and our deserved Lombardi.

Until then, I am not complete.

17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

Oh yeah by the time the 03 season was over I was convinced Brees was in over his head. I always said Rivers had a way of elevating the play of those around him and viola Brees has a breakout 04.

Then 05 happened and I knew it was time for a change, Brees blew his chance of keeping his job in my estimation, even before the injury. My only regret is, that Philip didn't get the chance to make Brees his backup. Brees took the easy way out and bailed to Naw orlens. :bolt2:

18. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331

i do believe i'm gonna use that breakdown on a countdown clock on my myspace page!

• Like Like x 1
  19. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331
    :icon_rofl: strange but we can look back now and call them the "good ole days"

ur right Trump! i caught hell for being a Rivers fan and for being a woman on a football message board. thanks to diehard, wouldn't budge on your opinions, fans like yall....I stuck it out and stayed around.

one of these days i'm gonna get to San Diego to watch a game with all of yall and it'll be one heck of a time!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have seen alot of QB's come and go since the 60's watching this team. Fouts was my favorite and for me to put Dan Fouts to one side and state Rivers was better means a lot to me. Dan Fouts is the only Charger who I wanted to get an autograph from back in the day and I did get it.

Since then, I have not collected a single autograph and the reason for that is because autographs just do not mean anything to me. That may sound a bit "off" coming from a diehard but it is what it is.

My gratification comes from winning and eventually getting the Lombardi. 45 years of waiting.....and waiting....and waiting......while family members and tailgaters are dying off....we wait .... and wait....

This year these dudes need to get it done. Last year we should have won the whole thing and I can not tell you how many times I said this comment.

Against the Houston Oilers, the Raiders, the Bengals in the Ice Bowl, the Patriots .. it gets old .... We could have won the whole thing but we did not.

This year is do or die.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

Yep, I grew up in the 619 and moved to Raleigh in 99. In fact it was a school assembly that featured Speedy Duncan in the second grade that sparked my interest in the Chargers.

Poor Teresa, Riversrat and Rivershead they got the baptism by fire, San Diego style back then. I'm glad we can laugh about it now and Philip proved out to be everything we said and more.:bolt2:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Concudan finally admitted that Rivers was better.

BoltDiehard told me that Rivers better be all that last year without Brees or he was going to find me and kick my ***. BDH bought me a Rivers jersey to say "dude you were right" especially after Rivers put the wood to the Broncos in Mile High.

Some fans were just not ready to make the move to Rivers because they were enamored with the moled one or the fact we had not had a QB worth a damn since Stan the Man.

23. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

And to think it's only the beginning. I want to so bad make the trip out for a game and party with all the crazy gaters. At least you had the pleasure to have them all admit you were behind the right man.:icon_toast: :bolt2:

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ditto. Nothing I'd like better than to come out to the Q & hang with some of you guys 'n' gals. I thought I'd do it this year for my 50th, but it doesn't look like finances will allow.

I respect Drew as a competitor, but never felt that he could really get the job done when the chips were down. With PR, I feel that we're never out of a game.

Here's to a lot more butt-whoopin's applied by the Chargers to the rest of the NFL!! :icon_toast:

And Trumpy - here's to fans like you getting your well-deserved Lombardi this year! :icon_toast: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Appreciate the props T. It wasn't that I didn't like Rivers but the fact that Brees helped us achieve a level of success not seen by Boltheads in a long long time. I don't share the hate for Brees that many on here have even if their opinion is justified by some of his actions. That said when #17 bent the Donkos over twice last year I knew we had something special. The Raiders may be the most hated team by most Chargers fans but the Broncos have been the top team in the AFCW for a long time (when was the last time they really sucked?). Brees and Flutie couldn't do dick against the Broncos and yes it was embarrassing. Philip changed all that and now the Rat Bastard is scrambling trying to game plan for this kid.

Keep in mind I never had the chance to see Philip in mini-camps or practices so I really had no idea.

No sophomore jinx this year; dude is gonna blow up. :yes: :bolt2:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    After so many camps and pre-seasons you get a feel for who is going to light it up.

Antonio Gates was special when I saw him and I was yaking in our stadium section how Gates would outshine Kellen Winslow and some thought I was crazy because Gates had not done ****. I just told them to watch and mark my words. Same **** with Rivers.

After you see the horses over and over, you get a sense of who is worth a plug fuc and who is not worth a fuc. That does not mean I get it right all the time because I have had a few who I thought would shine and they sucked ***.

The first four passes Rivers threw in his first exhibition game, cemented what I had suspected. That is all I really needed to see from that point forward to know this dude was better than Fouts. Rivers did not possess the beautiful deep ball that Stan Humphries threw but nevertheless, Rivers could deliver it downfield with a flatter trajectory and on target with his Bernie Kosar style of side armed delivery.

Last year we knocked on the door. This year we kick the phucker in and take no prisoners. :helm1: