1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sammy Davis.......aheem.......Buster Davis inactive this week.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Nov 7, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Buster isn't exactly winning me over either but the dude isn't Sammy Davis. Sammy didn't have health issues to cover the fact that he sucked balls. Buster at least has talent

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I, for one, would hate to see him gone. I think he has alot too offer. Yeah, he has to toughen up/play hurt, but I'd rather he stay longterm and not become another Welker or Camarillo.

We should not let 1st rounders just disappear/evaporate.

4. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    You know I've been waiting to see who's jersey I should buy next. Well I think it is time to lay some moola down for a Malcom Floyd dk blu jersey. :yes:

5. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I think Floyd has a 1yr contract right now, you'd be better off waiting for him to get extended.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Word is the Chargers have already tried to shop Davis. No takers this year. As things are now, we could see him packaged as a draft day trade, or perhaps outright released in the off season.

His rep in college was one of being soft as well...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    I wish he could get on the field. He runs good routes and catches the ball well. He has the talent, he just needs to get these injury issues under control.

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    link.... personally, I think it''s too early to tell... WR's take a while, ESPECIALLY when there are good players in front of them on the depth chart...

some of the other dude's (Bowe/Colston) had NO competition...

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree. An interview that I heard on the radio said the problem is more 'acountability and reliability' than injuries.

When we were prepping for Buffalo, word is Davis kept telling the coaches he would be ready, so they intended to play him. Last minute he said he was not ready. This has apparently (according to the interview) happened repeatedly and Norv is fed up with it.

He does not want to have someone saying they can go, ethn being incapable of going. If the is the case, let the coaches know up front so the players who can go get worked in.

By all accounts Norv wants Buster on the field. It is Buster keeping himself off the field, based on what I have read and heard.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sure search 1090 archives and see if there is a link to the radio interview... I dont know with who, it may have been Canepa.

11. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    IMO, Canepa has zero cred... I seriously doubt he even likes the Bolts... have long since quit reading him...

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That's how I feel about Jerry Magee; good riddance.

13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070429-9999-1s29sullivan.html

The early knock on Davis, Nix said, concerned how well he played with minor injuries.

There's more. Durability was listed as a weakness on most draft prospect sites that year.

14. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    Buck-up buttercup! This is the NFL and if you can't gut it up and go, you'd better find another line of work.

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I can buy that but the problem isnt what he is doing on the field, ..........it is getting ON the field and not getting a bruise in the process.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    which is unfortunately a constant problem
    as for trading him, yeah gee golly gosh, who wouldn't want a WR like him?

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Every time Buster catches a ball I'm sure he's about to take it too the house.

He's so agile and fast it looks like he's running at a different speed.........SO WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING?

Other than injury, why is he not even getting a shot?