1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Chargers Show True Colors Against the Jets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Oct 23, 2011.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Will McCafferty
    Time for a new qb?

• Like Like x 1
  2. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Watching Sproles tear it up right now. Letting him get away was another stupid decision that bites us in the ***.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He is only useful if you have a coach who knows how to use him. Under Norv, he did nothing the last 2 years. Under Payton, he is playing very well.

4. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    tHIS. Its crazy that norv would use him like tolbert up the middle 70%o f the plays!

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I agree with this article 100%. A wise man wrote this article.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I want a clean house at the end of the season. Every Bust, Boom, Trash that A.J Smith made has to be taken and dispose of. Dean Spanos needs to then give ownership to someone with High Football I.Q. Then and only then will the Chargers become something they've never become a "Championship" team.

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Who could do that? Who would you reccomend? I like Chucky still maybe as football czar!

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Really? Did you watch him the last two seasons here? He did nothing... Nada... Nil.... He was captain of the standing there team. His returns sucked eggs, and his runs were not much better. He was a no factor with the Chargers.

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That's what happens when you have a coach that is clueless about how to use him. How often does Payton use Sproles in a dive play on the goal line?

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ok, you are welcome to your opinion. However, in my opinion your opinion shows a distinct lack of depth, as you cant seem to look beyond Norv for anything. Shall we attempt to put some criticality in your thesis? Yes lets do! ;)

How many times have you seen a player envigorated with a change of scenery? Sproles did not want to play in SD, rumors were flying around a year before his first contract was up that he wanted to play for the Rams or Chiefs to be closer to home. Sproles did not get the long term contract he wanted. Was that Norv, probably partially. Is Norv's game plan why Sproles is doing better in NO? Partially. No where near the end all be all you seem to feel it is.

The fact is Norv has forgotten more about offenses and how to use players than any of us forum goers will ever know. He has done a good job for the Chargers. How else do you explain that he has more wins that Gilman, Ross and Coryell? Ok, you dont like him. That is fine, but please dont make stuff up to hang on him. He does enough things that can be laid at his feet without made up forum BS.

P.s. Though I like Rivers, I feel the same about him as that last sentance says.

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I'm delighted for Darren on a personal level. Always struck me as one of the game's good guys.

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    How is he supposed to use him? The guy isn't an every down back. And as I recall, Norv was our coach a few years ago when Sproles had his monstrous year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I wonder why sproles didn't want to play in san diego? I don't think it was just money. He went from a predictive offense mind that used him like someone 50 lbs heavier on most plays to a modern offensive genius in the true sense of the word.

I explain the more wins than all those greats and success as a function of the roster talent. Note he took over a 14-2 team and has only gone downard over the years. He is like the anti-joe montana of coaching. Joe finds a way to win but norv always finds a way to loose.